What's new

Pakistan's $100B deal with China: What does it amount to?

Infrastructure projects including those related to power and energy are highly unlikely to fail.

I hope the quote below is a misreporting.

“In terms of financing, there’s no issue [with the Chinese]. It’s like Santa Claus has come to town; you can ask for whatever you wish for. But one day it will all need to be paid back,” warns Masud.

has said that Chinese officials privately admit that they expect to lose up to 80 percent of their investment in Pakistan.

The article is pretty good and clears up a lot of rumors and accusations in propaganda by various groups.

CPEC is the equivalent of portions of the New Deal, Federal Interstate Highway Act, and transcontinental railway all rolled into one. But at the end of the day, the World Bank/IMF/Chinese financing didn't build America.

Grit did.

Ya i do our arterial roads will not be in the range of Chinese artillery fire. The Chinese wont have the higher ground to observe and shell the road.

Really? I don't think the same. Time will tell you who has the higher ground and where :D :D

Really? I don't think the same. Time will tell you who has the higher ground and where :D :D

lol :D i have no idea what you understood from the previous reply, What i do understand is you didn't get the point.

lol :D dude you have absolutely no idea of what i replied and what your replying confused soul go celebrate. you are totally not getting the point.

:D I have told you I am not interested in understanding what you said before. The discussion is over, your troops are going to withdraw or have withdrawn. The discussion is dead.

There is no free lunch and there are no friends and enemies all that matters is national interest. I hope people realize that.

You are right to say that there are no free lunches. But it is never only about the money. Unlike India, which only measures everything in terms of money, and it has even defrauded its vassal state Bhutan, CPEC has much larger benefits for both countries which make this $100 billion investment look like peanuts. So we thank you for your concern, but we know who our friends are, and we know who is our enemy.

Countries all over the world welcome investment in their countries by other countries they consider friends or allies but all I see from the Indians when someone invests in Pakistan is complete hatred and their attitude that we are at loss by the investment why does it concern India so much if the neighbouring countries get investment or infustrucure for that matter.. you worry about your own house don't tell us about who to trust because we sure as hell won't be trusting you

You are right to say that there are no free lunches. But it is never only about the money. Unlike India, which only measures everything in terms of money, and it has even defrauded its vassal state Bhutan, CPEC has much larger benefits for both countries which make this $100 billion investment look like peanuts. So we thank you for your concern, but we know who our friends are, and we know who is our enemy.
Beautiful response. It's funny how all of a sudden these Indians are so concerned about Pakistan's well being. :lol:

:pakistan::china:
There is a Hadith which say something about traveling to China to get yourself education, but we took to long to get the realization of the lesson thought to us by the Prophet (PBUH).
lmao...
That literally didnt mean it.... it was an example .... encouraging muslims to get education.....

The other day the US President went full-blown mad over spending few billion$ for Pak, interestingly related to transit, and here's China - again transit!!!! When one door closes, a few more opens up....
Brother this is due to bastard Zardari that we are not getting tax on Nato transits and if Pakistani tax applied on them we can get alone 50B dollar minimum from it. This bastard give fee entry to US after Musharraf, who give US discount. It is right time to put heavy tax on NATO supplies

Back
Top Bottom