What's new

Pakistanis the worst drivers in UAE

ju87

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistanis are the most dangerous drivers in Dubai, police data shows

Dubai: Pakistanis remained the most dangerous drivers in Dubai for the second consecutive year, while most number of people killed in traffic accidents were Indians, say Dubai Police statistics.

However, Gulf News readers in a poll said Emiratis are the most dangerous drivers.

According to statistics released by Dubai Police, Pakistani drivers were involved in the maximum number of fatal accidents as they were held responsible for causing 95 deaths on Dubai roads in 2008 compared to 83 in 2007.

This was followed by Indians, who caused 63 fatal accidents last year compared to 81 in 2007. Emirati drivers were third, as they committed 42 fatal accidents last year, compared to 57 in 2007.

The number of people killed in road accidents has reduced to 294 last year compared to 332 in 2007.

Some 34 per cent of Gulf News readers responding to a poll question say Emiratis are the most dangerous drivers, 24 per cent say 'nationality does not matter', 17 per cent say Pakistani are most dangerous drivers, 10 per cent say 'Egyptian', nine per cent say 'Indians and one per cent says Omanis are the most dangerous drivers while four per cent say 'all of them'.

Police statistics revealed that Indian expatriates topped the list of people killed in road accidents for the second consecutive year. Some 107 Indians were killed last year compared to 128 in 2007 followed by 56 Pakistanis killed last year compared to 57 in 2007.

Emiratis with 39 deaths in 2007 and 30 in 2008 were in the third position, statistics showed.

A senior traffic police official gave a reason behind Pakistanis being the most dangerous drivers.

"Most of the drivers for buses, trucks, tankers and other commercial vehicles are Pakistani and they are the one involved in most number of fatal accidents."

He added that Indians are involved in most accidents because they are the single-largest nationality in Dubai and consequently hold the most driving licences.

I can attest to this fact from all the "Pathan" taxis I've been in. What the hell... they were only Dh 5 then :D

actually they wanted to be fighter pilot but rejected by PAF so for consolation, they started driving taxis with illusion in mind of being fighter pilot.:rofl::rofl::rofl::partay::D

:cheers:

Dude the worst drivers are Indian Malbaris.

And of course Arabs.

Indian Malbari drives his corolla like he has to take it to his bed that night. They are so confused and once you honk at them they get nervous and do even more weirder things. Lol so much so, on Dubai roads there's a term for lame drivers called "Malbari driver" no matter who they are.

I don't know about fatalities, we usually only hear about Arabs dying due to overspeeding. I think I get the most fines in UAE. A good portion of my salary goes to paying up for fines. Not for bad driving... But Parking fines. There's no parking in Dubai so we have to adjust and fit our cars here n there and then comes the fines.

sir,
A very stupid comment to make! there are good and bad sides in every race and region. Don't even give a cent of a value to such mindless and meaningless comments!
thankyou

Asim fear not!! the metro is soon going to be operational...
10 bucks for a one way trip. The thing even after you get off the metro, you still need to walk quite a bit...

We have some very cold and hot days. I don't know how successful it will be given the cost incentives aren't there so much.

10 bucks for a one way trip. The thing even after you get off the metro, you still need to walk quite a bit...

oh didn't know about the pricing.....Dubai has become ridiculously expensive..
I reckon recession will force the Dubai govt to offer concessions and
incentives, already property prices have crashed, many Indians are fleeing Dubai tooo from what I heard ...

OTOH Metro has the potential to be quite useful for the tourists !!

Pakistanis remained the most dangerous drivers in Dubai for the second consecutive year, while most number of people killed in traffic accidents were Indians, say Dubai Police statistics.

Did you meant Pakistanis are Killing the Indians ?

However, Gulf News readers in a poll said Emiratis are the most dangerous drivers.

There are Two conflicting Reports.

I live in Bahrain and i Know how Saudi and Emirati People Drive, If anyone in Bahrain will see a Non-Bahraini (Especially Saudi and Emirati) Number Plate he will try to stay away from him to Avoid accident.

Some 34 per cent of Gulf News readers responding to a poll question say Emiratis are the most dangerous drivers, 24 per cent say 'nationality does not matter', 17 per cent say Pakistani are most dangerous drivers, 10 per cent say 'Egyptian', nine per cent say 'Indians and one per cent says Omanis are the most dangerous drivers while four per cent say 'all of them'.

Just look at the stats again and Please change the Name of this thread to "Dangerous Drivers of UAE". . Don't Blame the Pakistanis only.

34 % for Emirati
24 % Nationality doesn't matter
17 % for Pakistani
9 % for Indians

The above stats show that Pakistani are not that Feared in UAE but Emiratis are more Dangerous on Road. So Please Mods change the Name of the Thread.

There are Two conflicting Reports.

I live in Bahrain and i Know how Saudi and Emirati People Drive, If anyone in Bahrain will see a Non-Bahraini (Especially Saudi and Emirati) Number Plate he will try to stay away from him to Avoid accident.
From the report it seems Pakistanis have been involved with the most traffic related fatalities which could mean anything than just being dangerous themselves.

Classic case of twisting statistics.

Emiratis are dangerous drivers, but Malbaris just don't have the driving genes in them. Driving seems to be quite alien to them.

From the report it seems Pakistanis have been involved with the most traffic related fatalities which could mean anything than just being dangerous themselves.

Classic case of twisting statistics.

Emiratis are dangerous drivers, but Malbaris just don't have the driving genes in them. Driving seems to be quite alien to them.

Whoa guys, I was just quoting the news as it was reported in Gulf News. No twisting done by me.

While it is true that the perception is that Arabs can't drive (heck Arabs can't do anything), the statistics show that Pakistanis have caused the most number of fatal accidents.

I dunno why you think Malbaris can't drive. They seemed to drive fine for the 10 years I lived there. But don't get me started on the Pathan taxi drivers...

We have some very cold and hot days. I don't know how successful it will be given the cost incentives aren't there so much.

Holy hippos! 10 Dhs?! I was hoping to go back to Dubai and not have to drive! So much for that.

Back
Top Bottom