What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Info from Saab's website : Saab - Products A-Z

The ERIEYE AEW&C is the world’s only operational airborne Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar in service today. The Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C utilises the latest generation ERIEYE radar, now capable of detecting small air targets, hovering helicopters, cruise missiles and small sea targets such as inflatable rubber boats, for a more complete surveillance picture.

Radar System performance:
• Active Phased Array Pulse Doppler multi-mode radar
• 450 km range and above 20 km (65,000 ft) altitude coverage
• Effective surveillance area of 500,000 sq km
• Capable of combined air and sea surveillance
• Automatic tracking of priority air targets
• Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) system

Info from Saab's website : Saab - Products A-Z

The ERIEYE AEW&C is the world’s only operational airborne Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar in service today. The Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C utilises the latest generation ERIEYE radar, now capable of detecting small air targets, hovering helicopters, cruise missiles and small sea targets such as inflatable rubber boats, for a more complete surveillance picture.

Radar System performance:
• Active Phased Array Pulse Doppler multi-mode radar
• 450 km range and above 20 km (65,000 ft) altitude coverage
• Effective surveillance area of 500,000 sq km
• Capable of combined air and sea surveillance
• Automatic tracking of priority air targets
• Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) system

ther has been a lot of talk of its comparison with indian Phalcon system, i myself have posted ther comparison and would request you to do post something about indian phalcon system. it is rumored that vthe indian phalcon is very much different form israeli planes, can you or someone else shed some light on it!

yes the specs of PHALCON is already discussed but the spec of modified system for the indians (if there is any), i dont find it here in this thread!
i would really apreciate if someone can come up with some USEFUL replay!

ragards!

Here is another S-2k erieye takeoff

another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope we get our awac's soon inshallah!

I have strong feeling that this is PAF version...

eaae78ab5480ee1c7f21b3c29033d237.jpg

e57217fa2f743d06e616b457b84a1e45.jpg

6eb7cdb1b78ca754e369fe30d23449e0.jpg

f40dd2ecf8607d74a0080ef9f77f3910.jpg

Looks great, the thing has 12 antennas, not including the ESM antennas. JF-17 data-linked to these will give those flankers something to think about.

Munir, will this and Saab 2000 be able to take off from unprepared airstrips and rough fields and so on? Could this be the main reason why PAF are going for smaller turbo-prop platforms?

I wonder if it will look just like that in one in the pic? wat are the possible body shape guys?

Last edited:
i wished it would have been the more advanced KJ2000 AWACS!!
what do you guys say??

The delivery is in the next few years. Paf wanted some alterations like cockpit ergonomy. You can see that cockpit is very modern... And they added wingtip pods like Erieye but bigger...

Whether you land this plane on rough lanes? Nopes. High wing, 4 engines, rough main gear may sugest but this plane is delicate. You do not want to damage it. You cannot afford to have it outside good guarded afe area. As far as possible from enemies. And you will need maintenance or replacement crew. Besides that those nice antenna's would get fod problems.

Whether you land this plane on rough lanes? Nopes. High wing, 4 engines, rough main gear may sugest but this plane is delicate. You do not want to damage it. You cannot afford to have it outside good guarded afe area. As far as possible from enemies. And you will need maintenance or replacement crew. Besides that those nice antenna's would get fod problems.

But it is possible in an emergency, right? Surely they would have strengthened the roof sufficiently to ensure the antenna weight would not cause a problem when landing/taking off on improvised airstrips, if not rough fields.

Back
Top Bottom