What's new

Pakistanies paid for Indian hostages as well !

Pakistan/Pakistanis are not that bad as portrayed by westren and our own media. Rather Pakistanis are peace loving people.

India rising is just a propaganda
even from country who population is more than 1 billion can give a single paisa for their own peoples
shameful on Indian billionaires

India rising is just a propaganda
even from country who population is more than 1 billion can give a single paisa for their own peoples
shameful on Indian billionaires

There were many instances when somalian pirates has captured Indians abroad merchant and sailor ships.
Who you think have paid for them? Ugandaa??????:what:

Mr. Spark, according to information at hand all commercial ships are insured against various calamites possibly also piracy.

As such it is the "Insurer" who ends up paying for the acts and effects of Piracy whether it is damage to the ship or its workers. In such a case Mr. Burney greatly facilitated the final freedom of the workers on the ship.

May be you are able to find out more about this aspect.

finally the boys are back, the foreigners are handed over to their respective Embassies...

can one of the mods please correct the title:

''PAKISTANIS'' not 'Pakistanies''

common now, what is this

Pakistan Welcomes Hostages Freed by Somali Pirates​

happy-captain-ap.jpg-300.jpg

KARACHI: Pakistan on Thursday gave an emotional welcome to a group of Egyptian and South Asian crew held hostage for 10 months by Somali pirates who released them after payment of $2.1 million ransom.

Pakistan helped Egypt to secure the release of the Egyptian-registered boat Suez, which docked in Oman last week after the ordeal which began in August 2010.

“Our navy ship PNS Zulfiqar has reached Karachi port along with the 22 crew members of the Egyptian boat,” said Pakistan navy spokesman Mohammad Kamran.

“We are welcoming them warmly and will keep the foreigners as our guests,” he said. The hostages received a heroes’ welcome in Karachi, Pakistan’s biggest city, amid tears and joy, with relatives of the four Pakistanis welcoming them home after their ordeal. The other crew include 11 Egyptians, six Indians and a Sri Lankan.

“We had lost all hope. It is certainly a second life for us,” Egyptian sailor Kamal Ahmed Kamal, 45, told reporters in the southern port city.

“We spent the last 10 months in a hell. The pirates trapped us in Somalia in August last year and since then they would keep us like animals,” said Syed Alam a Pakistani officer on the boat.

“They would keep us chained on the boat, give us rubbish food and beat us every now and then,” he added.

Ravindra Singh, from the Indian state of Haryana, was thrilled to be free after the long ordeal.

“I can’t believe I am out of Somalia. I don’t believe I am going to join my loving wife, who for all those months ran pillar to post to get me freed,” he said.

Laila Wasi, 11, daughter of the Pakistani captain Wasi Hasan, burst into tears when she met her father.

“I am proud to be the daughter of a brave man. He showed immense courage to live in the difficult circumstances and in the end he made it possible to remain alive and also ensure his crew’s safety,” she told reporters.

Pakistani officials said they paid $2.1 million to secure the release of the hostages.

“We utilised all means including our armed forces to ensure that all the victims, our Indian, Egyptian and Sri Lankan brothers, reach home safely,” Ishratul Ibad Khan, governor of Sindh province, of which Karachi is the
capital, told reporters.

“We required some money to accomplish our goal to free the victims, for which our business community and people help us overwhelmingly,” he added.

“We have handed the foreign crew members to the diplomatic missions of their respective countries,” Khan said.

Piracy has surged in recent years off Somalia, a lawless, war-torn country that sits alongside one of the world’s most important shipping routes.

Pakistan welcomes hostages freed by Somali pirates | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

mv-suez-crew-afp.jpg-543.jpg

finally the boys are back, the foreigners are handed over to their respective Embassies...

:) it was nice to see them joining their families.

The Indians, Sri Lankan will reach their countries tomorrow from Pakistan.

Glad to know everyone arrived safely!

Hats off to everyone who contributed to releases of the hostages :pakistan:

not even a small mention of it in western media, which is too busy focusing on ''other things''

typical!!! :lol:

Well, that would be asking for too much I think!!! ;)

i'm glad though that they will all make it home to their families.....more power to those who worked day and night to secure their release, and a good work by the Pakistani Navy which took the action.

again itd proved Pakistani Indian public is not hostile as much as media and politicians show.i watch the interview of an Indian hostage wifes interview on tv and think this .

FOR PAKISTANI MEMBERS

DON'T SAY WE RELEASE THEM INDIAN GOV CAN NOT AND DON'T BLAME INDIA AND INDIAN GOV

ehsaam kek ke jatana kam zarfoon wali baat hoti hai

I got tears in my eyes when i saw that the father(capt wasi) hugged his daughter. As all of them almost lost their hopes to see each others. Well done Pakistanis. Well done ansar barni, well done governor sindh.

Back
Top Bottom