What's new

Pakistani software outfit Pepper.pk breaks into Global Top 5 Blackberry Apps!

CommentsPost comment2 Comments |
Blackberry and Pakistan
By: sn | Friday , 24 Dec '10 1:53:33 AMReply | Forward
so now we have to ban black berry, may be some thing is inside, usefull to pak treeorests.

Wonder if its Chinese
By: Harish Shenoy | Thursday , 23 Dec '10 18:39:01 PMReply | Forward
pepper.pk probably got it stolen from some other country. Pakis cannot produce a cd to write data on forget an entire software

Indianexpress.com : comments : Top Blackberry app made in Pakistan

Yeah, like 95% of any news articles i read about Pakistan have indians spewing their jealousy and hatred .. same old crap everywhere. :agree:

This news is being carried in much of the Indian press. Here commenters at Indian Express show what they're best at:

Top Blackberry app made in Pakistan

Islamabad: A Blackberry application from a Pakistani company has made it as a top seller across the world. Till recently, Lahore-based pepper.pk's photo editor application for Blackberry devices was among the top five selling applications on RIM's App World. Earlier this week, it was voted the best. The n ....Read more

Blackberry and Pakistan
so now we have to ban black berry, may be some thing is inside, usefull to pak treeorests.

Wonder if its Chinese
pepper.pk probably got it stolen from some other country. Pakis cannot produce a cd to write data on forget an entire software

Believe me after reading such comments of Bhartis,I thank GOD million times that I am not an average Indian internet parrot who doesn't have sense about how to give credit to others (on their positive achievement) even if their hackers Humiliated your cyber space :lol: :lol:

Pakistan and Pakistanis Zindabad :pakistan:

The really upsetting thing is that I actually wrote a very conciliatory note which the IndianExpress refused to publish (they have a moderated comments area). Just imagine. This is a major newspaper which is approving hate filled comments like the ones I have produced above, and is refusing to publish very friendly commentary from the other side.

Contrast this with the Tribune, which seems to give equal space to Indian and Pakistani opinions even in their comments area (which is also moderated)!

Not to go too far off topic, but here's another very sad fact. I learned that the company had to take India off their list of approved AppWorld geographies since review spamming was going on, i.e. fake negative reviews were being posted over and over which didn't correspond with the hundreds of ratings/reviews received from all other parts of the world.

Very sad. This is the level to which some people reduce themselves.

The really upsetting thing is that I actually wrote a very conciliatory note which the IndianExpress refused to publish (they have a moderated comments area). Just imagine. This is a major newspaper which is approving hate filled comments like the ones I have produced above, and is refusing to publish very friendly commentary from the other side.

Contrast this with the Tribune, which seems to give equal space to Indian and Pakistani opinions even in their comments area (which is also moderated)!

Not to go too far off topic, but here's another very sad fact. I learned that the company had to take India off their list of approved AppWorld geographies since review spamming was going on, i.e. fake negative reviews were being posted over and over which didn't correspond with the hundreds of ratings/reviews received from all other parts of the world.

Tech Bhai no need to get upset, that is Indian media for you. The sad part is majority of the Indian population holds the same view, dont believe me than go through the comments of the Indian Members on this website.

I too like many others have noticed this and it was even written about by a columnist at Express Tribune, like I stated before, the Pakistani point of view is brushed aside unless its your run of the mill stereotype comment.

Very apt observation, the Tribune has since its creation, given equal opportunity to everyone in expressing their views. There has been so many instances where comments posted by Indian readers have infuriated me but the comments are just an exercise of free speech allowed by the moderators there.

Very unfortunate but expected, it is things like this which can create long lasting enmity between two groups of people.

Well we know now, lets hope none of our own stoop down to such an extent.

Why aren't more Pakistanis excited about news like this ?

We should make a big deal out of this. we should show off about it. :)

assalam alaikum

Yes u right time to thank Allah, and this team. Yes we always surprised the world so why not giving them blitz in I.T.

I just heard the interview of the spokewomen of the company very well conducted short interview.

TARIQ

Very unfortunate but expected, it is things like this which can create long lasting enmity between two groups of people.

Yes. There is a disproportinately large Pakistani presence in the ME, which also happens to be home to several of India's largest trading partners. The last thing we would want is for Pakistanis in influential positiosn there to start throwing spanners in the works like so many Indians seem to be doing to this Pakistani software company.

And you are right, by the way. These things one never forgets, because they go beyond just the rhetoric. They actually show how much virulent hate runs through some veins.

Anyway, enough about all this! Let's try and balance things out and help Pakistani entrepreneurs, companies and products whenever and however we can!

This news is being carried in much of the Indian press. Here commenters at Indian Express show what they're best at:

Top Blackberry app made in Pakistan

Islamabad: A Blackberry application from a Pakistani company has made it as a top seller across the world. Till recently, Lahore-based pepper.pk's photo editor application for Blackberry devices was among the top five selling applications on RIM's App World. Earlier this week, it was voted the best. The n ....Read more

Blackberry and Pakistan

Wonder if its Chinese

im sorry ,,but thats just uncalled for .:hitwall::hitwall:
i could post a ton of cheap comments from Pakistanis from youtube then ...???

@ topic
congrats pakistan

Last edited:

@ topic
congrats pakistan

You could, but that would only lead to further flaming and in the end you would be no better than them.

Perhaps you didn't read my post.

I am not talking about random comments on the internet. I am talking about the moderated comments section of a major Indian newspaper. Further, I am giving you examples not only of belligerence and hate being allowed by the editorial staff of the Indian Express, but also a refusal on their part to give space to a perfectly friendly comment from a Pakistani.

This is shameful.

@ topic
congrats pakistan

Thanks.

Check out this video from Samaa about Pepper.pk's Photo Editor app...

.:: SAMAA - News Videos

They claim this success has caused large international software companies to reach out to them to establish partnerships.

Good going!

Back
Top Bottom