What's new

Pakistani scholar Javed Jabbar schools Indian politician Mani Shankar on history of India

-blitzkrieg-

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A nice video i came across today where Javed Jabbar schools Mani Shankar and his herd on history of India.Not sure if this is a fairly recent video but relevant to the section.

Indus valley people and Ganga valley people were two different nations even thousands of years ago.It wasnt a breakup or 'partition' of an indian state in 1947. , it was independence of two already existing states living under Imperial rulers.
Actually even todays india is so weak in center that the states have their way in many things they are almost autonomous, so india still needs to prove a point to the world that its cohesiveness as a nation will stay intact long term and it weighs behind on rationale to exist as a country when it continues to keep popping new states to juggle local ethno-linguistic disputes, it has the lengthiest disputed borders in the world, most number of indurgencies, a population time bomb set to leave behing China by 2025 and a neo-communal wave of socia-political disorder tearing it apart.

Last edited:
A nice video i came across today where Javed Jabbar schools Mani Shankar and his herd on history of India.Not sure if this is a fairly recent video but relevant to the section.

Indus valley people and Ganga valley people were two different nations even thousands of years ago.It wasnt a breakup or 'partition' of an indian state in 1947. , it was independence of two already existing states living under Imperial rulers.
Actually even todays india is so weak in center that the states have their way in many things they are almost autnomous, so india still needs to prove a point to the world that its cohesiveness as a nation will stay intact in long term and therefore weighs behind on rationale to exist as a country..
Now why are men like this not leaders. Instead we get zardari. Nawaz sharif, mullah diesel and sheikh Rasheed. Bravo

Actually even todays india is so weak in center that the states have their way in many things they are almost autnomous, so india still needs to prove a point to the world that its cohesiveness as a nation will stay intact in long term and therefore weighs behind on rationale to exist as a country..

Beautiful answer. This is the kind of nationalism and rhetoric which Pakistanis should adopt moving forward.

It has been 70+ years, it is a little late to be questioning the right of Pakistan to exist, and that too as an Islamic state.

Indians have done well to spread this myth that we were one country. Funny enough they consider the rule of Mughals and Pukhtoons/Afghans as occupation.

Their compass and point of reference is completely different.

For us in Pakistan, we consider Afghan and Turkic empires as our own people.

@Shantanu_Left @jamahir

A well elucidated Pakistani view on our own identity.

Javed Jabbar is good but General Bakshi is a TORTURE on your brain.

As for Javed Akhtar, he's a useless socialite today. But he was the most talented dialogue and lyrics writer in a different era. He wrote the dialogues for some of my favourite movies such as Sholay, Deewar, Zanjeer, Don, etc.

"Yeh Police Station Hai, Tumhare Baap Ka Ghar Nahi"

@Shantanu_Left @jamahir

A well elucidated Pakistani view on our own identity.

Thanks for the tag. I will watch the vid in the evening because I don't have headphones at the moment.

Funny enough they consider the rule of Mughals and Pukhtoons/Afghans as occupation.

Who told you that, except for the Hindutva gangs ?

The Mughals and co. were rulers like any other, but the first three did much to make India their home.

As for Javed Akhtar, he's a useless socialite today. But he was the most talented dialogue and lyrics writer in a different era. He wrote the dialogues for some of my favourite movies such as Sholay, Deewar, Zanjeer, Don, etc.

He is good in the modern era too. The year 2000 film Refugee has one of my favorite songs :

Panchi Nadiya Pawan Ke jhonke
Koi Sarhad Na Inhe Roke

Back
Top Bottom