What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Y8 AWACs Aircrafts new pic at the centre of aircraft testing in yanliang

11011414152bad3a83964f598f.jpg

11011416028beafeef7f0fd503jpgthumb.jpg

link;

http://fanyi.youdao.com/WebpageTran...bs/htm_data/27/1101/305418.html&type=ZH_CN2EN

Last edited:
doesn't the platform look ugly specially the vertical stabilizer part

its an AWACS sir we dont need to make it beautiful but we need to use it for aesa platform which can detect 450 rang any flying object .

Y8 AWACs Aircrafts new pic at the centre of aircraft testing in yanliang

27_145194_11c5e39138ac5b7.jpg

link;

????: http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/htm_data/27/1101/305418.html

Point to be noted here,
The aircraft is same old prototype 10518 but the radar is similar to KJ-2000's.
kj2000_2.jpg

see the triangular design on the radar of Y-8 is same as KJ-2000 radar.remember half January has been over and there is no sign of ZDK-03 induction into PAF. they would be testing new radar for ZDK-03 because the radar they had on ZDK-03 was same like this one
67024289-zdk.jpg

it was also reported to have AEW radar Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force.
i am sure that they delayed ZDK-03 induction for something fishy, the answer is up there.

look here the similar radar of ZDK-03 and y-8
Older+version+of+zdk-03Karakoram+Eagle+&

PAF%20ZDK-03%20AWACS%20aircraft.jpg

Last edited:
Point to be noted here,
The aircraft is same old prototype 10518 but the radar is similar to KJ-2000's.
kj2000_2.jpg

see the triangular design on the radar of Y-8 is same as KJ-2000 radar.remember half January has been over and there is no sign of ZDK-03 induction into PAF. they would be testing new radar for ZDK-03 because the radar they had on ZDK-03 was same like this one
67024289-zdk.jpg

it was also reported to have AEW radar Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force.
i am sure that they delayed ZDK-03 induction for something fishy, the answer is up there.

look here the similar radar of ZDK-03 and y-8
Older+version+of+zdk-03Karakoram+Eagle+%25283%2529.jpg

PAF%20ZDK-03%20AWACS%20aircraft.jpg

also look at the aircraft number which is used in above pics to test the radar that has some rectangular forming on the radome and then look at the aircraft number which have same radome as of Kj-2000 both have same number that is "T0518"
here is the pic

also look at the aircraft number which is used in above pics to test the radar that has some rectangular forming on the radome and then look at the aircraft number which have same radome as of Kj-2000 both have same number that is "T0518"
here is the pic

the same thing i am trying to point out here,
this prototype T0518 is the same bird that came Pakistan for evaluation and used as a testing aircraft for PAF AWACs development.
So, as our ZDK-03 is still there and delivery schedule yet not confirmed, this could be a new development for our AWACs.

this prototype T0518 is the same bird that came Pakistan for evaluation and used as a testing aircraft for PAF AWACs development.
So, as our ZDK-03 is still there and delivery schedule yet not confirmed, this could be a new development for our AWACs.

But i wonder if it was the case then why PAF didn't go with this radar in the first place why only now.

May be this aircraft is a testbed platform for all Chinese AWAC system so may be China is testing some new system for PLAAF or PLAAN or testing existing kj-2000 system on different platform then il-76 (breiev)

The variant Pakistan Air Force is getting is Sleeker if you notice in the picture, its a standard platform, we require standard not a queen.

Is there any active program Y-8/ZDK-03 based Maritime Surveillance and Anti Submarine Warfare. Could become a good platform for Navy.

looking at the latest pic

and comparing it with the KKE pic, I dont think that we will have KKE with TR modules over it
zdk03Karakoram+Eagle.jpg

but why it has not been inducted is that because of the yellow scheme, indicating a test platform. Development makes sense as i posted the interview of AWACS expert of China indicating that in future, China will have a whole family of Airborn radars (now they have KJ-2000,KJ-200,ZDK-03 etc) so the delay does not necessarily means that PAF has changed its plans cus if it would have, then we would not have seen the role out ceremoney

Last edited:
looking at the latest pic

and comparing it with the KKE pic, I dont think that we will have KKE with TR modules over it
zdk03Karakoram+Eagle.jpg

but why it has not been inducted is that because of the yellow scheme, indicating a test platform. Development makes sense as i posted the interview of AWACS expert of China indicating that in future, China will have a whole family of Airborn radars (now they have KJ-2000,KJ-200,ZDK-03 etc) so the delay does not necessarily means that PAF has changed its plans cus if it would have, then we would not have seen the role out ceremoney

Yellow scheme does not means its a test platform, it means it just rolled out of the production line and after formal testing or initial testing the color scheme of the user will be put.

The platform will take another few months before finally coming to Pakistan as it needs to be tested, flown and all its functions tested out fully till its 100% fit for induction. This is the patron followed.

Remember how the Erieye spent months in the manufacturing country before it finally came to Pakistan.

Not a new development for our AWAC program. Had Pakistan wanted or the Chinese wanted to provide AESA based platform to Pakistan, we would have gone with it, but we choose the other option, an ESA radar platform but not AESA.

This T0518 is a testing platform, meaning it first tested one set of radar set on it, once that was finalized and a production model made which we saw with the Air Chief Marshal pic in it, this testing platform had done its job and now it seems to have been fitted with a triangular placed AESA radar for testing and evaluation.

My hunch is its for the Chinese Air force as they had not inducted in numbers the linear shaped KJ-200 in numbers as it has certain deficiency with no 360 coverage, and their KJ-2000 platform is facing a problem due to non availability of IL-76/78 platforms from Russia, thus CAF may have now opted to get a 360 coverage capability by having a triangular placed AESA radar fitted to their own made Y-8 platforms, and this T0518 is the testing platform for this new concept to be tested out.

Our model has been made and most probably now in testing stage and improvements or modifications would be done based on the testing done on this PAF version of the AWAC.

Back
Top Bottom