What's new

Pakistani Olympic Boxers

B-man.

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching for Pakistan's Olympic Boxing team, but can't seem to find anything. Can anyone tell me who is fighting for Pakistan, if anyone, and is Haroon Khan going to be fighting?

1) Our boxing team did not qualify for these Olympics.
2) Haroon Khan is a British National, I don't think he would have been on our team anyway.

Okay thanks and Haroon Khan is a dual national who opted to fight for Pakistan when the UK's olympic boxing coach chose someone else.

Did Haroon Khan fail to qualify or did he not fight due to the AIBA deciding that Khan could not box for Pak?

For Olympic boxing you need to qualify. None of Pakistani boxers have qualified. It is bit surprising. Even a decade ago Pakistan used to have good boxers. They performed well in Asian Games and won a Olympic Bronze too. The current generation just couldnt take on the tradition.

Why so much fascination about Haroon Khan? he is not even a shadow of his brother. He couldnt even win a medal in Asian games; how could he qualify for Olympic. Concentrate on home based boxers who can do far better if proper facilities given.

Only focusing on Haroon Khan because he is the only Pak boxer that I am familiar with because I have gone to see a couple of his boxing matches live - a friend had some free tickets and I had nothing better to do. And Khan was forced to quit from the Asian games due to an injury.

Oh well, hopefully some of the Indian boxers will win a few medals.

Edit: Although probably not Thapa after seeing that performance against mexico.

Only focusing on Haroon Khan because he is the only Pak boxer that I am familiar with because I have gone to see a couple of his boxing matches live - a friend had some free tickets and I had nothing better to do. And Khan was forced to quit from the Asian games due to an injury.

Oh well, hopefully some of the Indian boxers will win a few medals.

Edit: Although probably not Thapa after seeing that performance against mexico.

Thapa is out. Actually he was preparing for 2016 Olympic. He was sent for qualification because Akhil Kumar couldnt reduce his weight on time. And he won gold in Asian qualification round. Personally, I think he is most talented among Indian boxers but today he looked very tensed; his agressiveness was vanished and kept on stumbling. It is where experience matters. But, he is only 18; surely come back as more confident boxer next time. Look out for Mary Kom (women), Vikash Kishan, Vijendra Singh and L Devendro Singh who are main medal hopes.....

I am watching boxing it seems indian boxer is loosing

And he lost

guyzzzzzzzz
i wana be a boxer tell me
what to do.............??
am pakistani....
where do i find my coach
and how do i join pbf(pakistan boxing fedration)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom