What's new

Pakistani TV shows US ads condemning anti-Islam film

Do you think if the ads were run three days ago Pakistan would have been spared the deadly demonstrations of today?

The ads would have been just as ineffectual three days ago, or later, such is the atmosphere right now.

there is problem....US say that US Adm has not link with this bad movies.....we are say yes but the film maker is US citizen...can US allow his citizen to produce a film on hollicous

That is the problem. On one side they admit its wrong to insult and provoke others and on other side they think its right of individual to do this wrong act in the name of freedom of speech. Its like saying killing is wrong but let person have right to kill others

there is problem....US say that US Adm has not link with this bad movies.....we are say yes but the film maker is US citizen...can US allow his citizen to produce a film on hollicous

Well, as an example, this film pokes a lot of critcism on the Jewish and Christian religious practices, and was shown in theaters all over the country quite recently:

Religulous (2008) - IMDb

Have you seen the movie? If so, you will see that I am being kind describing it as mere criticism.

No, i have not seen this movie thats why i cannot comment on it. I can take criticism on my Islamic practices or beliefs but to criticise a religion is different than insulting and making fun of a Prophet.

These cartoons, the recent movie are not about insulting Muslims or Islam. This is about insulting the Muslim Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and worse producing caricatures of him which is sensitive issue for muslims

Beyond the core issue here I think bigger picture is getting lost. By broadcasting this video Pakistani media and authority are setting some precedence –

1) Is the door for US govt to directly address Pakistani people opened?

2) If so, how Pakistani people or whoever cares will see relevance of Pakistani political and govt institutions in addressing people concern?

3) What would be relevance/impact on Pakistani institutions in maintaining foreign relation with US?

Another question Pakistanis may find relevant to ask,

3) Would US media allow Pakistan to buy airtime and deliver its message?

No, i have not seen this movie thats why i cannot comment on it. I can take criticism on my Islamic practices or beliefs but to criticise a religion is different than insulting and making fun of a Prophet.

These cartoons, the recent movie are not about insulting Muslims or Islam. This is about insulting the Muslim Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and worse producing caricatures of him which is sensitive issue for muslims

Yes, and I am sure you will agree that sensitive issues are better dealt with a delicate touch rather than public mayhem and disorder.

(BTW, see Religulous if you get a chance.)

Well, as an example, this film pokes a lot of critcism on the Jewish and Christian religious practices, and was shown in theaters all over the country quite recently:

Religulous (2008) - IMDb

v cheng i do not know your religion but i only say that a muslim can not complete muslim until he belives all prophets and Massengers of ALLAH....we do not care what christian and Jewish are doing with their religious practices...plz respect others religion so respect your religion

Religulous (2008) - IMDb

v cheng i do not know your religion but i only say that a muslim can not complete muslim until he belives all prophets and Massengers of ALLAH....we do not care what christian and Jewish are doing with their religious practices...plz respect others religion so respect your religion

v cheng i do not know your religion but i only say that a muslim can not complete muslim until he belives all prophets and Massengers of ALLAH....we do not care what christian and Jewish are doing with their religious practices...plz respect others religion so respect your religion.................

"Do not care" is very different that "treat equally". That, Sir, is a two-way street, like you say.

Back
Top Bottom