What's new

Pakistani PM congratulates Modi on election victory

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
53760527ec8ab.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif telephoned Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Narendra Modi leader on Friday and congratulated him over his and his party's victory in the Indian general elections.

Official sources told Dawn.com that during the conversation, the Pakistan prime minister also greeted the Indian people over what he call the successful culmination of the polls.

This was the first-ever contact between PM Sharif and Modi, the soon-to-be Indian prime minister.

“Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif also wished that BJP’s victory would promote peace and stability to the region,” Advisor to the PM, Sartaj Aziz said.

Pakistani PM congratulates Modi on election victory - Home - DAWN.COM

No matter what But Nawaz ka dil sach main bara ha considering his internal Politics in Pakistan and how he request other parties including PTI to cool down

I predict it to be a good partnership. Mian Shareef is completely focussed on Infra Development and hes got a perfect counterpart in Modi for that case.

Just request him to not get into region of uneasiness. First develop relations, trade, trust and then any issue, including Kashmir will be solved.

Hope Democracy in Pakistan have grown certain level of sense.

Not much will change, lets hope Modi is a man of his word. I will be happy if things go either way.

I just dont do beating around the Bush. Good luck India!!

:lol:

Should have waited till he is sworn in as PM at least - what was the hurry about?
Thats not hurry Bro. Thats the gesture. Showz hes serious to carry forward his agenda which he left with Atalji. Time comes round the clock. Pakistan will experience now that how were they fooled by Congressis.

Dont know whether Pakistanis have acumen to analyse this. Hope intelluects on PDF can understand this.

No matter what But Nawaz ka dil sach main bara ha considering his internal Politics in Pakistan and how he request other parties including PTI to cool down
Nawaz was closest to India when BJP was in power, am sure things Will go in the right direction if Pakistan's COAS does not get ambitious this time as Well.

Pakistani PM is much more gracious than most Pakistani members here :)
Its just a Formal Politician to another politician thing...The members represents the real voice of the people:-)

Nawaz was closest to India when BJP was in power, am sure things Will go in the right direction if Pakistan's COAS does not get ambitious this time as Well.
If I'm not mistaken the Nuclear tests happened during Sharif and BJP's reign last time around....

That is the right thing done at the right time. The two leaders have to talk to one another and congratulating an incoming PM is the perfect opportunity to get communications started. Rajapakse of Sri Lanka has also done the same and invited Modi for a visit.

Pakistan can not quite go that far since the relations between the two countries are not cordial or even normal. But still congratulating Modi is the right thing to do.

I just hope it remains talk talk and does not come to fight fight.

A lot depends on Modi. Pakistan had already anticipated his election and suitably hedged its stance and position. Notice that there was no serious initiative followed with Congress-led GOI. We were basically waiting for the election results.

I feel sorry for MMS. He wanted to come to terms with Pakistan at some formal level, but during the last 2-3 years he hardly had any space to maneuver - BJP-led opposition was very strong.

The emergence of Modi is a tectonic shift in the relations of the two countries. Let us see how it goes....

Its just a Formal Politician to another politician thing...The members represents the real voice of the people:-)

If I'm not mistaken the Nuclear tests happened during Sharif and BJP's reign last time around....
Nuclear tests were for China.

Back
Top Bottom