What's new

Pakistani rupee becomes World's best currency of 2021

No. The PKR was not the world's worst currency then, and it is certainly not the world's best currency right now.
"one of the worst", don't want to check zimbabawean or venuzvelan currency and check out their percentage increase. well, i guess we disagreeing on the definition of worst performing and best performing currencies then...

"one of the worst", don't want to check zimbabawean or venuzvelan currency and check out their percentage increase. well, i guess we disagreeing on the definition of worst performing and best performing currencies then...

I don't care much for those other countries you mention, but the PKR's value, over the long term, is going to be established by its economic output. And we can all see where that has been heading for decades.

I don't care much for those other countries you mention, but the PKR's value, over the long term, is going to be established by its economic output. And we can all see where that has been heading for decades.

what you said isn't even relevant to the contention here. Also, when I mentioned Venuzvela/Zimbabve, I meant, I don't want to check their percentage decrease in that period of time when Pakistan currency was fluctuating. That's why I wrote " one of the "worst" instead of the "worst"

Pakistani Rupee Becomes Best Performing Currency Against U.S. Dollar In 2021

Pakistani Rupee Becomes World’s Best Performing Currency Against the US Dollar

Rupee becomes world’s best currency

Pakistani Rupee surfaced as the World Best performing currency in 2021

An example from the past, about our neighbor:

Biggest rupee bear sees Asia's top performing currency hitting one-year low

So with the above examples, just looking at the plain data, percentage improvement/fluctuation one can say whether the currency is performing well or not. And yes the ranking (of performance) change time to time and are not permanent.

what you said isn't even relevant to the contention here. Also, when I mentioned Venuzvela/Zimbabve, I meant, I don't want to check their percentage decrease in that period of time when Pakistan currency was fluctuating. That's why I wrote " one of the "worst" instead of the "worst"

Pakistani Rupee Becomes Best Performing Currency Against U.S. Dollar In 2021

Pakistani Rupee Becomes World’s Best Performing Currency Against the US Dollar

Rupee becomes world’s best currency

Pakistani Rupee surfaced as the World Best performing currency in 2021

An example from the past, about our neighbor:

Biggest rupee bear sees Asia's top performing currency hitting one-year low

So with the above examples, just looking at the plain data, percentage improvement/fluctuation one can say whether the currency is performing well or not. And yes the ranking (of performance) change time to time and are not permanent.

Thank you for those links, and clarification, but, as I said above, PKR's value, over the long term, is going to be established by Pakistan's economic output, or the lack thereof relative to its consumption.

Let me just state for people to understand what the politicians who says they have attributed progress to Pakistan , and the military elites who have ruled over Pakistan has done to her.

I remember in my childhood when the Rupee was linked to the Dollar, 1 US $ was equal to just over Rs 9 and the Sterling was just over Rs 13.

Look where are we now. This is result of decades of mismanagement , stealing resources, leaving the economy in tatters, corruption etc. The rupee lost its value over the decades.

If Pakistan has continued its trend in the initial years, invest in industrial base, have good fiscal and monetary policies, things would have been completely different.

I am saddened to see that people even here on the forum are losing the real picture.
Real picture is to stop the rape of the country both by the politicians and the generals.

Not having lengthy discussions on a defence product. That is not going to change the plight of Pakistan and Pakistanis.

Those who think that they are "Authorities" to Defence matters, should ponder this much, If I have to put my heart & soul in to it and priorities on a topic or any given defence product, I can do excellent research and find out everything there is to know about it. In today's day and age it is not difficult if you have an eye for the research.

Instead all Pakistani should pay attention to what had been done to their country, whey people are suffering; look at the plights of the ordinary and poor folks in the society. For heaven sake open your eyes. If you do not act now, it would be too late, like it was too late in the case of East Pakistan.

Let me tell you one fact, take example of Zardari. If he is stopped from the loot of Sind and the fund he is stealing for last 12 years, he wouldn't think for a second to play the Sind card. He would do his best to break up Pakistan once again.

We all should think why Pakistan is lawless, directionless and clueless!!
Who are responsible for this state of affairs!!
We should all demand immediate arrest, prosecution and sentencing of all those responsible.

If people are not punished for their crimes and loot. They would rightly think they got away with it. They will continue to do it again and again. It is not a rocket science.

Stop the talk and start working towards the aim of punishing all the culprits.

I am not a PTI or IK supporter. I have no vote in Pakistan. Personally I have lots of reservations about IK.
But one thing is beyond debate, he is a honest person.

I support IK in his efforts to catch the looters and criminals and prosecute them.

This is the only way Pakistan can progress and take its rightful place among the nations.

A strong currency is good for the country, I hope finally the trend remains this way.
bhai yahan import shoro hojani hai 130 peh importers are waiting to import bs luxury items which are quiet expensive at current dollar rates.
Bruh this condition is still true, or maybe you wanted to write <=.
logic fail!

I will believe it to be strong when $1.00 = > PKR 100.

Ideally around PKR 70-80 per US Dollar.

A Playstation 5 costs $499.99 in the USA, direct conversion to PKR is PKR 76,384, ofcourse it is reselling here for much higher.. up to PKR 160,000.

So if PKR rises to at least PKR 100 = $1.00, That would still be acceptable, anything more is just a bonus.

Since ps5 consoles out, the prices of ps4s will fall. Developing nations console gamers tend to be a generation behind, unless very wealthy. People in countries like Gabon are still mainly playing on ps3s.

Ps4s graphics are still decent. The ps5 advantage seems to be mainly in having a bigger frames per second capacity. Hence a Pakistani should not feel too bad about not being able to afford ps5s.

Back
Top Bottom