What's new

Pakistani Doctor's Strike: Hit Home

Problem is people here are passing fatwas without having an idea of issue

Not just the fatwas, even the solutions being proposed fit this quote:

"For every problem there is a solution which is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Albert Einstein

^^^ Dude, get off your high horse. Its not doctors alone that faces scum bags of the society on a daily basis. For God sake a manager of the MS plant was burnt to death..Compared to that this is nothing.
Well the manager cant strike but doctors (as they are workers with no control over how hospital is run) can. Sometime that is the only way to highlight an issue unfortunately.
If a society cannot provide security to doctor (whose service is so valued), the people of such society deserve to die.

Apparently a manager is worth a manager...a doctor is worth much more than few managers..... :)

Problem is people here are passing fatwas without having an idea of issue

Yes, a doctor is worth more than the entire patients that died bcs of their negligence. Again this statement reeks of arrogance and superiority complex that caused even a Pakistani doctor to say on national television that 'We are not BA pass like you'.

^I'm afraid someone wishing to pursue a medical career should be clear on one thing - that they will never accept money in exchange for their sevices.

This will make them never go on strike again for reasons of employment/benefits.
That way only rich people can afford to be doctor. Also they can never be professional, for them it will be a social service, which they can do in their free time.
I am sure pakistan needs thousands of doctors not a handful of well meaning but 'charity' people.

Well the manager cant strike but doctors (as they are workers with no control over how hospital is run) can. Sometime that is the only way to highlight an issue unfortunately.
If a society cannot provide security to doctor (whose service is so valued), the people of such society deserve to die.

Then I think the Govt should also allow soldiers and policemen to go on strike and also allow them to walk off their job as they please. Why this double standards??

Then I think the Govt should also allow soldiers and policemen to go on strike and also allow them to walk off their job as they please. Why this double standards??
Security services are not allowed to strike because the very foundation of service relies on 'obedience'. Most of the time they are required to 'obey' what their superior says.
Doctors (like all other civilians) do not need that.
My question to you is, why should anybody be allowed to strike at all then( if doctors cant)

I am not opposing the idea of govt treating them as essential service and ban their strike. That should be made clear while joining to job itself. Private doctors cant be forced though.

Well I have many in my family in medical including siblings. And their mindset in those 5 years in medical college is something like this

1st year: We are going to do some good deeds. We wont charge poor any money

2nd Year: We will charge rich people but not poor

3rd Year: We will charge Rich more and poor less

4th year: We will charge Rich and poor the same

5th year: we have bills to pay. Dont we deserve happiness .........

If they really are in this profession for money why dont they do something in business or engineering....... Atleast when they'll strike there it wont result in someone's death.

Security services are not allowed to strike because the very foundation of service relies on 'obedience'. Most of the time they are required to 'obey' what their superior says.
Doctors (like all other civilians) do not need that.

So what about doctors. They are also a part of the system that takes and also gives order with Health Minister at the top and an orderly at the bottom of the chain.

My question to you is, why should anybody be allowed to strike at all then( if doctors cant)

In my view 3 services, Armed forces, police and medical field should be prohibited from striking as it directly affects the life and death of persons...the first one takes life, the second one protects life and the third gives life.

I am not opposing the idea of govt treating them as essential service and ban their strike. That should be made clear while joining to job itself.

Thats where the Govt failed and admitted people into the profession who doesn't care about humanity. WTF....They even removed the drips . They don't deserve to be doctors in the first place.

Private doctors cant be forced though.

AFAIK, the entire doctors striking in Pakistan are Govt ones.

Well I have many in my family in medical including siblings. And their mindset in those 5 years in medical college is something like this

1st year: We are going to do some good deeds. We wont charge poor any money

2nd Year: We will charge rich people but not poor

3rd Year: We will charge Rich more and poor less

4th year: We will charge Rich and poor the same

5th year: we have bills to pay. Dont we deserve happiness .........

If they really are in this profession for money why dont they do something in business or engineering....... Atleast when they'll strike there it wont result in someone's death.

Do they study in Govt colleges or private colleges...if its the second one that attitude is perfectly justifiable.

602573_244323749003394_516395560_n.jpg
kcIoO.jpg
528224_244284275674008_1492838108_n.jpg

torture on young drs punjab police
528927_244015525700883_966041070_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom