What's new

Pakistan to face economic sanctions if doesn't open NATO routes

Our first step should be to apply for NATO membership.
Our second step should be to supply bulk of NATO soldiers for any mission in Asia and Middle East (at least).

That would be truly win win situation.

That in fact was the original intent behind the creation of Pakistan.

Firstly I've always wondered why Indians likes to spell China with capital C and H?
Second, being sanctioned isn't the end of the world. True it makes things harder but life goes on.
Look at Iran, they are a good current example of how to live life outside the US Dollar.

There is nothing behind capitalising the first two letters, it simply happens that I depress the 'shift' key for a longer duration than necessary.

Comparing Iran and Pakistan are really two different examples, Iran has a domestic industry it can actually support itself. Iran has considerable Oil resources which exports 5% of all the oil in the world, not a small figure. Iran even after unilateral sanctions is able to cut through sanctions and sell Oil to India and China which are happy to receive both as a diplomatic tool to stop US into interfering everywhere it wants -- as I think atleast India want to and Secondly, to get a sweeter deal and a preferred channel to the middle-east, which again I think India wants -- cannot speak about China here. Finally, Iran is not dependent on western countries for meeting its defence needs.

Now, if we consider Pakistan in such a scenario, Pakistan does not have industries to support itself, even if it had, who would buy?
That state spends so much in its defence that its Army cannot dedicate troops to safeguard its western borders (the famous threat from India). There is hardly and law and order, the terrorist are having a free run wherever they want, Baluchistan is on tenterhooks, US is ready to withdraw from Afghanistan. If sanctions do come, what will the position, it should not happen but there are many chances Pakistan will implode.. A nuclear-power imploding and becoming another Afghanistan..

Pray tell me how can you compare these two cases?

There is nothing behind capitalising the first two letters, it simply happens that I depress the 'shift' key for a longer duration than necessary.

Comparing Iran and Pakistan are really two different examples, Iran has a domestic industry it can actually support itself. Iran has considerable Oil resources which exports 5% of all the oil in the world, not a small figure. Iran even after unilateral sanctions is able to cut through sanctions and sell Oil to India and China which are happy to receive both as a diplomatic tool to stop US into interfering everywhere it wants -- as I think atleast India want to and Secondly, to get a sweeter deal and a preferred channel to the middle-east, which again I think India wants -- cannot speak about China here. Finally, Iran is not dependent on western countries for meeting its defence needs.

Now, if we consider Pakistan in such a scenario, Pakistan does not have industries to support itself, even if it had, who would buy?
That state spends so much in its defence that its Army cannot dedicate troops to safeguard its western borders (the famous threat from India). There is hardly and law and order, the terrorist are having a free run wherever they want, Baluchistan is on tenterhooks, US is ready to withdraw from Afghanistan. If sanctions do come, what will the position, it should not happen but there are many chances Pakistan will implode.. A nuclear-power imploding and becoming another Afghanistan..

Pray tell me how can you compare these two cases?

LoL! First i would like to 'CLEAR you that nobody would ever dare to wage full scale war against us, unless or untill our NUCLEAR ASSETS are here with almost 100% secrecy.
Secondly, Balochistan isn't B'desh, and this PAKISTAN is not even like 1971's Pakistan(not to mention khalistan & others).
Sorry to wake you up dude. :D
BALOCHISTAN is going NO WHERE.. ;)
and bombing whole Pakistan is rabbit's dream for his carrot.. And turning it to 'afghanistan' is ant's dream for tonns piece of suger :D
pray to your god more and more but sorry to say that's never gonna happen :D

The situation can't get worse than what is for the people of Pakistan right now. No electricity, prices are sky high, no jobs and no hope. No need to open NATO supply routes let them impose whatever sanctions they want to impose. These traitors of PPP are just giving excuses to open the routes to make their masters happy in Washington.

Caught between a rock and hard place GOP.The people of pakistan and the 'la grande superpower'.They are dead meat anyway.I wish to see how imran khan's jaddoo ki chadi handles this after the elections.On one hand stop drone attacks,on another no aid and economic sanctions,on the other hand economic miracle and end to corruption in 90 days.This will be fascinating.[no sarcasm meant]

Caught between a rock and hard place GOP.The people of pakistan and the 'la grande superpower'.They are dead meat anyway.I wish to see how imran khan's jaddoo ki chadi handles this after the elections.On one hand stop drone attacks,on another no aid and economic sanctions,on the other hand economic miracle and end to corruption in 90 days.This will be fascinating.[no sarcasm meant]
:\ hmm! Buddy. YOUR DREAMS for PAKISTAN.. :)
ye jado ki chari 'self-reliance' hogi.. Just wait till next elections. ;)

Back
Top Bottom