What's new

Pakistan turns down cheaper loan offer from Japan

Japan is obviously making these offers to counter China. Japan is a country which firmly belongs in the US camp.
So? Shouldnt Pakistan benefit from it?

Pakistanis are one of the most dumbest people on the planet.

Japan should not be competing with China for projects in Pakistan. Japan won't succeed.
Why? If they come up with cheaper interest rates.. why think twice?

Even if it is cheaper, it should not upset our strategic relationship with China.

Remember China called Pakistan their "Israel."

Even if it is cheaper, it should not upset our strategic relationship with China.

Remember China called Pakistan their "Israel."
This is embarrassing..
Do you know china’s trade volume with india? With US? With Israel? With Japan itself?

Shah say ziada shah k wafadar na bano..
Warna kuttay wali aukaat ho jai gi.

This is embarrassing..
Do you know china’s trade volume with india? With US? With Israel? With Japan itself?

Actually it is not embarassing. I am entitled to my opinion. Just because you do not agree me does not mean I am wrong.

Grow up cry baby!

This is embarrassing..

I am aware of China's trade with India. Yes China does more trade with India. That is also because India is a bigger economy.

It is the economy that does the talking.

I never said not to have relations with Japan. I really meant give preference to China.

Actually it is not embarassing. I am entitled to my opinion. Just because you do not agree me does not mean I am wrong.

It is .. you are literally insulting Pakistan.. You think we are a colony or something? Its a free fukin world... countries look out for their own interests.

There is a reason why now GOP is moaning about giving unfair consession to China.. and FTAs.... which China hasnt reciprociated...

Grow up cry baby!
Follow your own advice.. how old are you between? Teenager?

I am aware of China's trade with India. Yes China does more trade with India. That is also because India is a bigger economy.
So China has no issues dealing with india.. or considering your emotions... but you have issues with dealing with Japan which is providing cheaper interest rates compared to China ?

A)There is corruption involved.
B)There should be free tenders (which have not been there for alot of projecta Chinese firms are handling... and several are under inquiry... even in the military)... lots of people took kickbacks.. bad for Pakistan and Pakistani people.
C)You arent the smartest pea in the pot.
It is the economy that does the talking.
You keep contradicting yourself.

I never said not to have relations with Japan. I really meant give preference to China.
What preference? Have you ever done any business? You give unfair preferences and you are doomed..

Chinese dont.. infact they are very cery strict businessmen.. having dealt with Chinese people .. I can attest to that!

And so can Pak govt officials and businessmen...

It is .. you are literally insulting Pakistan.. You think we are a colony or something? Its a free fukin world... countries look out for their own interests.

There is a reason why now GOP is moaning about giving unfair consession to China.. and FTAs.... which China hasnt reciprociated...

Follow your own advice.. how old are you between? Teenager?

So China has no issues dealing with india.. or considering your emotions... but you have issues with dealing with Japan which is providing cheaper interest rates compared to China ?

A)There is corruption involved.
B)There should be free tenders (which have not been there for alot of projecta Chinese firms are handling... and several are under inquiry... even in the military)... lots of people took kickbacks.. bad for Pakistan and Pakistani people.
C)You arent the smartest pea in the pot.

You keep contradicting yourself.

What preference? Have you ever done any business? You give unfair preferences and you are doomed..

Chinese dont.. infact they are very cery strict businessmen.. having dealt with Chinese people .. I can attest to that!

And so can Pak govt officials and businessmen...
Probably older than you. :lol: Its you who started it, so it is you who should grow up!
How old are you? A little toddler?

Secondly I never said Pakistan is a colony. Every country should do what is in it's national interests.

I did not contradict myself. Yes economy does the talking. So naturally China will have a larger trade with India than with Pakistan.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. Get a life and accept that.

You are not always right. There are other opinions out there.

Nor are you the smartest person around either.

Probably older than you. :lol: Its you who started it, so it is you who should grow up!
How old are you? A little toddler?
No, but i have a toddler... what about you? 14?
Secondly I never said Pakistan is a colony. Every country should do what is in it's national interests.

Again contradictions.

I did not contradict myself. Yes economy does the talking. So naturally China will have a larger trade with India than with Pakistan.

So naturally Pakistan should look out for its interests and not talk about preferences based on chinese emotions... when Chinese themselves have dozens of billions of dollars worth trade with Japan.
You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. Get a life and accept that.

You are not always right. There are other opinions out there.

Thank you.. hope you start practicing what you preach.

Nor are you the smartest person around either.
Smart enough not to be a secterian,self embarassing “boy”.

No, but i have a toddler... what about you? 14?

Again contradictions.

So naturally Pakistan should look out for its interests and not talk about preferences based on chinese emotions... when Chinese themselves have dozens of billions of dollars worth trade with Japan.

Thank you.. hope you start practicing what you preach.

Smart enough not to be a secterian,self embarassing “boy”.
I do practice what I preach. My opinion is mine, your opinion is yours.

Be happy now. ;)

Pakistan should have good relations with Japan, but I do not think Japan should set up a project that would compete with CPEC.

@Oscar you need more proof that this retard is trolling Pakistanis? or your ban only patriotic Pakistanis like me?
How am I trolling Pakistanis, idiot. Watch your language about who you call retard.

I am probably more patriotic than you are.

Have you read this al jazeera article?

China: 'Pakistan is our Israel'
The world's most populous country is showing more international assertiveness, which bothers the US.

by Thalif Deen
28 Oct 2010

20101028134930392833_20.jpg

China's foreign relations are increasingly influenced by state run energy companies, study says [GALLO/GETTY]
When a US delegate once confronted a Chinese diplomat about Beijing's uncompromising support for Pakistan, the Chinese reportedly responded with a heavily-loaded sarcastic remark: "Pakistan is our Israel".

But judging by China's unrelenting support for some of its allies, including North Korea, Burma, Zimbabwe and Sudan, its protective arm around these countries is no different from the US and Western political embrace of Israel - right or wrong.

While China is battling the West over exchange rates, import tariffs and its territorial claims in the South China Sea, Beijing is also lobbying furiously to stall a Western- inspired proposal for a Commission of Inquiry on possible war crimes by the military junta in Burma (Myanmar).

"Such a commission should not be seen as a way to punish the government, but to prevent impunity and help prevent further abuse," says the UN Special Rapporteur on Myanmar, Tomas Ojea Quintana.

But China, which in January 2007 exercised its veto, along with Russia, to prevent Security Council sanctions against Burma, has not shown any willingness to back the proposal - even for a watered-down commission.

"Clearly," says one Asian diplomat, "China is trying to reassert its political clout at the United Nations as a counterweight to its defensive stand on currency and trade issues."

The New York Times newspaper said on Tuesday that the US administration is facing a "confrontational relationship" with an assertive China and is trying to respond to "a surge of Chinese triumphalism" by strengthening Washington's relationship with Japan and South Korea.

US President Barack Obama is planning to visit four Asian countries next month - Japan, Indonesia, India and South Korea - while bypassing China.

Meanwhile, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who needs China's support in the Security Council if he decides to run for a second term next year, is currently on his fourth trip to China, having visited the country in May and July 2008, and in July 2009.

In recent months, China has prevented a Security Council resolution against North Korea over the sinking of a South Korean ship and also tried to suppress a UN report alleging the use of Chinese-made bullets in attacks on UN peacekeepers in Darfur, Sudan.

"China sees value in promoting its image as the Security Council member defending the rights of the developing world, and China sees value in relying on the UN to counter US power," said Linda Jakobson, director of the programme on China and Global Security at the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).

Jakobson, an in-house China expert at SIPRI, points out that Beijing also sees value in participating in UN peacekeeping operations "both because this enhances the image of China as a responsible power but also because it gives Chinese military experience".

Still, China relented to US and Western pressure in supporting four Security Council resolutions imposing sanctions against Iran, one of Beijing's staunchest political, economic and military allies.

The fourth round of sanctions, all of them aimed primarily at Iran's nuclear programme, was imposed in June this year.

Justifying his country's support for the resolution, Chinese Ambassador Li Baodong was quoted as saying that Beijing wanted to make sure that sanctions would not affect the Iranian people or its normal overseas trade.

Jakobson said that China agreed to these sanctions after much deliberation and on the condition that the energy sector was excluded.

"This can be seen as a compromise solution on China's part," she said. "The exclusion of the energy sector was crucial."

Jakobson also pointed out that China wants to protect the massive investments by Chinese energy companies already in Iran or under negotiation with Tehran, and China wants to ensure that its long-term strategic plans for energy security are not threatened.

In a detailed policy paper released last month, and titled "New Foreign Policy Actors in China", SIPRI said the increasing sway of large state-owned energy companies have an increasing influence on foreign policy deliberations in China.

Jakobson, who co-authored the report with Dean Knox, said this is one example of that sway though it is noteworthy that there are other foreign policy actors who presumably were not inclined to advocate China's support of the resolution.

On the other hand, she said, there were presumably actors who advocated China's support for the resolution because China supports non-proliferation and does not want to see Iran go nuclear.

"If China had not supported the resolution, it would reflect badly on China's image and undermine its efforts to portray itself as a responsible global power," Jakobson said.

She said China attaches great importance to the United Nations and would like to see the role of the UN strengthened - though Beijing is wary of many proposals that want to expand Security Council membership and/or give power to members other than the present five permanent members, the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China.

The SIPRI report argues that actors outside the traditional power structure are increasingly shaping China's foreign policy.

Influential new actors on the margins include Chinese state- owned enterprises, especially energy companies, which, due to their widespread international outreach, affect China's bilateral relationships and diplomacy at large.

The others include local governments, especially in border and coastal provinces, which seek more lucrative trade and foreign investment opportunities.

At the same time, there is growing importance of researchers, who serve as advisors to officials and media, and netizens, who constitute a new pressure group that China's leaders at times feel compelled to take into account, not least during international crises.

The findings also point to a fracturing of authority in foreign policy formulation.

Diversification outside China's official decision making apparatus - along with changes within it - means that foreigners can no longer expect to only deal with one government agency or Party organ but must take into account multiple actors that have both a stake and say in the decision-making processes.

A version of this article first appeared on the Inter Press Service News Agency.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2010/10/20101028135728235512.html

No, we are not going to benefit and upset our ally China by accepting cheap loans from Japan. Have you lost your mind? Where was Japan when nations were boycotting Pakistan? China stood firmly by Pakistan. Suddenly Japan has found interest in offering loans to Pakistan when China is investing billions of dollars in various projects. This sudden urge to offer loans is insincere. Wake up and stop acting like a newbie.

Secondly, have some loyalty. Don't switch like a lota here and there. Japan is not a friend of Pakistan. Japan is a friend of India. Why doesn't Japan provide investment instead of offering loans? That too in sectors where China is working.

This time around we are going to be more loyal than the king. China deserves our unquestioned loyalty and support. Nothing will change this.

Why don't Japan invest in the country or offer loans on the projects that are not part of CPEC.

That is a good question. Everyone knows that Japanese loans are politically motivated. Ever since China started CPEC Japan has been watching this whole project with suspicion. That's no secret.

I spoke to a distinguished Japanese professor recently. He is supposed to be an authority on BRICS, but didn't know that CPEC existed. Once I told him about it he started doing research on it. LOL He couldn't hide his disappointment why Japan failed to capitalize first. The Japanese are extremely irked with the Chinese OBOR initiative.

Last edited:
How am I trolling Pakistanis, idiot. Watch your language about who you call retard.

I am probably more patriotic than you are.

Have you read this al jazeera article?

listen you Indian Canadian troll your days are numbered, if not @Oscar then some other competent mod will ban you for trolling Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom