N/A

Fri Aug 6 - Tue Aug 10
10:00 GMT | 11:00 local
2nd Test - England v Pakistan
Edgbaston, Birmingham
N/A

Fri Aug 13 - Sat Aug 14
Worcestershire v Pakistanis (2-day tour match at New Road on August 13-14 played against England Lions if Worcestershire involved in Twenty20 Finals Day)
County Ground, New Road, Worcester
N/A

Wed Aug 18 - Sun Aug 22
3rd Test - England v Pakistan
Kennington Oval, London
N/A

Thu Aug 26 - Mon Aug 30
4th Test - England v Pakistan
Lord's, London
N/A

Thu Sep 2
09:45 GMT | 10:45 local
Somerset v Pakistanis
County Ground, Taunton
N/A

Sun Sep 5
14:30 GMT | 15:30 local
1st T20I - England v Pakistan
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
N/A

Tue Sep 7
17:00 GMT | 18:00 local
2nd T20I - England v Pakistan
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
N/A

Fri Sep 10
09:15 GMT | 10:15 local
1st ODI - England v Pakistan
Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
N/A

Sun Sep 12
2nd ODI - England v Pakistan
Headingley, Leeds
N/A

Fri Sep 17
3rd ODI - England v Pakistan
Kennington Oval, London
N/A

Mon Sep 20
12:00 GMT | 13:00 local
4th ODI - England v Pakistan
Lord's, London
N/A

Wed Sep 22
13:30 GMT | 14:30 local
5th ODI - England v Pakistan
The Rose Bowl, Southampton
N/A

----------------------
mods please make this thread sticky!!

good thread but why sticky?
Tour is not for infinite time..!!!!!!!!!

I would love to watch the Pakistani swing bowlers coming into action and troubling Englishmen big time.. Batsmen needs to be consistent.

isn't these are too many practice matches.!!!!!!!!!

good thread but why sticky?
Tour is not for infinite time..!!!!!!!!!

I just gave an suggestion....

yeah too many practice matches.... dont know why....

very long tour for Pakistan... June 27 to September 22.

Best of luck to Pakistan. :tup:
:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to watch the Pakistani swing bowlers coming into action and troubling Englishmen big time.. Batsmen needs to be consistent.

yeah me too looking forward for Asif's performance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Afridi issues rallying call ahead of England tour

KARACHI: Pakistan cricket captain Shahid Afridi Saturday asked his players for extra effort on the tour of England as the squad left for London from Sri Lanka.

“It’s a challenging tour because we will face Australia and England,” Afridi told AFP from Colombo. “I have told every player to give extra effort and take every opportunity that comes our way because both rivals are strong.”

Pakistan open the tour with a limited overs match against MCC on June 28 before taking on Australia in two Twenty20 internationals on July 5 and 6 in Birmingham.

They then will play Ricky Ponting’s men in the first of two Tests at Lord’s from July 13 in a series moved out of Pakistan after Australia refused to tour over security fears.

Pakistan will also play four Tests, two Twenty20s and five one-dayers against hosts England on the tour which ends on September 22.

Afridi, who was appointed captain last month following Pakistan’s disastrous tour of Australia, said coping with pressure will be the key.

“Australia is a great side, but the key will be not to take extra pressure and do every effort until the last ball of the match,” said Afridi, who said he was happy with his team’s Asia Cup performance despite losing to Sri Lanka and India.

“I am satisfied with team’s performance because we fought hard in both the matches and showed that if we put extra effort we can beat the best sides,” said Afridi, who smashed centuries against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

India beat Sri Lanka to win the Asia Cup on Thursday.

“We lost both the matches because of poor finishing so this is one area where we have to work and then better results will come,” the big-hitting all-rounder said.

Afridi said England has progressed well in the last year and will prove equally challenging.

“No doubt, England have shown remarkable improvement and the way they are playing in the one-day series against Australia, they are a united team and will be very tough to beat on their grounds,” he said.

“But the boys know their responsibility and are eager to show their talent,” said Afridi, who admitted that he will miss senior batsman Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf on the tour.

“Definitely both Younis and Yousuf will be missed because they are senior players but we have some exciting youngsters who will take their chances and grow in confidence with time,” said Afridi.

Younis and Yousuf were banned indefinitely in March following an investigation into the Australia tour, where Pakistan lost all three Tests, five one-dayers and a Twenty20.

The Pakistan Cricket Board did not give clearance for Younis’s selection despite his ban being overturned earlier this month.

Yousuf retired from cricket in protest over the sanction. —AFP

DAWN.COM | Cricket | Afridi issues rallying call ahead of England tour

Its actually good. I dont know why you guyz are complaining.

You not only get familiar with pitches and conditions but it also gives you the opportunity to newbies and untested players. Especially those who are playing in/against England for the first time.

GB

Its actually good. I dont know why you guyz are complaining.

You not only get familiar with pitches and conditions but it also gives you the opportunity to newbies and untested players. Especially those who are playing in/against England for the first time.

GB

actually the matches are in a very short span of time. Its like tomorrow in london and then after 2 days 90 miles away and next day 90 miles away and then 2 days after 40-50 miles and then another 50-60 or something like that

players will not get rest and they may not be give their 100%

well atleast wanna se pakistan taking revenge for its last tour to england from england in tests and wanna see good fielding in T 20 and odi than we can give them tough times

England have a very decent 1day and Test Side. It will be a tough tour for pakistan, provided pak play to their potential or else it will be 1 sided.

I think England will win the series.

Prepare for another defeat ...

i didnot watch a single pakistani match after that fcuking semi final ...

Prepare for another defeat ...

i didnot watch a single pakistani match after that fcuking semi final ...

rofl........ don't be disappointed boy............ we have plenty of cricket ahead

time to cheer up............... and hope for the best

i am sure finally wins will start coming once again :)

It will be fun to watch a confident England bat against the pace and spin of Pakistan. However, Pakistan's batting seems to be a question mark especially with no Younis Khan. That is where the Test matches can be lost. Let's hope a few new comers get noticed on this tour. This tour will also be a test for Graeme Swann as a spinner. He will be up against an Asian team after quite a long time.

Pakistan tour of England, Tour Match: Marylebone Cricket Club v Pakistanis at Lord's, Jun 27, 2010

Pakistanis 52/0 (4.5/20 ov)

:pakistan:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom