What's new

Pakistani heart patient saved by Indian doctors: report

Diggy

Reaction score
Country
India
MUMBAI: A Pakistani national was given a new lease on life by Indian doctors who performed a risky heart surgery on him at Bandra's Asian Heart Institute in Mumbai, said a report published on The Times of India.

57-year-old Zafar Ahmed Lali, who weighed over 125 kilograms, had five blood vessel blockages and a defective aortic valve — escalating surgical risk to thrice as much as other patients.

The heart surgery and aortic valve replacement were performed on April 18 using arteries from within the patient's chest instead of his leg, as is the norm with such procedures.

Vice-Chairman Asian Heart Institute Dr. Ramakanta Panda said, "Even though at AHI, we have done up to 12 grafts in a patient, the blockages in this patient's case were extremely critical. We had to use only arteries from inside his chest to perform all bypasses. In addition the aortic valve was also replaced, making this a high risk surgery."

He added he was glad that the patient had chosen to come to India for the procedure.

Lali's health problems were exacerbated due to his sedentary lifestyle and chain-smoking habit.

In November 2014, after undergoing an by ELECTROCARDIOGRAM (ECG), Lali was advised an angiography, which detected five blockages.

Zafar began to reduce his weight, managing to lose 20kgs by March 2015.

Although he was advised by a physician to approach the Cleveland Clinic in the United States, cost constraints forced him to search for other options.

He was operated within five days after arriving in India on April 13. Dr. Panda says the patient's recovery has been smooth.

Lali — who hails from a political family in Pakistan — said, "I find myself lucky that despite being a Pakistani, I could get through very easily and seek the best care."

Pakistani heart patient saved by Indian doctors: report - World - DAWN.COM

Good , health for them , money for Indian hospitals , win win. BTW Ramakanta Panda is a distant relative of me. He is a genius.

Good , health for them , money for Indian hospitals , win win. BTW Ramakanta Panda is a distant relative of me. He is a genius.

lagta hai apki puri family hi medical profession mai hai :D

Pakistani's have bigger hearts than Indians, hence the operation was easy!

Last edited:
Guys dont post this kind of news....

tell u what,,,love it when guys like u arrive as our customer
are we supposed to say you are like god?.. this is 21st century... and dakia & masterji are not the 'intellectuals' of my village.. :p:

good, but I feel these things should not be politicized. Doctors work to save everyone, regardless of their race, nationality, religion etc

are we supposed to say you are like god
I dont know what u r supposed to say,,,but definitely not god or such.
btw I am pretty hopeful tht the day when u become our customer,,the correct word will automaticaly come out of ur mouth:agree:
this is 21st century... and dakia & masterji are not the 'intellectuals' of my village.. :p:
if u r implying tht u r more intellectualy capable then the village dakia/masterji?
well tht is yet to be confirmed:D

Last edited:
I dont know what u r supposed to say,,,but definitely not god or such.
btw I am pretty hopeful tht the day when u or some loved one becomes our customer,,the correct word will automaticaly come out of ur mouth:agree:

if u r implying tht u r more intellectualy capable then the village dakia/masterji?
well tht is yet to be confirmed:D
it does not matter what I say, I will always think.. you are taking my money, you better be good at your job(dont understand all those abbreviations and degrees, your white apron is good enough) pretty sure some of these tests are not needed but yeah who does not like a few extra quid.. lets try to suck it from insurance together so that premiums skyrocket and become unaffordable. :p:
yeah I give tea and biscuit to the guy who fixes stuff in my house, although I am paying for it.. nothing wrong in common courtesy, but dont thing for a moment he is doing a favour coz he is not.

getting paid for the job... whats the big deal here o_O
.. get a life OP..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom