What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

so we still dont know about SH-1?
i think it is inducted already because we heard about the news a while ago

wait for live fire dear may be we found it like A-100:P

What's the range of the panter?Does it have a fire control system?What number will eventually be procured?
I'm envious of pak army artillery but i think they are using too many varieties which could cause logistical nightmare,should standardize.

range max 40kms and pakistan got first batch of 12 and second batch 42 now we have TOT and will made in pakistan HIT wait i think max 300 to 400 they will make

China's ALMT Offering 155mm Guided Shell WS-35 With 100km Range

WS-35 Guided by GNSS/INS and presumably fired from PLZ-05. It was offered at an exposition in SE Asia, according to Kanwa.

PLZ-05.jpg

WS-35+155mm+guided+shell.jpg

i think it will be a little bit of both it will be based on m113 or some other platform

Scratch tht... my question was childish.. POF does produce 120mm mortars...as for the platform... In my humble opinion... i think Raad would be more suitable... any how im more interested in the arty guns promised by HIT last year....

Scratch tht... my question was childish.. POF does produce 120mm mortars...as for the platform... In my humble opinion... i think Raad would be more suitable... any how im more interested in the arty guns promised by HIT last year....

yes raad indeed is a good option
we will just have to wait and see

We did never see the Panthers in service with Pakistan Army, may be Pakistan did not have the cash to buy more than 12 Guns ?

52 Panter howitzers are currently in service (Source: SIPRI). Now, they are produced by Heavy Industries Taxila under ToT ..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/133983-pakistans-artillery-upgrade-discussions.html

Till today HIT has not offical confirmed the production of the Panthers.

52 Panter howitzers are currently in service (Source: SIPRI). Now, they are produced by Heavy Industries Taxila under ToT ..

Pakistan's first locally produced tank gun ready for use by defence | GulfNews.com

This are 50 Tank Guns not Panthers !

Till today HIT has not offical confirmed the production of the Panthers.

The main acquisitions are at least 297 M-109A5 155mm self-propelled howitzers that have been supplied since 2007 under a $56 million deal made in 2006, and local production of the Turkish MKEK Panter towed 155mm howitzers, by Heavy Industries Taxila's Heavy Mechanical Complex, after 12 were delivered for evaluation in 2007.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...illery-upgrade-discussions.html#ixzz2eBrQbjq4

There were two reports which I have mentioned before. Both of these 2011 reports confirm ToT and plans to produce MKEK Panters. No report since then. However, As Artillery Modernization Program is progressing steadily, It is believed that production has started. We will have to wait for Sir Usman Ansari to write one more article about Pakistan Army's Artillery Modernization program on Defense News. :D

115 M109A5's were delivered. Around 152 M109A2's are currently in service & as many upgrade kits were delivered by US. Some 30 - 40 more M109's will be delivered. This will take the number to around 300.

This are 50 Tank Guns not Panthers !

The official said that after delivering 50 tank guns, the HMC plans to produce artillery guns for the Pakistan Army.

Where did I say 50 Panters were produced ?? 12 + 40 = 52 Panters were delivered by Turkey according to SIPRI . Final number will be around 200.

Its a good news if Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

In a modern military, a missile is a self-propelled guided weapon system, as opposed to an unguided self-propelled munition, referred to as just a rocket. Missiles have four system components: targeting and/or guidance, flight system, engine, and warhead. Missiles come in types adapted for different purposes: surface-to-surface and air-to-surface missiles (ballistic, cruise, anti-ship, anti-tank, etc.), surface-to-air missiles (anti-aircraft and anti-ballistic), air-to-air missiles, and anti-satellite missiles. All known existing missiles are designed to be propelled during powered flight by chemical reactions inside a rocket engine, jet engine, or other type of engine.[citation needed] Non-self-propelled airborne explosive devices are generally referred to as shells and usually have a shorter range than missiles.

An ordinary English-language usage predating guided weapons is "any thrown object", such as objects thrown at players by rowdy spectators at a sporting event.

In a modern military, a missile is a self-propelled guided weapon system, as opposed to an unguided self-propelled munition, referred to as just a rocket. Missiles have four system components: targeting and/or guidance, flight system, engine, and warhead. Missiles come in types adapted for different purposes: surface-to-surface and air-to-surface missiles (ballistic, cruise, anti-ship, anti-tank, etc.), surface-to-air missiles (anti-aircraft and anti-ballistic), air-to-air missiles, and anti-satellite missiles. All known existing missiles are designed to be propelled during powered flight by chemical reactions inside a rocket engine, jet engine, or other type of engine.[citation needed] Non-self-propelled airborne explosive devices are generally referred to as shells and usually have a shorter range than missiles.

An ordinary English-language usage predating guided weapons is "any thrown object", such as objects thrown at players by rowdy spectators at a sporting event.

yeah u r rite

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom