What's new

Pakistani Hindu woman enters elections; Once a landlord's serf

She was also a bonded labor. She escaped and has helped thousands like her after that. That's the courage we need from our people, hindu or muslim. Whatever.

Surprisingly, you insist it is their responsibility, but not said a word on the role of govt, whose duty should be to prohibit the practice completely. Does it has no chance to 'grow a pair' at all?

She is a brave woman, what is her education background since graduation is needed ?

Graduation condition has been dropped. So she can participate in the elections. Only guys with the fake degrees are targeted by ECP.

You were supporting Hindus departure from Pakistan.

I was supporting departure of those hindus who can't fight for themselves and run away to India. Who are happy to live in the slums of India. I support their departure. They can go to India. I don't anyone to stop them. But guys like Veero who consider Pakistan their home and want to live here, have every right to live here.Veero has seen the worst but didn't run away. I have read somewhere that Veero also has visited India for religious pilgrimage but didn't apply for asylum but came back to fight against the feudal. This is the kind of people we want.

Surprisingly, you insist it is their responsibility, but not said a word on the role of govt, whose duty should be to prohibit the practice completely. Does it has no chance to 'grow a pair' at all?

There is no point of blaming govt. Govt is corrupt and we abuse them 24/7 for every other thing.

Quick Question to Pakistanis.

Since she is contesting does this mean the graduate condition also applies to her. I will be surprised if she is educated and that too till graduation. Does someone has info on that. There are so many poor people in South Asia. A true representation for them can only come from among them. Thats why I feel this graduate condition is very regressive and unfortunate.

Anyways good to see finally someone from such humble background contesting elections. If people like these win feudal structure will slowly go away in Pakistan.

Also I feel bringing religion into this by OP/Author is very unfortunate. I am sure there are also muslim bonded laborers. Its should be a fight for all such people irrespective of religion.

Graduate condition is not compulsory now. She can participate.

Bold bold step.
Women who threaten to go past the glass ceiling are threatened by Mullahs in Pakistan.
A women from a minority is unheard of.

Good on her.

What glass ceiling? what Mullah?
Geez, than you people just accept good news gracefully without making up nonsense?

Her standing up is good for Pakistan and a blow to LANDLORDS because they think they are gods to these people.

Get your facts right! The lady we are discussing here is contesting on a general seat, this time around PPP has issued tickets to many Hindu candidates in Sindh on general seats. You're confusing general seats with minority reserved seats & just to enhance your knowledge members on minorities seats are also elected by people of Pakistan indirectly.

@Karachiite @Icewolf @Areesh @Cheetah786

I stand corrected and was misinformed by Wiki. If separate electorate was abolished in 2002 .... have you seen any minority candidates getting elected from general seats since then.

I guess it a good start if main line parties field minority candidates. If main line parties shy away from fielding minorities then their success as independent candidates is remote.

Before I make another blunder someone can correct me if this lady without a degree can contest the election.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i couldn't PM you, so I'll leave my message here...

-------

Hi,

Perhaps you have misunderstood me or the meaning of my post.
But that doesn't matter.

I am Pakistani, an expat sure.
But I am a proud Pakistani and a Muslim.
Check my previous posts both on here and Indian defence forum before jumping to conclusions about someone you DO NOT know.

So how dare you post such an insult?

Of all the Indian trolls and other members I've been in feuds with.

I've never been so angry with any other member before.

Good day.

-------

anti Pakistani? Really?
Where did you get that from?

I'll have you know... I take offence to that.

And co-religious, I know I'm not some big shot elite member.
But you have no right, no right to say such a thing.

I have no problem with any other religion, but I am a proud muslim.

I suggest you stay within your boundaries and act civilised. :angry:

RELEX i was talkinb about most of the Indian members and i was right. many of them in this thread are not happy with her step. their replies show so.

Still makes little sense considering no-one posted anything of that sort.
it was out of the blue.

Thanks, but I want to hear it from her, I'll delete if needed and apologise for misunderstanding.

It's getting late here, until then, khuda hafiz

my post made alot of sense since when you see dozen Indians jump the thread read and find it difficult to comment because the news as NOT negative otherwise they keep on bragging about negatively when its about Pakistani Non Muslims.

All the best to her great courage she is showing GOD bless her :)

Graduation condition has been dropped. So she can participate in the elections. Only guys with the fake degrees are targeted by ECP.

Graduate condition is not compulsory now. She can participate.

There is a some confusion about this. Can you please share a source. Also doesn't make sense anymore to target those with degree isn't it. Thanks

There is a some confusion about this. Can you please share a source. Also doesn't make sense anymore to target those with degree isn't it. Thanks

There is NO confusion.

Those who presented fake graduation degrees were punished and also bailed out for contesting elections.

a no degree holder can contest elections.

RELEX i was talkinb about most of the Indian members and i was right. many of them in this thread are not happy with her step. their replies show so.

my post made alot of sense since when you see dozen Indians jump the thread read and find it difficult to comment because the news as NOT negative otherwise they keep on bragging about negatively when its about Pakistani Non Muslims.

My sincerest apologies then. I completely misread your post.

What glass ceiling? what Mullah?
Geez, than you people just accept good news gracefully without making up nonsense?

Her standing up is good for Pakistan and a blow to LANDLORDS because they think they are gods to these people.

True for this case. But look at the bigger picture.
She is a woman of a minority, it's a big blow to those who still believe in feudal system and those who are against empowerment of women and minorities, typically speaking those people tend to be the religious conservatives and Mullahs.

Anyway, the news is to be celebrated nonetheless.

Good news. Now if she wins she can contest Presidential elections in a few years time. Just like our minorities who became Presidents of India in the past. No wait ......

Good news. Now if she wins she can contest Presidential elections in a few years time. Just like our minorities who became Presidents of India in the past. No wait ......

Why are you upset Hindu bro?

Unlike your puppets, our minorities actually have to go through hell to make their voice heard.

Why are you upset Hindu bro?

Unlike your puppets, our minorities actually have to go through hell to make their voice heard.

Ah my Muslim brother, my point is that minorities enter a pot of hell even when they engage in politics in Pakistan. In Hindustan on the other hand we vote them in, bribe them and worship them in no different way than we do to a member of the majority religion who wins a seat

Ah my Muslim brother, my point is that minorities enter a pot of hell even when they engage in politics in Pakistan. In Hindustan on the other hand we vote them in, bribe them an. Ond worship them in no different way than we do to a member of the majority religion who wins a seat

So our country is better.

There is no favoritism. One must go through certain trials to move up ahead in society.

In Pakistan there are no social cushions.

Back
Top Bottom