What's new

Pakistan's Education system | Reforms & Upgrades.

Hi, not to derail this thread. But, to highlight a point made earlier, Pakistanis are no better. A lot of Pakistanis keep seperate plates for their Christian servants. Intolerance, and pure racism is not just an issue in India, it is just as, if not more prevalent in Pakistan. Take care.

don't drag religion into this

Is nobody going to mention Pakistan's literacy rate?
157/179 is Pakistan's rank when it comes to literacy rate....
That is one of the lowest literacy rates for a non-African country.

one thing which needed to be improve that the in our education system our children not ready to take decision they all are mostly dependent on others for this.
education system not allow them to give their views and when our system allow when they became habitual of not giving their feedback.

The biggest problem plaguing our system is the differentiation b/w Knowledge & Information; even teachers at univ levels ignore this primary fact

Very true, there is a huge difference between education and instruction; instruction is what we get in schools, be it public or private, while education is the continuity of instruction outside the education system.This is called individual Ijtihad (endeavour) in Islam.

The main this is that the system is corrupt and it entice students to be corrupt. It's hard for a student like me, who works hard all year to get trumped by a person who paid 20000 Rs per subject to get 85%. This is the ground reality.
Also, the course is static, the books have not changed in the past 50 years. That must also be changed.
I have given my O'levels and then went to Inter. As far as maths is concerned, the local system is a million, no, a billion times better. However, I dislike the exam pattern with focus on rote memorisation

561929_441534219218523_1795409932_n.jpg

Saeed Anwar, a student of grade 7 from Danish School Hasilpur, Bahawalpur obtained 86.7% marks and stood first in all Danish Schools. Saeed became emotional while delivering a speech in English at the Matriculation toppers ceremony and stated that he had lost both his parents and would have been roaming the dusty streets of his village had he not been admitted at Danish School. He stated that the teachers at Danish School are his parents now and thanked the CM for establishing the Danish School System.

Saeed Anwar, a student of grade 7 from Danish School Hasilpur, Bahawalpur obtained 86.7% marks and stood first in all Danish Schools. Saeed became emotional while delivering a speech in English at the Matriculation toppers ceremony and stated that he had lost both his parents and would have been roaming the dusty streets of his village had he not been admitted at Danish School. He stated that the teachers at Danish School are his parents now and thanked the CM for establishing the Danish School System.

You got it from Shahbaz Shareef's Facebook page...:lol:

I was just reading this....

To phir , are you voting for PTI na :)

Originally posted by Araz.

"I am not sure whether a radical change in the system of education is required. Text and content wise we are better than the western systems that we so envy. However independant thinking needs to be inculcated and for that the teachers need to be trained.Every where in the world there are days set aside for teaching the trainers. Ever see that in Pakistan.
Look I dont want to digress from the topic at hand. Please feel free to open a new thread and discuss the education needs separately. We can then shift the mails from this thread and continue there."
Araz

I am a bit confused here. Which 'text and content' are you talking about? There are three parallel systems running in the glorious country. i.e. Imported one, local and Madrassa type. Now the first one, imported, you cannot say that it is better than the west because it is already imported from there. Local (Matriculation system) is not better than the west; therefore, individuals prefer to do O and A levels. Madrassa system is not even at par with the local education system let alone the western system. You know why I emphasized more on changing the education system at grass root level? Majority of our people cannot go to schools like LGS etc so they end up going to government schools. Should I tell you the condition of government schools? So, we have to think for the majority. Introduce new and effective system in government schools. Take the example of India, only one uniformed system. We should uplift our existing system so we don't have to import our education system. Wasn't it a failure when we introduced a western system? For me it was because it shows that we failed to develop a local system. Open community schools--Social justice! It is the right of poor people to get same level of education as rich do! Yaar, jis mulk mien 9 and 10 ka aik year alag exams aur next year aik sath exams hoon, what do you expect from that education system? A bit too much experiments, eh!

So, if we are able to give a good education to our kids at junior level, they will automatically thrive in universities. If universities will get a 'lot' of thinkers rather than ratu baz, universities will further flourish the abilities of young brats.

Defence budget has increased significantly, whereas, the education budget is at all time low--
Pakistan need to change its education system a lot first update the syllabus and also make the course in such a way and also train teachers for that that students don't have to take tuition they can do homework on their own and also play for sometime and teach Arabic from calss 4 but in class 4 teach the Arabic of standard 1 and not directly of 4 because when student reaches 10th grade even if he studied Arabic upto 6th Standard than he could read and write Arabic and also teach Quran up to 8 only how to study it and in 9th and 10th grade teach them with Translation and also give them books of seerat so they can understand and study life of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW and in FA or FSC add Tafseer and Hadees along with subjects of world and that to completely updated make good and big buildings of Schools and Colleges with good furniture and teachers which are highly qualified and also trained

The Kind of buildings he has made and their quality and took funds from primary schools and gave away Laptops and why waste money on news why not make already existing schools better they have huge areas can be easily re build or improved by good furniture labs and other stuff can't you see the commission involved in this man open your eyes

Turkey to help in edu sector

Karachi—Turkish Ambassador Inaich has said Turkey is always ready to help out Pakistan, specially Sindh, in the field of education. He was speaking at a lunch reception hosted in honour of Fethullah Gulen, a Turkish Muslim scholar, at a local hotel here, said a handout issued here on Friday. The Turkish envoy further said both the countries have mutual co-operation in many fields and it is hoped that this cooperation would further increase.

Speaking on the occasion, Senior Minister for Education and Literacy Pir Mazhar-ul-Haq said Pakistan and Turkey both are brotherly countries and have cordial relations since long. The Senior Minister said Turkey has given considerable assistance to Pakistan on many occasions. Pir Mazhar-ul-Haq said Sindh has a long history of relationship with Turkey. Many Turkish educational institutions have been operating in the province and providing quality education, he added.

Pir Mazhar-ul-Haq appreciated the role of SZABIST in the promotion of quality education in Sindh. He said the institution has five campuses at Karachi, Islamabad, Dubai, Larkana and Hyderabad. He informed that SZABIST is now developing medical city at Gharo to provide quality education to the people of Sindh. Provincial Ministers Aga Siraj Durrani, Ayaz Soomro, Haji Muzaffar Shujraa, Rafiq Engineer, representative of Board of Trustees SZABIST, Khursheed Ahmed Junejo, Saqib Rizvi, Dr. Suleman Shaikh, Secretary Education Mukhtiar Ahmed, Soomro, Additional Secretary Shahnaz Mazhar and others senior officers of the Education Department, and heads of various universities were also present.—APP

Back
Top Bottom