What's new

Pakistan tour of England and Ireland, Only T20I: England v Pakistan at Manchester, Sep 7, 2016

Once in a green moon , the openers work wonders and when it happens , its normally game over real fast

upload_2016-9-7_16-17-42.png

I love Imad Waseem, great find, very confident guy, I hope he will become a permanent player of ODI side as well...

6 4 4 4 4 6 4

Yeh aik over may 7 balls kab say hona shuru ho gai?

I love Imad Waseem, great find, very confident guy, I hope he will become a permanent player of ODI side as well...

Showda player hay. Apnay say baray bol bolta hay.

Once in a green moon , the openers work wonders and when it happens , its normally game over real fast

Don't you think it's more to do with who is the captain? Punjabi ki aik kahawat hay jo may share nai kar sakta warna yahan fit baithti.

@Arsalan i hope you are watching this one. :D
Lolz,
yeah i was!!
It also proves my point, we CANNOT survive the modern game by the defensive approach. Game have evolved and i am not sure how many Azhar's we can afford in a team. One may be? MAX!! All other positions will need good hitters and a couple of guys who can make at least run a ball. Plus all rounders, we need a few more Razzaq and Azhar Mehmood and Afridis!! This is how the game is today.

Lolz,
yeah i was!!
It also proves my point, we CANNOT survive the modern game by the defensive approach. Game have evolved and i am not sure how many Azhar's we can afford in a team. One may be? MAX!! All other positions will need good hitters and a couple of guys who can make at least run a ball. Plus all rounders, we need a few more Razzaq and Azhar Mehmood and Afridis!! This is how the game is today.

It was so entertaining. :)
Yes, we need more all rounders and I have strong feelings, Amir can be a good all rounder. He enjoys batting and play with no fear.
Abdul Razzaq used to win the match on last moments. Sometimes even when there was no hope of winning.
There's a problem with Afridi (though I'm his fan) but he wants to carry the game and team exactly how he wants. He wants to be on the top. To remain in power....match he har jata.

Lolz,
yeah i was!!

Sorry no more afridis.

Good to see a revival in Pakistan cricket. Much needed for the fans and cricket as a whole. Can you please include a few good fielders as well? Pakistan's fielding does not match the current standards at all..

Sorry no more afridis.
He is 5th of all time WORLDS ODI wicket takers!!
Just 2 short of 400, a feat achieved only by Wasim, Waqar, Murli and Vass!! :)
So no doubt we still do need our some Afridi like players, that is what modern game is all about!

It was so entertaining. :)
Yes, we need more all rounders and I have strong feelings, Amir can be a good all rounder. He enjoys batting and play with no fear.
Abdul Razzaq used to win the match on last moments. Sometimes even when there was no hope of winning.
There's a problem with Afridi (though I'm his fan) but he wants to carry the game and team exactly how he wants. He wants to be on the top. To remain in power....match he har jata.
I am not saying to bring them back but to bring in players like them, big hitters good bowlers! That is why i said "Razzaqs" and "Afridis"
:)

Any way, we won the match but the best thing for me was the crowd!! It was amazing and we were playing England in England. It didn't looked that way for a single moment!

He is 5th of all time WORLDS ODI wicket takers!!
Just 2 short of 400, a feat achieved only by Wasim, Waqar, Murli and Vass!! :)
So no doubt we still do need our some Afridi like players, that is what modern game is all about!

He got 395 ODI wickets with an average of 34.51. He had to play 398 ODI's to achieve that.

Not that big of an achievement to be honest. We do need more Razzaq's though.

He got 395 ODI wickets with an average of 34.51. He had to play 398 ODI's to achieve that.

you do know that he started bowling late ?

Sir not a big achievement? are you kidding me? He is 5 short of 400 and i have mentioned you the names of players who have achieved that feat!! I know he have taken much more matches to get there but at the end of the day it will be three Pakistanis in total of five from ALL OVER THE WORLD who have taken 400 wickets, wont he? Is it really not a "big achievement" This is a record that will stay in the history books for a long long time if you look at the players under him in that list. There is no one catching up very soon.

Sir not a big achievement? are you kidding me? He is 5 short of 400 and i have mentioned you the names of players who have achieved that feat!! I know he have taken much more matches to get there but at the end of the day it will be three Pakistanis in total of five from ALL OVER THE WORLD who have taken 400 wickets, wont he? Is it really not a "big achievement" This is a record that will stay in the history books for a long long time if you look at the players under him in that list. There is no one catching up very soon.

He is overrated to be honest. A bowling average of more than 34 and a batting average of above 23. These numbers don't define a great. People only remember the few games that Afridi won and don't remember dozens of games where afridi screwed up.

Yes 395 wickets is a big achievement but still it took him nearly 400 matches to achieve that. I would take razzaq and azhar over any afridi on any day.

you do know that he started bowling late ?

Yeah I know that. Still 398 matches is a big number.

Back
Top Bottom