What's new

Pakistan To Construct Rs 1.2 Billion Jinnah Hospital In Kabul...

waz

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pak to construct Rs 1.2b hospital in Afghanistan

ISLAMABAD (APP) - The Government of Pakistan will construct Jinnah Hospital in Kabul at an estimated cost of Rs 1200 million, which would have all the modern health facilities.

A contract signing ceremony was held here Tuesday between the Governments of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Commander National Logistic Cell, Brigadier Nisar Ahmed Mir and Brigadier (Retd) Anjum Saeed on the part of Planning and Development Division signed the agreement.

First Secretary Embassy of Afghanistan, Syed Maluk Fakhar was also present on the occasion.Senior Joint Secretary Planning and Development Division Raja Atta Mohammad on this occasion gave details of the project.

He said Pakistan has already committed an amount of US $300 million for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of Afghanistan.

He told that the planned three-storey hospital would have a capacity of 200 beds with further space available for its expansion to 400 beds.

For this purpose, 25 acres of land has been made available by the Government of Afghanistan, he added.

He said it would comprise 50-bed Thalassemia centre, dialysis centre,surgical wards, besides others facilities.
He said the design of the hospital has been prepared by M/S NESPAK in consultation with Ministry of Health, Afghanistan.

Contract for construction has been awarded to National Logistic Cell, which is also constructing Allama Iqbal Faculty Block at Kabul University, Sir Syed Post Graduate Science Faculty Block in Nangarhar University, Jalalabad, Liaquat Ali Khan Engineering Faculty Block in Bulkh University, Mazar-e-Sharif and Nishtar Kidney Centre, Jalalabad, he added.

Raja Atta said that after completion, all the necessary equipment will be supplied by the government of Pakistan.

About other projects, the Senior Joint Secretary said “Nishtar Kidney Health Centre, Jalalabad is under construction while general hospital at Logar and Fatima Jinnah Nuclear Medicine Centre in Kabul are in the pipeline.”

Besides, Pakistan committed to construct a 100-bed eye hospital, he added.
He said Pakistan has made a donation of 100 buses, 300,000 student kit, 50,000 food packages and 9,600 tents.

About 14 Mobile Medical Units are under fabrication while Afghan officials have got training in Pakistani Institutes, he added.

Work on Chaman-Spin Boldak Railway Link will be initiated and a TV transmitter would also be supplied, he said.

First Secretary Embassy of Afghanistan Syed Maluk Fakhar lauded these
efforts and said that Government of Pakistan is completing different projects especially in health sector of Afghanistan.

He said “Afghan people are thankful for government’s big assistance.”

Chairman PM Inspection Commission Major General Farooq Ahmed, representatives from NESPAK, Finance Division and Planning and Development Division were also present on the occasion.

http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/mar-2007/7/index16.php

Thank God they have some sense to spend millions on some structure rather thn supplying them food worth trillions of rupees. We had been spending millions on education and other things in Afghanistan but that was invisible. i was always in favour of constructing building such as hospitals. now its great that we have some sense

This is a great step on letting people know that our leader too was for peace and prosperity

No point. They are pretty ungrateful when it comes to Pakistan. We are housing 4 million refugees who are making a lot of trouble in Pakistan and yet they say all sorts of crap about Pakistan. I don't see this changing anything really.

No point. They are pretty ungrateful when it comes to Pakistan. We are housing 4 million refugees who are making a lot of trouble in Pakistan and yet they say all sorts of crap about Pakistan. I don't see this changing anything really.

those who are speaking crap are a minority more close to the north and northern alliance and some hostile tribes..the silent majority is not visible but these projects will make them and pak efforts be priased

Pakistan has already pledged over $300 million in aid to Afghanistan and there've been sizeable donations.
We've played a great role in getting international aid for rebuilding the wartorn nation.
Somehow it never seems enough for Mr. Karzai. :disagree:

Brother you are BANG ON the money. These people deserve to be abondened and kicked by us Pakistani's. They are snakes.:sick: :GUNS:

I think we should give them money but should kick there afghan asses out of pakistan

I would like to ask my fellow Pakistanis not to spread hate, instead appreciate the common afghans as long as they mean no harm to Pakistan, and that is the case with most of them.

There is a huge media support from the eastern border of Pakistan in order to spread hate from Afghanistan against Pakistan so a rivalry is created among us, when we like friendship and continuely contribute towards Afghanistan as a friendly nation. After all we have fought together.

I would like to ask my fellow Pakistanis not to spread hate, instead appreciate the common afghans as long as they mean no harm to Pakistan, and that is the case with most of them.
Agreed!

There is a huge media support from the eastern border of Pakistan in order to spread hate from Afghanistan against Pakistan so a rivalry is created among us, when we like friendship and continuely contribute towards Afghanistan as a friendly nation. After all we have fought together.
And look how we get rapaid Webby. If it wasn't for us they would be speaking Russian now!
Insead of seeking our help the chose to deal with our arch rival and allow her secret intelligence to abuse their soil against their own neighbor.
Sorry if I don't fully support your vision, I just don't trust them.

I second that NEO we are the ones who took care of so many afgans for such a long time but they have never aknowledged that.

ooops edited

The construction of the hospital was completed in 2011
PAN%20AF%2007101003%20SS.jpg

KABUL: Second vice president Karim Khalili lays down the foundation stone of Jinnah Hospital Kabul. The hospital will have the capacity of 400 beds and its construction cost of US$19 million is contributed by Pakistan. PAJHWOK/Safiya Saifi

One such more investment

1.-INAUGURATION-OF-LIAQUAT-ALI-AKHAN-ENGINEERNG-FACULTY-BALKH-UNIVERSITY-copy.jpg

investment? this is charity not investment

Back
Top Bottom