What's new

Pakistani Taliban 'chopped off the heads' of 7 Pakistani soldiers in South

You don't ever hear of US soldiers being beheaded by the Taliban....................

1) The US is willing to pay ransom for each and every American soldier who falls into the hands of the Taliban. The US does not make any distinction between Officer-class and Enlisted Soldiers. So all American captives are treated as "valuable property" by the Taliban.

2) On the other hand, our Army has refused to pay ransom for ordinary enlisted men. It only pays ransom for return of captured Officer-Class (graduates of the Military Academies) prisoners. So the Taliban spare the Officers and hold them for ransom. But the ordinary soldiers (enlisted recruits) are worthless and so the Taliban just kills them.

All this beheading can stop (or reduce significantly) if our Army were willing to pay ransom for ordinary foot soldiers as it is now pays for captured Officers.

I'm not sure why Indians are jumping up and down..

Both Pakistan and India see the Taliban as a threat..

1) The US is willing to pay ransom for each and every American soldier who falls into the hands of the Taliban. The US does not make any distinction between Officer-class and Enlisted Soldiers. So all American captives are treated as "valuable property" by the Taliban.

2) On the other hand, our Army has refused to pay ransom for ordinary enlisted men. It only pays ransom for return of captured Officer-Class (graduates of the Military Academies) prisoners. So the Taliban spare the Officers and hold them for ransom. But the ordinary soldiers (enlisted recruits) are worthless and so the Taliban just kills them.

All this beheading can stop (or reduce significantly) if our Army were willing to pay ransom for ordinary foot soldiers as it is now pays for captured Officers.

I disagree with all due respect. They (TTP) rarely ask for ransom, they mostly demand the release of their captured comrades. I have still to come across a case where our soldiers were martyred because ransom wasn't paid to TTP. And, FYI, for TTP, Officer rank soldiers are more valuable in the sense that when they martyr (Behead) them and record a video of that, that serves their psy-op even more.

Please try to understand the mentality of this terrorist movement, Afghan Taliban demand ransom, TTP mostly wants to kill our soldiers as soon as they are caught.

I disagree with all due respect. They (TTP) rarely ask for ransom, they mostly demand the release of their captured comrades. I have still to come across a case where our soldiers were martyred because ransom wasn't paid to TTP. And, FYI, for TTP, Officer rank soldiers are more valuable in the sense that when they martyr (Behead) them and record a video of that, that serves their psy-op even more.

Please try to understand the mentality of this terrorist movement, Afghan Taliban demand ransom, TTP mostly wants to kill our soldiers as soon as they are caught.

I did not know that there were two separate Taliban organizations. I thought that Hakimullah's people and Mullah Omar's people were just different factions of the same madrasa-student organization fighting to build an Islamic Emirate in Afghanistan and Pakistan so as to bring in Nizam-i-Shariat-i-Muhammadi in the whole of AfPak.

So are you saying that the Afghan Taliban (Mullah Omar) want to impose Nizam-i-Mustafa in Afghanistan only?

Why don't they want to impose it in Pakistan just like they want to in Afghanistan? Why are the Afghan Taliban okay with continuation of our "Angrezo ka Kufri Qanoon" in Pakistan? Or have they outsourced the imposition of Shariah in Pakistan to the Pakistani Taliban (Hakimullah)? Do the Afghan & Pakistani Taliban have any connection whatsoever with each other? Are they friends, neutrals, or mutual enemies? What has Mullah Omar said about this issue? Would Mullah Omar have Hakimullah beheaded if he could?

I find all this very confusing.

Who is doing what to whom and why?

The answers do not seem to be coming in any unambiguous way.

Back
Top Bottom