What's new

Pakistani Hindu family ordered to quit India

Pakistani family served with 'Quit India' notice

The tourist family was given a permit to remain only within the limits of Thane district of Maharashtra

Five members of a Hindu family from the Sindh province in Pakistan, who arrived at the Mata Amritanandamayi Math near here on Friday evening, were taken into custody by the police for travelling without proper documents.

They were produced before the City Police Commissioner Debesh Kumar Behera on Saturday and served with the Quit India notice under the Foreigners Act.

Kishore Kumar, his wife Sangeetha and their children — Nikhil, Simram and Keerthi — reached the math in the evening for a darshan of Mata Amritanandamayi. The fact that they were Pakistani nationals travelling without proper documents came to the notice of the math authorities, who informed the police.

Mr. Behera said the family arrived in India on a tourist visa and was given a permit under the Foreigners Act to remain only within the limits of Thane district of Maharashtra and were directed to report to the nearest police station.

The family had arrived in India to visit their relatives at Ulhasnagar in Thane district. Mr. Kishore hailed from a family of Hindus in Sindh province that stayed back in Pakistan after the Partition. Sangeetha, originally from Ulhasnagar, settled in Sindh after marrying Mr. Kishore and since then became a citizen of Pakistan. Their travel outside Thane district was a violation of the Foreigners Act, the police said.

Mr. Kishore told the police that he was a devotee of Mata Amritanadamayi and thought of visiting the math and taking her blessings. The family was accompanied by Sangeetha’s brother Samith, who is an Indian citizen.

Police said they were also not carrying their passports, which was also a violation of the Act. But Mr. Kishore explained that they were ignorant of such a mandatory provision in the Act.

The Karunagapally police have registered a case and the family will be produced before the Karunagapally Magistrate Court on Sunday. The court will decide when they should leave the country. The normal time for those served with Quit India notice to leave the country is seven days.

------------------------------

i thought indians sympathised with pakistan hindus and were hell bend on providing asulum :argh::smart:

whats the logic ? He violated the visa norms and so he has been asked to leave. Please don't imagine a story out of nothing. "We always see what we want to see! no matter what the article is conveying."

Nowhere in the whole article it was said that they were in India to beg asylum. According to the article they just arrived a few days ago for performing religious rituals.

Some are ready to use the word asylum whenever the term "Pakistani hindus" comes in sight.

I think of the worst when I read about Pakistani Hindus. Mostly negative news about them lately. If they are not asking asylum then they should be sent back.

anyone who'll broke the law will face consequences irrespective of religion and nationality.

i thought indians sympathised with pakistan hindus and were hell bend on providing asulum :argh::smart:

Most thoughts of most Pakistani members here about India are mostly incorrect ;)

You on the other hand are partially correct atleast.. Sympathize, Yes... but we would stop there...

Nowhere in the whole article it was said that they were in India to beg asylum. According to the article they just arrived a few days ago for performing religious rituals.

Some are ready to use the word asylum whenever the term "Pakistani hindus" comes in sight.

I guess you are talking about the OP here.. ;)

Funny this never happens to the illegal fanatic loonies that cross our borders in millions and live off vote bank parties' support...

Isnt the bigger issue that they are not treated well in Pakistan...Oh wait.. :pdf:

Apparently they got the same treatment in ma bahart. Looks like the land of milk and honey turned out to be a pipe dream for these poor people. Maybe they should apply for asylum to Israel. We all know how much Indians like to do chaplusi for the Israelis, perhaps they will get nationality?!

Apparently they got the same treatment in ma bahart. Looks like the land of milk and honey turned out to be a pipe dream for these poor people. Maybe they should apply for asylum to Israel. We all know how much Indians like to do chaplusi for the Israelis, perhaps they will get nationality?!

Hoo-ah !!

I think of the worst when I read about Pakistani Hindus. Mostly negative news about them lately. If they are not asking asylum then they should be sent back.

Well according to the article he doesn't seem interested in taking asylum is shining India.

Poor Pakistanis, now they are running to India ro save their lives, what a shame for Pakistan as a nation.

It is sad to see that even Indians living in USA cannot understand articles written in English language. Tch tch.

I guess you are talking about the OP here.. ;)

OP was taking a shot on Indians members because of the behavior of Indian members on this forum about Pakistani hindus. Won't blame him.

I am just amazed with the contradicting comments you always make.

Over 900 Pakistani Hindus eligible for Indian citizenship: report

Many of them are getting citizenship in India.

OP was taking a shot on Indians members because of the behavior of Indian members on this forum about Pakistani hindus. Won't blame him.

Then stop cribbing about members bringing up the asylum topic in the discussion. Because the OP started it himself in the very first post .. So admit that you missed that fact before commenting and move on ;)

I am just amazed with the contradicting comments you always make.

Over 900 Pakistani Hindus eligible for Indian citizenship: report

I am talking about this particular case.

Then stop cribbing about members bringing up the asylum topic in the discussion. Because the OP started it himself in the very first post .. So admit that you missed that fact before commenting and move on ;)

Indians feel a lot of pain for our hindus. So I won't blame him for that. Makes sense. ;)

Yeah apparently they did and without even holding Indian citizenship. Shameful to see that non citizens in India are treated the same way as citizens in Pakistan.

Yeah apparently they did and without even holding Indian citizenship. Shameful to see that non citizens in India are treated the same way as citizens in Pakistan.

Yeah, apparently we are the same :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom