What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

Perhaps this one or a derivative

also recently saw a photo of an unnamed Chinese wheeled SPH under development that looked like that but with 6 wheels, but can’t seem to find the picture.
not 6 wheels, but 7 pair of wheels.

Do you knowing which year the 25 pounders we’re retired ? And which gun is that in your profile picture 105 mm US made system ?
I don't know the year but 25 pounders have been retired since long, now they are only with FC/Mujahid Artillery at few places.
And maybe in Waziristan as well because there isn't any single system there at a place.
A single gun position consists of a mixture of 130mm Gun, 122 mm How, D 30, 155 mm Gun, 8 inch How Towed etc..

And yes, it's a 105 mm How.

not 6 wheels, but 7 pair of wheels.
1643461645388.jpeg

Actually I think it’s 8 wheels

This ones different , the 7 wheel one was a tracked system of a new type
Yeah, this was a compact design I saw with a 155mm? artillery system on top. A potentially very capable system in the right circumstances.

probably has an auto-loader? Maybe good for Shoot and scoot missions in areas with decent enough roads.

He is not confused. Even it was told here on this forum that initial plan was to go for two systems. Still that plan is not fully abolished. So we can end up adopting two different artillery systems
Both from china or other will be from west ?

Interesting. They have a BONUS style sensor-fused top attack munition.

I think it’s PLZ05.
All they need now is to be paired with some kind of Stealthy but fast Tilt Rotor drone to do recon and hide behind terrain and evade enemy air defense (hence tilt rotor over helicopter). In the US marine modernization, the focus is on more unarmed sensors linked with a limited but dispersed number of shooters. Spotting with cheaper and simpler sensors and a robust network that allows data to be shared with the artillery will be the critical points in future battles, IMHO.

Imagine one of these with a long range targeting pod and EW

Not really. In this domain (spg) pakistan dominates. 389 m109 (a2, a5 and L variants) and now 250+ sh15.

Compared to Indias 100 k9 (200 more ordered)

What happened to modernization of towed gun to 155 mm standard with K-9 gun from Korea??

SH15 doesn't have an auto loader! are you sure?

It has semi auto loader.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom