What's new

Pakistani Fruits

9 Delicious Summer Special Fruits of Pakistan

It is not uncommon for Pakistanis to crave their fruits when living or traveling abroad. Due to their quality, taste and sweetness, fruits of Pakistan cannot be compared to fruits found anywhere else in the world. Full of rich minerals, vitamins, and amazing medical qualities, the taste is unique to our homeland.

Check out our list of delicious summer fruits to indulge in this summer:

1. Watermelon

It’s an all time favorite fruit for most Pakistanis especially because of its sweet and refreshing quality to combat the deadly heat. And the feeling one gets if given the middle part, without the seeds, is quite invigorating.

2. Mangoes

It is widely known that nothing can beat the sweetness of mangoes in Pakistan. They’re just too hard to resist. Pakistanis abroad often request their relatives to send cartons to them no matter the distance.

3. Falsay (Grewia)

Native to Southern Asia, it’s famously used as a chilled summer drink, or eaten with sprinkled black salt. Oh, the sweet and sour taste of this fruit is heavenly!

4. Apricots

These beautifully orange colored fruits with their velvety skin are full of beta-carotene and fiber. They’re also a cash crop for many households in Gilgit-Baltistan region where the apricots are extremely sweet and tasty.

6. Peaches

Peaches and apricots are cousins, they say. It is a traditional crop of Northern area of Pakistan, and has a distinct aroma. Due to its delicious flavor and high demand, farmers have also aimed at foreign markets for export.

7. Plums

Pakistani plums known as aloo bukhara in Urdu, are extremely juicy, and tasty. Even the ones without the juice, end up leaving a sweet and sour taste. Their chutneys are so tangy, and have great medical benefits.

8. Jamun (Jambolan or syzygium)

Native to the Subcontinent, Jamun, when sprinkled and shaken up in black salt are so delectable that they’re hard to put down until the whole bowl is finished.

9. Lychee

Pakistani Lychee industry has immense potential and prospects because of its thick, juicy pulp and amazing taste. Mostly it is grown in Southern Punjab during the peak hot dry weather. It is also hard to export it because it remains best when consumed fresh.

12342430_733742240059441_1605465318730551420_n.jpg

all your fruits bows down to Durian aka King of fruits

Is Pineapple not cultivated in Pakistan, i find no mention of it in any of the posts. It is just the start of the Pineapple season in Assam, and i've been relishing it in all forms since the past few days.

I have been asking for loquats in Germany, people think I am crazy :P Used to grow in my home garden..

Me too man it is nowhere to be found I can even find frozen jamun in US but no loquat. It used to grow in my neighbors garden but that didn't stop me from getting it.:cheers:

Me too man it is nowhere to be found I can even find frozen jamun in US but no loquat. It used to grow in my neighbors garden but that didn't stop me from getting it.:cheers:
yeah, i did that on plums - my neighbor had 2 of those - in home and garden :P ...

fruit of loquat (Eriobotrya japonica Lindl.) becomes available during the months of March/April in Pakistan. There is no identified cultivar of loquat available on a large scale and the majority of the orchards are seed propagated and not uniform. Recently, research work has been initiated for identification, collection and multiplication of loquat genotypes. Cultural practices adopted in most of our loquat orchards are primitive and with few exceptions are not up to world standards. Production and quality of loquat fruit can be increased by the identification and further multiplication of high quality genotypes, by adopting recommended cultural practices such as pruning, thinning, irrigation and plant protection, and postharvest efforts to increase shelf life.

Loquat-a-fruit-of-heaven-731x334.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

nespera_019.jpg

wp-back.php

loquat-in-pakistan-36-638.jpg

loquat-Eriobotrya-Japonica-Benefits.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom