What's new

Pakistan umpires - best in the world.....

fd24

Reaction score
Its a lovely warm day in the UK today. Fantastic weather to enjoy a game of cricket.
I am watching a good game - England v West Indies playing at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.
Who am i supporting? Im supporting good cricket whoever the team is .......however when Pakistan play there is only one team in my heart!
During the lunch break i heard Mike Holding and Nasser Hussain commenting on the play so far today. Both were in agreement that this test match was being umired with perhaps the best umpires in the world namely Aleem Dar and Asad Rauf - both from Pakistan!
Nassar Hussain said "Today i have to say i feel we probably have the best and most fairest umpires available in world cricket" Michael Holding replied "I agree they are hardly noticed until a crucial decision needs to be made and they are very competant".

Aleem Dar
The younger of the two by 12 years, Aleem Dar stood in his debut Test match in October 2003 at Dhaka, when umpiring Bangladesh v England. Previously he had officiated at One-Day Internationals as far back as February 2000 when age 31.

As a right-handed batsman and leg-break bowler in his playing days, he represented Pakistan Railways, Lahore City, Gujranwala Cricket Association and Allied Bank Ltd in an 11 year career.
He holds the honour of being the first Pakistani to be appointed to the ICC Elite Umpire Panel and has been chosen as Umpire of the Year for three straight years between 2009 - 2011. In 2010 the Pakistani Government awarded him the President's Award for Pride of Performance.

Asad Rauf

Asad Rauf played 1st class cricket in his native Pakistan between 1977 and 1990, playing for Pakistan Universities, Pakistan Railways, Lahore and the National Bank.
Becoming a 1st-class umpire in 1998 he was appointed to his debut one-day international in February 2000. Similarly to Aleem Dar, his first Test was in Bangladesh where he stood at Chittagong against the touring Zimbabwean's in 2005.
He was promoted to the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires in April 2006.

I would like to say how proud i am of these 2 Pakistani gentleman in shining so brightly in their work - makes me feel proud to be Pakistani!! :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Thank you to both of you!!

Pakistani umpires are definitely some of the finest. I have always been a fan of their bowlers, though. Wasim being my all time-fav.

In fact, I met Wasim last year in a hotel lobby and he was so down-to earth and friendly.

Gone are the days when cricket used to be a Gentleman's game.

Aleem dar is now the Asian umpire with most test matches umpired, 74 in total. Previous record was 73 by an Indian umpire.

Its a lovely warm day in the UK today. Fantastic weather to enjoy a game of cricket.
I am watching a good game - England v West Indies playing at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.
Who am i supporting? Im supporting good cricket whoever the team is .......however when Pakistan play there is only one team in my heart!
During the lunch break i heard Mike Holding and Nasser Hussain commenting on the play so far today. Both were in agreement that this test match was being umired with perhaps the best umpires in the world namely Aleem Dar and Asad Rauf - both from Pakistan!
Nassar Hussain said "Today i have to say i feel we probably have the best and most fairest umpires available in world cricket" Michael Holding replied "I agree they are hardly noticed until a crucial decision needs to be made and they are very competant".

Aleem Dar
The younger of the two by 12 years, Aleem Dar stood in his debut Test match in October 2003 at Dhaka, when umpiring Bangladesh v England. Previously he had officiated at One-Day Internationals as far back as February 2000 when age 31.

As a right-handed batsman and leg-break bowler in his playing days, he represented Pakistan Railways, Lahore City, Gujranwala Cricket Association and Allied Bank Ltd in an 11 year career.
He holds the honour of being the first Pakistani to be appointed to the ICC Elite Umpire Panel and has been chosen as Umpire of the Year for three straight years between 2009 - 2011. In 2010 the Pakistani Government awarded him the President's Award for Pride of Performance.

Asad Rauf

Asad Rauf played 1st class cricket in his native Pakistan between 1977 and 1990, playing for Pakistan Universities, Pakistan Railways, Lahore and the National Bank.
Becoming a 1st-class umpire in 1998 he was appointed to his debut one-day international in February 2000. Similarly to Aleem Dar, his first Test was in Bangladesh where he stood at Chittagong against the touring Zimbabwean's in 2005.
He was promoted to the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires in April 2006.

I would like to say how proud i am of these 2 Pakistani gentleman in shining so brightly in their work - makes me feel proud to be Pakistani!! :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Thank you to both of you!!
. They are the best today. Of course you guys should be very proud.

Aleem dar is now the Asian umpire with most test matches umpired, 74 in total. Previous record was 73 by an Indian umpire.

Being only 41 as an umpire - he has got a good 20 years minimum to go. Should smash every record standing as far as umpires go!

Being only 41 as an umpire - he has got a good 20 years minimum to go. Should smash every record standing as far as umpires go!

there are only three records for umpires...no. of matches in ODI, T20, and test. thankless job..

best wishes to both of them

Ya they are good ..i hate indian umpires .. They had huge opportunity and till now everyone is hopeless

I agree that..specially Aleem Daar......

Indian umpires are not good...we need some good umpire as well.....

i love those guys and you just cant challenge dar wate of a review bcz he is 99% right and the 1% is umpires call:p:P:P

Aleem Dar is gr8 guy...One of my relative is also an umpire and he got an oppertunity to interact with him....Aleem Dar is professionally and personally a great person..Good luck and he made pakistan proud...

Aleem Dar

Asad Rauf
Did you know that due to politics and racism practiced by western cricket teams like Australia, England and South Africa, they had started to be tilted against them? Once in some match Stuart Clarke had clearly got Virendar Sehwag LBW. But Asad Rauf feigned to be unmoved. In some other match while some white team was batting, after one delivery was bowled, Aleem Dar showed this facial expression of, "Oh! Missed it narrowly."

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom