What's new

Pakistani Cricketers ‘Framed’ By Indian Bookies?

S_O_C_O_M

Reaction score
Pakistani Cricketers ‘Framed’ By Indian Bookies?

September 3, 2010, 7:01 PM IST

OB-JV327_ilorga_D_20100903091614.jpg

International Cricket Council chief executive Haroon Lorgat says the body is taking the allegations against Pakistani cricketers very seriously.

By Tripti Lahiri

On Monday India Real Time looked at the Indian angle to allegations in a British tabloid that top Pakistani cricketers had helped rig matches.

A 35-year-old British man, Mazhar Majeed, at the center of the scandal sparked by The News of the World article on Sunday, had said he had taken money from “an Indian party” and instructed senior members of Pakistan’s team to bowl no-balls at specified times.

“They pay me for information,” the newspaper quoted Mr. Majeed as saying. The News of the World is owned by News Corp., which also owns the Wall Street Journal.

Betting is big business in India. One Indian lawyer told Reuters that illegal betting was rife in India and that a one day cricket game between Indian and Pakistan could draw as much as $20 million in illegal bets.

On Friday, the International Cricket Council said that three Pakistani cricketers, Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir, had been charged with various cricketing offences and “provisionally suspended” as the world cricketing body investigates the charges against them. The players could face a lifetime ban from cricket if the charges are upheld by an ICC tribunal.

Now a Pakistani diplomat in Britain is saying he believes the Pakistani players were set up by Indian bookies.

“This Majeed chap allegedly defrauded Indian bookies. So they instigated a sort of sting operation through their sources,” said Wajid Shamsul Hasan, high commissioner of Pakistan in the U.K., on the Indian cable news channel NDTV. “I smell a *** in it. I don’t think any charge will stick on them…the cricketers said they have not been involved in anything or anything that can be called hanky-panky.”

Mr. Hasan also suggested the cricket regulatory body was “playing to the gallery” by suspending the cricketers.

Haroon Lorgat, the South African ICC chief has told reporters that he “may want to differ with the high commissioner on that,” adding that the body takes corruption charges very seriously.

In an ICC statement Mr. Lorgat also said, “It is important, however, that we do not pre-judge the guilt of these three players. That is for the independent tribunal alone to decide.”

Pakistani Cricketers ‘Framed’ By Indian Bookies? - India Real Time - WSJ

More conspiracy theories..perhaps Mr Ambassador will be kind enough to come forward with some concrete evidence..

besides Mazhar Majeed is a Britisher but not a English man, more specifically he is a British man of Pakistani origin.

^This is the Wall Street Journal, buddy.

This is not a joke to be shrugged off as a conspiracy theory.

^^ My comment specifically targets Mr Wajid Shamsul Hasan comments, who has been directly quoted, this conspiracy theory is his brain child or as you can infer from his comments or his TV interview last night.

^This is the Wall Street Journal, buddy.

This is not a joke to be shrugged off as a conspiracy theory.

Wall Street yes, but you should read the article. It says Pakistani high commissioner accusing India of scams. It's not Wall Street's opinion or deduction.

Whatever guyz!
our players accepted rishwat (bribe) we are to be blamed (if proven)....... admit it

Any person with low IQ will also understand that this pakistani trio has done fixing, Now its on pakistanis to decide wheather they want to get embarassed again and again in future, bcoz if u dont take bold step today it will keep on repeating .. For instance u can see the video of Kamraan akmal in Australian test match.. Even a 5th class student can tell that he was intentionally leaving the runouts, and catches..
I cant imagine players are cheating their own fans and countrymen who spent thousands of dollars to follow the cricket team.. and same public is supporting them for making them fool..........

welll court willl through these alligations out of court in first place it was sting operation and no court bellieve on them as they gave money and set up every thing im sure court will clear them for me the main probleum is why ICC is shitting yet the court has to take final decision if they are cleared from court than must be from ICC sting operations are not a concrete evidance if ICC did anything with them im sure whole pakistan nation will be standing in front of ICC it is Board who runs and take decisions of pakistan cricket not ICC

Any person with low IQ will also understand that this pakistani trio has done fixing, Now its on pakistanis to decide wheather they want to get embarassed again and again in future, bcoz if u dont take bold step today it will keep on repeating .. For instance u can see the video of Kamraan akmal in Australian test match.. Even a 5th class student can tell that he was intentionally leaving the runouts, and catches..
I cant imagine players are cheating their own fans and countrymen who spent thousands of dollars to follow the cricket team.. and same public is supporting them for making them fool..........

To counter stupid conspiracy theories, you needn't to come up with unproven culpability. I have a decent enough IQ to believe that the players could be guilty. My IQ also asks me to question the facts before accepting it. If you have played any competitive sport, you will realize that honor is the only thing you play for. And while I hate cheats, I feel for players who are on the wrong side of false accusations. All said, wait for undeniable proof before judging them.

5th graders are supposed to be smart. But they don't make good commentators or coaches for a reason - they always act out of emotions. Anyone who has played cricket knows there were genuine skill and form issues with Kamran Akmal. He needs to practice harder to become a good keeper. But you shouldn't point fingers where there is no evidence.

for too long pcb defended rouge elements in pakitan cricket team take the example of mohmd. asif caught in drugs possesion n failed dope test in ipl but was given 1yr ban he should have been banned for life after second offence like ben jhonson only look at afridi in test match against england were he delibrately walks on the pitch........................even in past ppl. accused pak plyer of ball tampering its good icc has taken afirm desion this time

INDIA INDIA INDIA.

Stop this bullshyt please.

Thanks!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom