What's new

Pakistani Fashion

This is insulting. Showbiz should remain showbiz .......... there are many other ideas they can adopt but making such animals part of showbiz is insulting.
One thing is for sure the animals which were displayed have a higher chance of being sold :D

I so wish i could sink my teeth on that juicy flesh:moil:

Tamam sharif zehniyat walay logoan ko advance mein keh raha i was talking about the animals

A typical stunt by a wealthy farmer so heavy price of the animal.

Rest about juicy thing, indeed those goloos and babloos are beautiful and healthy. I understand what you mean without any doubt but your way of clarification is epic. :D

Hi-tech trends in realm of fashion
September 09, 2016
SHARE :
hi-tech-trends-in-realm-of-fashion-1473386133-7493.jpg

http://nation.com.pk/Reporter/faizan-javed
Faizan Javed

LAHORE - It was Thursday morning before this scribe got out of bed and started flipping through the pages of daily newspapers and magazines and checking out the showbiz latest news and trends through my smart phone. Technology and social media have turned us into digital nomads able to roam the world and converse in any country. Elegance and style is what fashion brands represent.

Our designers have become trend setters and they have fan following across the globe. They have opened up countless new outlets for the people to purchase latest fashion stuff. Pakistani fashion resonates well with the international trends. Days are gone when people specially used to go to purchase fashion items at stores. Our purchasing habits have changed rapidly with the boom of technology.

We are nowadays shopping on our smart phones. More and more social media platforms have become source of shopping. The significance that the fashion industry recently attains in the worldwide economy has confident economic historians to examine the causes and characteristics of its historical development. Instagram, facebook and twitter have become a source of promotion for the celebs in the fashion industry. But the question is; do all those new upcoming bloggers and vloggers have the experience and trained eye to know what they’re talking about? Actually not as hundreds of fashion bloggers rave on and on about how “amazing” and “cool” the latest designer collection is without pointing out that it looked exactly the same as the designer’s first one.

One thing almost everyone criticizes is that bloggers have “sold out” to companies by taking money for advertorial posts and wearing free gifted designer clothing. Fashion is not just about uploading press releases. Fashion is not all about blogging style, new trends and excitement of catwalk on the runway of fashion weeks. Fashion weeks are meant to promote creativity and innovation that has truly become the most sought after platform in the fashion industry where every designer whether established or aspiring one wants to make presentation.

It is also the serious business that has made our fashion industry grow in the last decade. Today it is one of the most burgeoning trade sectors in the country that eyes the global market.

Hakomat apney karnamo ka malba oppositiob par dal rahi hay :whistle:

Sazish Sazish..... Har taraf Sazish.... Hamaray alfaz ko tabdeel kar k ghalat tareekay se pesh kia gaya, es baat par commission ka mutalba kartay hain :angel:

What prompted Hum TV to dip into fashion with its upcoming style awards?

57d3cbbf76038.jpg

Moments from the 4th Hum TV Awards 2016

Just when you thought that awards season was done and dusted and even the post-awards celebratory parties had wrapped up, Hum TV Network has decided to have yet another treat in store for you – or not.

Hum TV’s style Awards are slotted to take place this October, promising awards, performances, fumbles, grumbles, the whole shebang.

But wait – haven’t the Hum Awards already taken place this year? And don’t we already have the Lux Style Awards for passing verdicts on style, entertainment and what-not? Is Hum endeavouring to have its say regarding the country’s style quotient?

“We have always sought to raise the bar in the field of entertainment,” observes Hum Network’s President Sultana Siddiqui. “We have certainly done so with our dramas. I feel that we now need to do the same with events. Greater variety and thereby, competition, will only help the industry get better.”

“Also, as a channel, we can ensure that the events we organise are much more long-lasting. An awards ceremony organized by a sponsor may suffer through budget fluctuations. They may have a grand ceremony one year and merely announce the results the next. But as a channel, we have to make sure that our event is regular and high on entertainment value."

"Our regular Bridal Couture Week is a prime example of this. The event has associated with different sponsors but regardless of this, it has invariably taken place twice a year, every year.”

Sultana has a point. Nevertheless, is Hum TV sure that they have a strong enough grip on style? Case in point; the recent Hum Awards’ red carpet where style was non-existent, replaced by ostentatious, unfathomable wedding-wear bling.

57d3c661ecb9e.jpg

From L-R: Saba Qamar, Sarwar Gillani and Aisha Khan at Hum TV Awards 2016

“That’s a matter of opinion but I am not saying that hitches won’t occur,” she says. “But slowly, we will all strive to get better.”

“I am determined that our Style Awards will have unbiased, fair results. I plan to take on a genuine batch of jurors who will then decide upon the winners. Fairness is imperative for an awards show to be taken seriously and I feel that there is a definite need for it.”

It would be an accurate guess that Sultana is, in essence, referring to the recent LSA results that have invited in their fair share of critique and doubts. The other major pitfall faced by local events are timings, when shows slotted to begin as early as 7 p.m. only initiate around a late 11 p.m. and then go on till the early hours of the morning.

57d3cc64cbd68.jpg

The LSA this year was all about the unexpected, channeling dreamy old world glam

From the LSA’s to the Hum Awards and even fashion weeks, audiences leave while the show goes on and on. Only recently, social media was rife with images of actress Mahirah Khan dancing to a more or less empty auditorium for the LSA finale. While the performance was slotted to be one of the show’s highlights, most of the audience refused to stay on till late to see it.

“Timing is another issue that we hope to address,” vouches Sultana. “I believe in recording in real time and not filming performances from before. Still, we need to be better prepared to ensure punctuality.”

Nida Butt is set to take on the mantle of creative director for the show, which will be held in October, so that's sure to bring a change

Improving timings, particularly, is a tall order to fulfill. Historically, local events may, with much effort, improve content and sometimes, miraculously, even the red carpet brings on style but late timings continue to persist.

Hum Network may genuinely be aiming to raise the bar of awards ceremonies but there’s also a lucrative incentive at play. Awards ceremonies – no matter how many and how painfully long – work very well as ideal ‘special shows’ for weekends and Eid. Audiences are sticklers for them and they draw in high ratings.

But will Hum’s style awards manage to work beyond being well-watched TV shows? Will they entertain or be merely yet another long drawn-out affair where the media and celebs troop out to a distant location, suffer through delays and endure constant blunders?

Nida Butt takes on the mantle of creative director for the show and the awards are set to take place around the end of October. Let’s see precisely how ‘stylish’ this one turns out to be.

Back
Top Bottom