What's new

Pakistan to purchase 50 locomotive engines from china worth 10 billion rupe

@Armstrong asay keh na Air marshal Nur khan! Kon ni janta!
@Armstrong asay keh na Air marshal Nur khan! Kon ni janta!

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the hint and go desi. Just saying :tup:

Simple is that if we dont maintain anything dont give its basics need even a Japaneses engines will be fuckeeeeeeeeeeeed

The best thing to do over here is to give Railways to China for the development & they will get the job done, if Pak Railways stays in corrupt hands then it will just keep getting worse.

I believe China has already offered help to fix Pak Railways but the corrupt Govt. will not allow this to happen because then how will they do corruption.

in the other news:
dawn:

"They have also warned that their expulsion (albeit on technical grounds) from the bid would raise the cost of procurement of locomotives," it said.
The daily said that the point made by the Chinese manufacturers must be looked into and the "railway authorities should come clean on it".
"Just blaming the Chinese manufacturers for the poor quality of engines provided to the railway for keeping them out of the competition will not do, particularly when most of the damage to them has been done because of lack of funds for their proper maintenance and upkeep,"
Chinese locomotives chug into trouble in Pakistan - Yahoo! News India

@topic: i think its better to choose a quality supplier if already the existing are facing the quality issues

The best thing to do over here is to give Railways to China for the development & they will get the job done, if Pak Railways stays in corrupt hands then it will just keep getting worse.

I believe China has already offered help to fix Pak Railways but the corrupt Govt. will not allow this to happen because then how will they do corruption.

I agree. On the same note I believe you should even hand over the Govt of Pakistan to China. I think they will get the job done much better :azn:

What next ? transfer all transport departments, airports and public sector companies to Chinese as well ? Are u sure u r a sovereign nation anymore ? These all ideas of giving public sectors to other countries shows incompetence and nothing else. If u can start and run(hopefully) a BRTS in one of ur city then u surely can run a railway network on ur own as well :tup:

I agree. On the same note I believe you should even hand over the Govt of Pakistan to China. I think they will get the job done much better :azn:

lol... you forgot to include India.....:cheesy:

@Armstrong butt sahab! Nur khan? Kon

65 war hero who took the PIA to first position after being its head.....
well i suppose those engines would be new...
well we need new chiefs and hardworking crew and get rid of corruption..
our railway is still worthy if just corruption is neglected...
no improvements were seen in railway since 70s...
same type of engines..
same speed...
same crew...
same facilities...
same british era constructed station...
no security...
i can get out of any engine and travell without payment and buying any ticket....near station...
we need to improve these things if we wanna live with world...
world is using Bullet trains while we are still using furnice oil engines.....

just make railway,education,PIA and police independent of Government..
soo they can work without any pressure and create their own policies....
thats allz...
here a MPA has influence thats why we are facing all this condition...:coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this cost of only engine or It cost coaches as well???

If it is cost of one engine then
1 engine will cost 2 million USD (2,000,000 USD)

IEML has negotiated the supply of 500 HP motors 1998-1999 and for the next 5 years. As of current
prices, each locomotive costs about Rs 6 crores each. == 1.2 Million USD

Chinese engine should come at lesser price. Can any one tell the specs of these Engine? What is the use of paying more for chinese products?

Can some one give the comparative price of chiniese product and good quality product?

If it's DC traction, your looking at a little under 2 million for a new locomotive. If it's AC traction, it's around 2.5 million or so. That's for 4000-4400 HP. GE is slightly cheaper than EMD. You could get a older used 3000 HP engine probably for around 400-500k.

Under 2 million USD TAG ABB can provide you engine, Look something fishy in the deal. Pakistan should quote 500,000 USD per engine to china. Chinese products should come cheaper.

Surprising news considering their past experiences with Chinese loco , but i guess the know what they want.

Back
Top Bottom