What's new

Pakistani pitch invaders will be arrested - ICC

Earth

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
The ICC says it has reviewed and enhanced the security apparatus at the grounds hosting the Champions Trophy following the pitch invasion at the conclusion of the India-Pakistan match on Saturday. It also said any such acts in the future would lead to arrests and prosecution.

"A number of arrests were made and those people have been prosecuted," an ICC spokesperson told the Hindustan Times. "Any spectator who invades the pitch can expect to be arrested, prosecuted and if found guilty, fined under current South African legislation."

After the final wicket fell, Pakistani fans crossed the advertising board separating the ground from the stands to celebrate the win before the last few were tackled by security guards. South African grounds allow spectators relatively easy access to the playing area, with an advertising board typically presenting the only hurdle.

Pitch invaders will be arrested - ICC | Cricket News | ICC Champions Trophy, 2009 | Cricinfo.com

:partay: So Indians got some solace in this news after losing to Pakistan

You can request PCB to ban all matches against India because they lost the match against Pakistan in CT. See India will go all out against Pakistan even in losing a match.

Please sue the ICC board.

You can request PCB to ban all matches against India because they lost the match against Pakistan in CT. See India will go all out against Pakistan even in losing a match.

Please sue the ICC board.

bwahhhh why should we sue ICC for childish reason that we ever lost to Bharat???? lolz we are not paranoid nor we lack sportsman spirit.

game is a game someone will win someone will not

Last edited:
bwahhhh why should we sue ICC for childish reason that we ever lost to Bharat???? lolz we are not paranoid nor we lack sportsman spirit.

game is a game someone will win someone will not

So what is the solace for Indian here, ICC will take action against pitch invaders the Pitch was not prepared for only Indo pak match.

So what is the solace for Indian here, ICC will take action against pitch invaders the Pitch was not prepared for only Indo pak match.

:) and what is the purpose of posting this news ? in the first place other than having some solace just because the word "Pakistani fans" appear in it.

lolzz otherwise its ageneral practice among Indians and Pakistanis and even West Indians to rush towards the ground when their team wins.

And BTW Hindustan Times did not find better news than this ;) ?

:) and what is the purpose of posting this news ? in the first place other than having some solace just because the word "Pakistani fans" appear in it.

lolzz otherwise its ageneral practice among Indians and Pakistanis and even West Indians to rush towards the ground when their team wins.

And BTW Hindustan Times did not find better news than this ;) ?

The news was posted from Cricinfo so what? its against people who perhaps spoiled the pitch.

:) you know it very well. SO better accept that the thread was mere solac getting attempt.

anyway.

Blame ICC for making you think that way and cricinfo for publishing it.
What is for me to accept or reject.

Blame ICC for making you think that way and cricinfo for publishing it.
What is for me to accept or reject.

Chill out man; we like to overwhelm the ground when we win; kya hua agar ek do ko pakar lia to ;)

This is the 1st time i am hearing something out of this sort, why would or should i say how could they arrest some one just celebrating. It seems Pakistan does indeed have stepped up on nerves here because many were expecting Pakistan to loose and did not even qualify for latter rounds.

This is the 1st time i am hearing something out of this sort, why would or should i say how could they arrest some one just celebrating. It seems Pakistan does indeed have stepped up on nerves here because many were expecting Pakistan to loose and did not even qualify for latter rounds.

The pitch should be preserved for other scheduled matches I presume ICC was mentioning about future wherin such acts would lead to arrests and prosecution.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom