What's new

‘Pakistan won’t rush to join anti-Iran alliance’

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
“Pakistan would not rush to join the anti-Iran alliance that is being forged,” a senior government functionary told Dawn in a background interview. — AP/file
ISLAMABAD: The government has decided against taking sides in the emerging situation in the Middle East – at least for now.

“Pakistan would not rush to join the anti-Iran alliance that is being forged,” a senior government functionary told Dawn in a background interview.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif last week visited Saudi Arabia on what the government described as a special invitation of Saudi King Salman Bin Abulaziz.

The invitation for Mr Sharif was part of diplomatic consultations Riyadh started in view of the evolving situation. Other Muslim leaders that the King met over the past few weeks included the presidents of Palestine, Egypt and Turkey, the Jordanian king, emirs of Kuwait and Qatar and the UAE leader.

King Salman’s discussions with Mr Sharif in Riyadh centred on Saudi concerns about Tehran’s expanding influence in the region, the official, who had been briefed about the visit, said, adding that the threat from the self-styled Islamic State also came up in the talks.

Mr Sharif, while agreeing to strengthen relations with Saudi Arabia during the visit, also committed to intensifying security and counter-terrorism cooperation.

The government, however, after evaluating the pros and cons, the official claimed, decided on staying neutral and playing the “role of a unifier” in Ummah.

“We cannot afford to involve ourselves in the disputes among the Muslim countries,” he explained.

While it remains to be seen how Pakistan government acts in the coming days, some of the decisions taken so far indicate that it is not getting itself involved in the Middle East.

The official disclosed that Pakistan had decided not to spare any troops for Saudi Arabia.

Pakistan currently has a few military trainers and advisers in Saudi Arabia. There would not be any major increase in those numbers despite Saudi leadership’s intense desire for getting additional deployments, especially for guarding the border with Yemen.

Pakistan has got a fair reason for its decision as its troops are overstretched because of the domestic security situation.

Secondly, the official said the idea of relocating the mission in Yemen from Sana’a to Aden has also been dropped.

“This relocation thing was discussed because everyone (other missions) was moving from there, but we have now decided to remain in Sana’a,” he said.

The decisions were not easy for Islamabad, particularly because of ‘the special nature of the relationship with Riyadh’, a large number of Pakistanis working in the kingdom and other economic interests.

Published in Dawn March 15th , 2015

This is exactly what the people of Pakistan want to stay away from the NATO alliance against Islamic IRAN.

If Pakistan cannot help IRAN it should atleast stay neutral instead of becoming part of Nato Alliance and Enemy of Islamic IRAN.

the Best case Iran+Pakistan+China alliance to counter Nato, but due to saudi rental people in pak it is not possible therefore the only remaining best option is to stay neutral.

Well not rushing into it does not mean that you're not going to do it eventually , which is a bad bad thing .

i hope you guy's take your head's outta the sand and see the reality . the shitfest of TTP and LeJ is created by the same racist people who behead pakistanis in their country and look at you like inferior race (and you have seen it from their very own members here) . just a heads up .

A good step, but what about irans negative influence and attitude towards Pakistan.
I call BULLSHIT on that one

Well not rushing into it does not mean that you're not going to do it eventually , which is a bad bad thing .

i hope you guy's take your head's outta the sand and see the reality . the shitfest of TTP and LeJ is created by the same racist people who behead pakistanis in their country and look at you like inferior race (and you have seen it from their very own members here) . just a heads up .

Call it all that you want to, like I care about u and ur opinion. Facts are facts, some cant see it for obvious reasons.

A good step, but what about irans negative influence and attitude towards Pakistan.

Iran has only positive influence and attitude over Pakistan. For negative influence you have to look at Saudi influence and attitude which has caused the killing of tens of thousands of Pakistanis including children in the past decade. Look no further than whom your army is engaged fighting right now. These are not Iranian influenced people. Their ideology and mindset are well known.

Call it all that you want to, like I care about u and ur opinion. Facts are facts, some cant see it for obvious reasons.

Fact is, all Pakistanis being killed today in Pakistan are due to Takfiri ideology imported from Saudi Arabia. Go figure.

Iran has only positive influence and attitude over Pakistan. For negative influence you have to look at Saudi influence and attitude which has caused the killing of tens of thousands of Pakistanis including children in the past decade. Look no further than whom your army is engaged fighting right now. These are not Iranian influenced people. Their ideology and mindset are well known.
I stopped reading after the positive influence joke. Carry on living in the lala land.

I stopped reading after the positive influence joke. Carry on living in the lala land.

Then it is obvious, that you are not even a Pakistani. Consider these among many others:

Pakistan's national anthem is written in Farsi.

Pakistan's national philosopher used to write his poems in Farsi.

Iran was the first country recognizing Pakistan.

And finally, sane Pakistanis who have not sold their souls to Saudi puppets know the truth. The truth that Saudi ideology has destroyed Pakistan's social fabric and culture. A culture much influenced and almost built on Iranian culture. Pakistan of 1960's was much more progressive than it is today.

Then it is obvious, that you are not even a Pakistani. Consider these among many others:

Pakistan's national anthem is written in Farsi.

Pakistan's national philosopher used to write his poems in Farsi.

Iran was the first country recognizing Pakistan.

And finally, sane Pakistanis who have not sold their souls to Saudi puppets know the truth. The truth that Saudi ideology has destroyed Pakistan's social fabric and culture. A culture much influenced and almost built on Iranian culture. Pakistan of 1960's was much more progressive than it is today.
Now I need a certificate from you on who I am, worry about who u is and who u are loyal too. I am as green as they make em boy.

Live and talk of what is happening today, glories of the past are facts written in history, time changes, and so do people and their attitude.

Fact is, all Pakistanis being killed today in Pakistan are due to Takfiri ideology imported from Saudi Arabia. Go figure.
Fact is, Saudi Arabia is importing its Tafkiri ideology in other Muslim countries because neither Saudi Arabia or Iran haven't gotten over their petty medieval age sectarian hatred and feel the need to spread their wars into other countries. We don't like your crackpot mullahs. We don't like Saudi Arabia's crackpot mullahs either. Don't delude yourself.

With a PM who is loyal to KSA,i think he will try to join this alliance,but i assure you one thing he will have to face a lot of hurdles,with army in his way i don't see it happening .
@syedali73 ,@Irfan Baloch ,@DESERT FIGHTER ,your thoughts ,guys .

Just kick out saudi+usa, IRAN will be very friendly to Pak.

read this real joke, some iran petro-products are banned in some pakistan institutions. some sheikhs purchase them and label them as saudi product and then ship to Pakistan. No problem in it. it become a high profile product. Same product If it comes with Iran label then it fails.

So the problem is not Iran. The problem is inside Pakistan.

With a PM who is loyal to KSA,i think he will try to join this alliance,but i assure you one thing he will have to face a lot of hurdles,with army in his way i don't see it happening .
@syedali73 ,@Irfan Baloch ,@DESERT FIGHTER ,your thoughts ,guys .
Just kick out saudi+usa, IRAN will be very friendly to Pak.

read this real joke, some iran petro-products are banned in some pakistan institutions. some sheikhs purchase them and label them as saudi product and then ship to Pakistan. No problem in it. it become a high profile product. Same product If it comes with Iran label then it fails.

So the problem is not Iran. The problem is inside Pakistan.
We don't anything from pakistan but it's friendship . we are one , we have the same culture and almost even the same language , our people are tied to each other from 2500yrs ago during the persian empires .

For a very long period of time , we were even one country , one people under one flag . we want nothing but your prosperity .

but hey , we also cannot withstand a new Saudi-proxy . don't become anyone's proxy . be a free nation .....

We must Play Neutral
we dont have thousand years of grudges of 2 extremes, so we must act like a Catalyst in binding them together, that's what Allah wanted from us to draw a peace map b/t two extremes
Iran Gov are true representative of their Nation as compared to Saudi kingdom....(so pledging with saudi wont mean all ARABIA included...keep it in mind)

Back
Top Bottom