365a22828cf7f11bc0b368cce6b29596.jpg

Attachments

• 4b8791f1d3d9de69cdb9a0e80b7064fd.jpg
    4b8791f1d3d9de69cdb9a0e80b7064fd.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1263a09e21ecdbe450f34e2d4b191777.jpg
    1263a09e21ecdbe450f34e2d4b191777.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 4
I don't know why do people get frustrated......we already going to have saab 2000 and KJ-200. These are enough.....We should acknowledge the fact that PLAAF has different requirements than PAF KJ-2000 would suit them, not necessarily us......we are good with these two.....Phalcon is an AWACS not a Raptor.....I still feel irritated for people who seem to loose faith in these two system....let me tell you one thing.....they meet our requirements.....so they are great
They maybe great in ur opinion but not in mine.:flame:

its difficult for pakisthan to get the kj 2000 because even china doesnt have IL 76 plances to place the radar so china has to develop its own plance or think of an alternative so it will take many years for pak to get a kj 2000 even if plans to buy one

lolz :lol::lol::lol: guess you should make a secret Pakpower AF :P
Do you think it's funny but not in reality you should have some reality checks seriously. Man oh man why we are fighting with each other in this time we really need to think against our enemy and doesn't have to pull each other legs like that.:cheesy:

You first mate! The source says ranges of 400 km are possible "over land" and the other 4 sources (some of them Indian) concur with this, although they don't mention "over land".
Yes, but you missed the important part again! If it is operated different to protect it self against SAM! If not (for example deeper in Indian airspace) it must be 500Km range again.
None of the sources on the phalcon say anything about what kind of target their figures are against and why should I accept your guess that "400Km should be the range where phalcon detects fighters"?
Sure the platform makes a difference, but that doesn't mean the Saab 2000 Erieye isn't good enough and needs replacing with something bigger and better.
I'm just saying that different sources are talking about different type of detection and as you said, only a few really point out detection against fighters. But if you think about the higher ceilling and the more power for the radar, there should be some advantage in range of detection or?
Btw, I didn't say Saab 2000 isn't good enough, just wanted to point out that bigger systems do offer other/more advantages.

I haven't been able to keep a track of the thread ... can someone please provide the following information.

Induction of the Chinese Y8 and SAAB2000
Refueling capability
Endurance
Anti-Jamming capability (Jamming-Resistant System)

Cheers

I haven't been able to keep a track of the thread ... can someone please provide the following information.

Induction of the Chinese Y8 and SAAB2000
Refueling capability
Endurance
Anti-Jamming capability (Jamming-Resistant System)

Cheers

The first Saab 2000 AEW & C platform will become operational with the Pakistan Air Force in late 2009, followed by three more in 2010. Ex-Air France Saab 2000s will be refurbished prior to being converted into AEW & C platforms. Also to be delivered are up to six ground receiving stations. Saab will provide an integrated logistics system (ILS) for these aircraft for a 35-year period.

Rao Qamar Suleman has said that first of Chinese airborne early warning and control aircraft is due to arrive in 2011 and the remaining three will be delivered in 2012.

The first Saab 2000 AEW & C platform will become operational with the Pakistan Air Force in late 2009, followed by three more in 2010. Ex-Air France Saab 2000s will be refurbished prior to being converted into AEW & C platforms. Also to be delivered are up to six ground receiving stations. Saab will provide an integrated logistics system (ILS) for these aircraft for a 35-year period.

Rao Qamar Suleman has said that first of Chinese airborne early warning and control aircraft is due to arrive in 2011 and the remaining three will be delivered in 2012.

i guess we are into the late 2009 now,,
as far as i personally think the deleivery may well be delayed for as long as february march 2010!
however i agree the the end of 2009 is what is claimed by officials for the deleiver time fram of the erieyes!

regards!

Bro are u saying total of four Saab2000 & another four chinese Y8 ?
I'm not really sure about this but i guess it's 2 Saab2000's and 2 Y8

Kindly provide a source

Cheers :pakistan:

^^
IIRC, the order is 4 SAAB 2000 fitted with Erieye plus one SAAB 2000 as trainer/transport. (initially it were 7 planes but later reduced). The source(s) is somewhere within this thread but you will have to search for it.

Bro are u saying total of four Saab2000 & another four chinese Y8 ?
I'm not really sure about this but i guess it's 2 Saab2000's and 2 Y8

Kindly provide a source

Cheers :pakistan:

Here you go brother

Jane's Defence Weekly

Interview: Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Pakistan Air Force Chief of the Air Staff

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent

Other elements of the PAF's force expansion include the purchase of four Erieye airborne early warning (AEW) aircraft from Sweden.

The PAF expects to receive the first of these aircraft by end of this year and the other three next year.

ACM Qamar said the PAF has also signed a contract for the purchase of four Chinese airborne early warning and control aircraft. The first of these is due to arrive in 2011 and the remaining three will be delivered in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom