What's new

Pakistanis transferred more Than 2 billion $ to Malaysia in eight years

aks18

Reaction score
KARACHI: Khalid Abdul Razzaq, Consul General for Malaysia in Karachi, disclosed in a media briefing on Wednesday that in the past eight years, Pakistanis have transferred capital of Rs180 billion to Malaysia under the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme.
Giving details, the consul general said that in 2002 Malaysia had introduced Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H), a programme which allowed a person below 50 years of age to live in that country for a period of ten years and enjoy all facilities, provided that he transfers at least $300,000 in his bank account to Malaysia. This programme got a tremendous response and Pakistan emerged as one of the ten top countries that benefited from the scheme. He added that so far 700 Pakistanis, most of them from Karachi, have become part of this programme.
Converted to Pakistani currency it transpired that capital of more than Rs180 billion has been shifted from Pakistan to Malaysia.
This brings out another fact that Pakistanis, especially Karachiites, suffer from a sense of insecurity and they want to keep another option open for themselves.
This correspondent is of the view that Khalid Abdul Razzaq did not give the figures to give a negative impression about Pakistanis. He was of the view that Pakistanis preferred to live in a Muslim country rather than in a western country.
The consul general said that Pakistan should exploit its immensely lucrative tourism potential and earn precious foreign exchange. He further said that Malaysia earned $14.5 billion from tourism alone. The consul general, who is proceeding to Jeddah after completing his tenure in Pakistan, expressed sentiments of love and affection for Pakistan.

Pakistanis transferred Rs180 bn to Malaysia in eight years

its just malaysia where just 700 people transferred more than 2 billion dollars what about of people in uae , oman, kuwait , KSA , Uk, USA .. year back i read sum where pakistanis were the 2nd biggest investor in real estate of Dubai UAE after india with billions of dollars .. what the hell is going on other countries are using money of our people and developing and here our government is busy in making money and looting pakistan :hitwall:

The consul general said that Pakistan should exploit its immensely lucrative tourism potential and earn precious foreign exchange. He further said that Malaysia earned $14.5 billion from tourism alone. The consul general, who is proceeding to Jeddah after completing his tenure in Pakistan, expressed sentiments of love and affection for Pakistan.

Pakistan does have a great potential for tourism BUT until the security situation improves greatly, we aren't going to get any tourism.

Pakistan does have a great potential for tourism BUT until the security situation improves greatly, we aren't going to get any tourism.

main thing i want to discuss is how fast capital from pakistan is going abroad government is doing nothing :mad:

main thing i want to discuss is how fast capital from pakistan is going abroad government is doing nothing :mad:

I was just commenting on what was said in the article. And well obviously the government does not care about Pakistan, if it did we wouldn't be in this situation...

why dont they just get the hell out of my country, with whatever they have... we dont need anyone who is not sincere with Pakistan, we dont need anyone who doesnot have his assets in Pakistan, we dont need anyone whose interests are not in Pakistan, and we definitely dont need their opinions/advice/tears for PAKistan...:angry:

Can you apply the same logic to the overseas pakistanis who remit billions of dollars to pakistan?...

why dont they just get the hell out of my country, with whatever they have... we dont need anyone who is not sincere with Pakistan, we dont need anyone who doesnot have his assets in Pakistan, we dont need anyone whose interests are not in Pakistan, and we definitely dont need their opinions/advice/tears for PAKistan...:angry:

Can you apply the same logic to the overseas pakistanis who remit billions of dollars to pakistan?...

he is talking about people living in pakistan shifting money from pakistan to other countries .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom