What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

It has the rotating dome.

Yes, the blind spots suggest the dome must rotate. However, the A100's dome rotates damn fast, takes 5 seconds to complete a rotation. The original zdk-03 took around 8 seconds to rotate whereas Sentry takes 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Yes, the blind spots means the dome must be rotating. However, the A100's dome rotates damn fast, takes 5 seconds to complete a rotation. The original zdk-03 took around 8 seconds to rotate whereas Sentry takes 10 seconds.
You can consider KJ-500 or KJ-2000, if you can afford it.

:-)

150407jw8cstqx273st77t.jpg

Radar has been changed to AESA, detection range is 40% higher than PESA

:D
Do you worry it is another "debt trap"?

Oh absolutely, IMF is my sincere friend you know. ;)

150407jw8cstqx273st77t.jpg

Radar has been changed to AESA, detection range is 40% higher than PESA

As expected, second generation T/R modules. Expected search range should be around 650km if the 40% figure is correct.

That's a huge improvement, as the original radar could see as far as 480km.

For reference, erieye has 450km for search, 350km for fighter size target. Phalcon could also search for target up to 450km.

Oh absolutely, IMF is my sincere friend you know. ;)

As expected, second generation T/R modules. Expected search range should be around 650km if the 40% figure is correct.

That's a huge improvement, as the original radar could see as far as 480km.

For reference, erieye has 450km for search, 350km for fighter size target. Phalcon could also search for target up to 450km.

What is the performance against ground/sea targets?

If satellites could detect and transmit real time tracking of ballistic missiles, it would be a game changer.

What is the performance against ground/sea targets?

If satellites could detect and transmit real time tracking of ballistic missiles, it would be a game changer.

ZDK-03s had better performance over the sea hence stationing them near the coast made sense. I see one regularly patrolling in Karachi. The upgraded radar should improve that. The satellite images shared clearly show a dome before the radar dish that suggests perhaps the satcom is there too.

If true, then technically, it should be able to provide realtime tracking to assets like cruise and ballistic missiles.

ZDK-03s had better performance over the sea hence stationing them near the coast made sense. I see one regularly patrolling in Karachi. The upgraded radar should improve that. The satellite images shared clearly show a dome before the radar dish that suggests perhaps the satcom is there too.

If true, then technically, it should be able to provide realtime tracking to assets like cruise and ballistic missiles.

I am talking about detecting and tracking Indian launches. As a first, basic line of defence, we could try to shoot down the incoming missile mid-flight with a plane. Remember, with SSBNs and Agni V, India can launch against us from 5000 kms.

I am talking about detecting and tracking Indian launches. As a first, basic line of defence, we could try to shoot down the incoming missile mid-flight with a plane. Remember, with SSBNs and Agni V, India can launch against us from 5000 kms.
Agni V is the land based BM not SLBM their intended SLBM is K-4 which is China intended and Agni V is also China intended, for Pakistan Agni-2 and 3 is enough for pakistan @CriticalThought
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-4_(SLBM)

Back
Top Bottom