What's new

Pakistan’s arrest of Hafiz Saeed: Was it a wise move at this stage?

China don't support any jihadi organisation, China deal them with iron hand in xinjiang.
On topic, it was wise decision or not, but we have no other way, JUD is banned organization in U.N, and there are obligations which we have to fulfil according to resolution & decisions of U. N
Sorry, you are wrong, China only does what is best in it's interest like any other country in the world. It blocked JeM chief Masoood Azar to be declared as International terrorist in UN coz China knew how to handle Obama administration and where to hurt India bad in diplomacy. But Trump is different. China itself is confused like rest of the world. Therefore China kept away from showing it's love this time.

Sorry, you are wrong, China only does what is best in it's interest like any other country in the world. It blocked JeM chief Masoood Azar to be declared as International terrorist in UN coz China knew how to handle Obama administration and where to hurt India bad in diplomacy. But Trump is different. China itself is confused like rest of the world. Therefore China kept away from showing it's love this time.
There are limits to what China can do and what can't. They can use their veto to anything in UN but if sanctions are imposed by US unilaterally, there only as much as they can do as watch.
But the stats show that China has used this privilege rarely and only of late as it emerged as a global player.
654px-UNSC_veto.svg.png

I don't understand why the state doesn't take action against prominent leaders of militant outfits, like Mullah Abdul Aziz, Ludhianvi; or Hafiz Saeed. It is only due to the incompetence of the Pakistani courts that they are released due to a "lack of evidence". Any other competent court would be easily be able to find them guilty.

The Pakistani state needs to take strict action against these people, they are sponsoring the violence against innocent civilians in this country, and they are the reason why Pakistan has its bad image internationally.

With the JUD now going on protests this is going to be a massive blowback for govt.

Great, I like your ideas.

Pakistani government’s sudden action to arrest and detain Jammat-ud-Dawwah’s founder leader Hafiz Saeed along with his four party members has been reported worldwide, as a breaking development, and has lead to all kinds of speculations.
An aide of Hafiz Saeed has claimed that Hafiz has been arrested under the US pressure, as reported by BBC.

Has Hafiz been arrested under specific US demands?
Has China demanded action against Hafiz Saeed?
Implications of Arrest for Pakistan?
What were Pakistan’s real options?

To read complete analysis: https://www.globalvillagespace.com/2017/01/31/pakistans-arrest-hafiz-saeed-wise-move-stage/
Cool

Pakistan should hasten develop its >11000Km Abbdeel missile with MIRV to withstand future pressure like this!:D

One of the last few attempts for PMLN to please their US masters, to save them from the slaughter they are facing.

He is the one person who is preventing Pakistan from having a good relationship with India and USA.

Pakistan should send him to USA and improve relationships

No....a stupid move again from Nawaz sharif.

Hafiz Saeed nevertheless moves under protection and this "house arrest" doesn't change anything for him. He is not under police arrest which could lead to his prosecution.

Dr. Shahid has shared that his life as well as life of 4 of his "key fellows" was under threat. Thus "state" has acted here instead of government.

Recalling Hafiz Saeed is neither convicted nor under investigations. India blames him for terrorist activities and this is like blaming Pakistan for supporting Kashmir's uprising - baseless allegations without proof.
Till the time we have two versions of what is happening not much progress can be made.

Till the time we have two versions of what is happening not much progress can be made.

Pakistanis are sure, India is occupying Pakistan's territory and Hafiz Saeed supports freedom of that territory. He is not convicted but alleged only and alleged too by Indians who have a vested interest to malign him. This version also explains why India wants to "fix" him.

Pakistanis are sure, India is occupying Pakistan's territory and Hafiz Saeed supports freedom of that territory. He is not convicted but alleged only and alleged too by Indians who have a vested interest to malign him. This version also explains why India wants to "fix" him.
It's ok to have two versions on territorial disputes as that is normal across globe. It different when we have two Version on Hafiz Saeed involved in terrorism. This way there is no area of discussion. If there is nothing he has done on what basis you have arrested or house arrested him. Hard to believe you are doing only on hearsay. At least bring good logical points to debate. If I were you I would have debated differently.

What proof does India have of Hafiz Saeed's involvement in Terrorism in India? Aren't these the same as those that Pakistan have of TTP backed by RAW involved in terror attacks inside Pakistan?

Having said this, i am against the mindset which Hafiz Saeed and people like him preach. For me he is no different from people who brainwash innocent children by using Islam as a tool and attack whoever they deem as infidel. However, i have personally seen his strength and taking JuD on will be much bloodier then anything Pakistan has ever seen before and i feel sooner or later we will have to do it.

Don't feed the snake in your backyard. You never know when it will attack you. Wise saying but you choose to ignore. He feeds off from hate propaganda.

House arrest will not last longer if he contest in the courts. Better to find the evidence and arrest him.

Just another lollywood drama to stave off US sanctions.. The US ban on Pakistan will come eventually.

Back
Top Bottom