What's new

Pakistani Taliban accepts responsibility for Peshawar attack.

Necromancer

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Cyclist suicide bomber kills 11

Meanwhile, a Taliban suicide bomber on a bicycle attacked the convoy of a paramilitary police commander in northwestern Pakistan, killing 11 people, including a four month-old infant, police said.

The attack on the paramilitary police commander's convoy in northwestern Pakistan occurred in the city of Peshawar. The apparent target, Abdul Majeed Marwat, who heads the Frontier Constabulary, was not hurt, said police official Dost Mohammed Khan.

The 11 dead included five members of the security forces and six civilians, said Khan. The civilians included two women, a young girl and a four month-old infant. Another 22 people were wounded, said Khan.

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.The group's spokesman, Ahsanullah Ahsan, said that they carried out the bombing because the paramilitary police "are part of a system we don't recognize, and second, they are operating against us."

Peshawar is located on the border with Pakistan's semiautonomous tribal region, the main sanctuary for Taliban militants in the country. The Pakistani Taliban have carried out many bombings in the city and other parts of the country targeting both security forces and civilians.

There is concern that the militants could step up the pace of attacks ahead of the upcoming parliamentary elections.

© The Associated Press, 2013
Associated Press writers Riaz Khan and Rasool Dawar in Peshawar, Pakistan, and Munir Ahmed in Islamabad contributed to this report.

Source:CBC News,Huffington Post.

The terrorists killed a baby.:hitwall:

cant see no link..

interesting name my friend..
Huffington Post is America's top newspaper & same news has also been reported by Reuters,VOA,Dawn etc.
There is something called google and i can't post links as my post count is less than 30.

Huffington Post is America's top newspaper & same news has also been reported by Reuters,VOA,Dawn etc.
There is something called google and i can't post links as my post count is less than 30.

oh,i was talkin about ur user name:azn:

no offence intended mate

https://www.facebook.com/pervezmusharraf?ref=stream

I strongly condemn the terrorist attack targeting a security check post in Peshawar. Such attacks should not weaken the resolve of our armed forces and paramilitary troops to crush terrorism and extremism. PM

Political leaders are quite as ever, they are only interested in tax collection... if people of Pakistan refuse to pay extortion in the name of taxes.. you will not find Imran Khan, Zardari & Sharif interested in politics.

:no:

It is not America's "top" newspaper. In fact it is not a newspaper at all, its a blog and a news aggregating website. It panders to a certain section of the "loony left". It is not considered part of the mainstream media.

Anyway this particular news is true, I'm not questioning that.

Also, I think he may have been referring to YOUR forum name.

Back
Top Bottom