What's new

Pakistan To Build 12 New Nuclear Plants

RAPTOR said:
So whater you going to do when the oil and gas deposits run out? what are you goin to power your little car with? subsidies?

there are some many other options to run a car like CNG,bio dielse, hydroegn like In brazil they sems to have majority od the car running on flexi... something which is something like abttery and half fuel.

necessity is the mother of all inventions..remember that.

Prashant said:
there are some many other options to run a car like CNG,bio dielse, hydroegn like In brazil they sems to have majority od the car running on flexi... something which is something like abttery and half fuel.

necessity is the mother of all inventions..remember that.

Then why is India with more then one billion people after nuclear fuel? Anyway. It is strange that India being numero dos when size does matter does have nuclear bombs but is not able to produce reactors.

Munir said:
Then why is India with more then one billion people after nuclear fuel? Anyway. It is strange that India being numero dos when size does matter does have nuclear bombs but is not able to produce reactors.

This is because they never had the techno to make a nuke or a reactor in first place, Russia helped them in nukes

Not all countries who can make nukes can also make reactors. India dosnt has the tech to make reactors yet.

Prashant said:
Sigotoka i didnt get ur pt fully.
do u mean to say that nuclear power is inherently costly and is made viable only thru govt subsidies.is that wht ur saying?

Yes, Nuclear power is more costly than other forms of energy and if it is made viable only thru govt subsidies.

I have no problems with nuclear power plants that are built without subsidies. Unfortunately there are none in the world today which were built wihtout subsidies and in the foresable future there will be none that will be built without govt subsidies.

RAPTOR said:
So then what country are you from? what is your ethnicity?

What if theres no oil in 10 years? tie an indian to a rickshaw and grab a whip? Fuel cell technologies are making progress. Brazil is now a completly oil free economy, they run their cars on Ethanol.

You then go and say we should create a strategic reserve for 3 months supply. Well what the hell are u gonna do after that? :laugh:

And why did you use a pen and a paper to calculate the costs of a Hybrid car? Ever hear of a calculator? How old are u anyway?

Oh and by the way....i Love my SUV and im going to keep buying newer ones even if oil reaches $100 a barrel....So Take that curry boy :crazy2:

You ask about ethnicity, from a distance of twenty meters I have never been able to tell the difference between an Indian and Pakistani. At closer distances you can tell by the differences in Urdu and Hindi. Yet Language is not a function of Ethnicity, there are Afghans who speak Urdu yet are clearly not Pakistani.

The Industrial Revolution started around 1750's and from 1750's to 1913 Oil wasn't the primary source of energy. The world has lived without Oil and can live without Oil in the future. We choose not to live without Oil because it is so easy and convenient and cheap to use. Even at 75 a barrel we use globally more Oil than we used when Oil was $20 a barel. Your statement that you will use Oil in your lovely SUVs (by the way which one do u drive?) even at $100 a barrel is testament that the Price of Oil is fundamentaly still "cheap". You forget that there are over a hundred years proven reserves and that as price of Oil goes up, exploration of Oil increases such that sometimes Reserves can be rising faster than consumption such that this so called "finite" resource can be increasing over time.

Brazil is an Oil free economy but at what cost? The government provides massive subsidies to their Ethanol sector by taxing businesses. That money could be better used to build roads, provide water to the North West and even give cash grants to the poorest families who are grovelling in utter poverty. There is another fact that we learn in Economics. The Value of Subsidies is never Equal to the Value of the Tax unless it is a Head Tax which never happens in any country. The Cost to raise the tax is greater than the amount raised. For eg. for brazil to provide a billion dollar subsidy, they will raise a billion dollar in taxation. But the cost of the taxation to the economy will ALWAYS be more than the Billion. What is the amount of the difference? well it needs analysis which is done by economists and this is called the deadweight loss. This deadweight loss represents a loss for society.

Well if price of Oil goes up dramatically, Nuclear power plants will be built automatically by Private firms because it will become profitable to do it then. Your rationality is equivalent to a man who is thinking of starting a farm, he makes all the plans to grow the crop but then gets very angry. The nearby villagers might come and steal his crops, so he goes and bashes them all with an iron rod.

Mmm......I use a pen paper because it is effective. I also use a calculator with my pen and paper.

I dont know how to reply to the curry boy since I do like curry.

And I am not telling how old I am........Im sorry Raptor, its not you its just that I am not interested in guys. ;)

Munir said:

Nuclear power dioesnt power cars,for gods sakeu shud be knowing that.

india is after nuclear fuel because they want to power their industries and rail through that power.Right now Industires depend on coal ( too bad for enviornment and resources limited) and gas from Middle east(prices volatile)

India is one of the largest producer of energy from wind and solar.

Munir said:

They are just using the ruse of "civilian nuclear technology" to produce bigger and better Nuclear Bombs.....just like they did in the 1960's. Remember, they instigated the Border war in 1962 with China only to get American Weapons.....which was pretty obvious to everyone when the indians asked the US for "submarines" to use against China up in the mountains.

RAPTOR said:
they instigated the Border war in 1962 with China only to get American Weapons......

What weapons did India get after that war.

RAPTOR said:
which was pretty obvious to everyone when the indians asked the US for "submarines" to use against China up in the mountains.

India asked for Us submarines,where di u read that.

You juts can post things if u cant back it up.

There is going to be a lot of Nuclear co-operation between China and Pakistan in the coming years. :thumbsup:

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Aziz seeks Chinese help for N-power
Staff Report
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz said on Tuesday that Pakistan sought Chinese cooperation to meet its target to generate 8,800 megawatts of electricity through nuclear power plants in the next two decades.
Addressing the inaugural ceremony of the three-day Pak-China Energy Forum, Aziz said that Pakistan was negotiating with China for cooperation in nuclear power.
The prime minister also said Pakistan would enhance its exploitation of hydropower to generate cheaper electricity. The two countries would also cooperate in power generation through coal and other energy alternatives, he added. He said the government of Pakistan wanted to develop coal reserves and accelerate indigenous oil and gas production including offshore drilling. “We are also working on various options to import gas from Iran, Turkmenistan and Qatar,” he added.
Around 150 Chinese delegates from the energy sector and 300 delegates from Pakistan are attending the forum, organised by the Ministry of Petroleum.
Aziz said Pakistan was located at the confluence of three vital regions providing the shortest access to the sea for the land locked countries of Central Asia, as well as Western China.
He said Pakistan was also fast emerging as the junction for multiple corridors between South Asia, Central Asia and Western Asia involving energy, trade, transportation and tourism. “For this purpose Pakistan is building a deep water port at Gwadar with the assistance of China. We are interested in developing Gwadar not only as a trans-shipment port but also as an energy port for reliable oil supplies to western China and Central Asia,” Aziz said.
He expressed confidence that the forum would steer the long-time allies towards greater cooperation in energy and reinforce their economic partnership.
Aziz said Pakistan intended to expand its economic cooperation with China particularly in manufacturing, information technology, telecommunications, real estate, petroleum, chemicals and infrastructure.
Hu Deping, Chinese minister and first vice chairman of the All China Federation of Industry and Commerce, said political relations between Pakistan and China had reached a new apex.
Courtesy http://www.DailyTimes.com.pk

sigatoka said:
You ask about ethnicity, from a distance of twenty meters I have never been able to tell the difference between an Indian and Pakistani. At closer distances you can tell by the differences in Urdu and Hindi. Yet Language is not a function of Ethnicity, there are Afghans who speak Urdu yet are clearly not Pakistani.

. ;)

Then you really need to get glasses.!!

By your forced arguments and efforts to convince us that oil will still be "cheap" at $100 a barrel........i can see that your mind has no room whatsoever for absorbing anything else other than what you learn in school. According to you.....the rest of the world is dumb for not trying to be totally dependent on oil and swiching to Hybrid cars and turning to cleaner sources of energy. Brazil is an ethanol based economy, Cuba is making great strides in this and President Bush gave a speech yesterday announcing efforts to switch to corn based ethanol. A lot of American Gas Stations are now going to have Ethanol along side Gasoline . All major car manufactuers are coming out with newer and more efficient HYBRID cars and SUVS... (i should know, i was checking out a Hybrid Lexus SUV) due to be out this summer.

So you can keep harping about how cheap oil is and the rest of humanity is stupid for opting for energy sources other than oil.......unfortunately it will just make your arguments seem more absurd by the minute.

cheers! :cool:

RAPTOR said:
Then you really need to get glasses.!!

By your forced arguments and efforts to convince us that oil will still be "cheap" at $100 a barrel........i can see that your mind has no room whatsoever for absorbing anything else other than what you learn in school. According to you.....the rest of the world is dumb for not trying to be totally dependent on oil and swiching to Hybrid cars and turning to cleaner sources of energy. Brazil is an ethanol based economy, Cuba is making great strides in this and President Bush gave a speech yesterday announcing efforts to switch to corn based ethanol. A lot of American Gas Stations are now going to have Ethanol along side Gasoline . All major car manufactuers are coming out with newer and more efficient HYBRID cars and SUVS... (i should know, i was checking out a Hybrid Lexus SUV) due to be out this summer.

So you can keep harping about how cheap oil is and the rest of humanity is stupid for opting for energy sources other than oil.......unfortunately it will just make your arguments seem more absurd by the minute.

cheers! :cool:

You didnt understand a word of what he said. But then its ok,cant expect anything else from you.

Can u just rerad the post again and try to comprehend what he said and if u still dotn understand dont attack him but ask him what he meant.

is funny how u guys wants to buy nuclear power plant from china but china going to buy their nuclear power plant from japs........ lol

personally i think this cycle is messed up.....

master_fx said:
is funny how u guys wants to buy nuclear power plant from china but china going to buy their nuclear power plant from japs........ lol

personally i think this cycle is messed up.....

Japan doesnt make nuclear power plants.

sigatoka said:
The Industrial Revolution started around 1750's and from 1750's to 1913 Oil wasn't the primary source of energy. The world has lived without Oil and can live without Oil in the future. We choose not to live without Oil because it is so easy and convenient and cheap to use. Even at 75 a barrel we use globally more Oil than we used when Oil was $20 a barel. Your statement that you will use Oil in your lovely SUVs (by the way which one do u drive?) even at $100 a barrel is testament that the Price of Oil is fundamentaly still "cheap". You forget that there are over a hundred years proven reserves and that as price of Oil goes up, exploration of Oil increases such that sometimes Reserves can be rising faster than consumption such that this so called "finite" resource can be increasing over time.

Brazil is an Oil free economy but at what cost? The government provides massive subsidies to their Ethanol sector by taxing businesses. That money could be better used to build roads, provide water to the North West and even give cash grants to the poorest families who are grovelling in utter poverty. There is another fact that we learn in Economics. The Value of Subsidies is never Equal to the Value of the Tax unless it is a Head Tax which never happens in any country. The Cost to raise the tax is greater than the amount raised. For eg. for brazil to provide a billion dollar subsidy, they will raise a billion dollar in taxation. But the cost of the taxation to the economy will ALWAYS be more than the Billion. What is the amount of the difference? well it needs analysis which is done by economists and this is called the deadweight loss. This deadweight loss represents a loss for society.

Well if price of Oil goes up dramatically, Nuclear power plants will be built automatically by Private firms because it will become profitable to do it then. Your rationality is equivalent to a man who is thinking of starting a farm, he makes all the plans to grow the crop but then gets very angry. The nearby villagers might come and steal his crops, so he goes and bashes them all with an iron rod.

Sigatoka, i do understand what youre trying to say..BUT..
The oil industry was also given Massive Subsidies. Ethanol based energy industries will also be given subsidies. The farm sector is given huge Subsidies as is the defense sector. Bottom line is.....oil is a Finite resource...it will run out eventually. That is why the world is now looking for alternate resources resources.

*****censored*****

Oh and if oil goes up more....i do plan on getting the Hybrid Porsche SUV this fall . Right now i Drive a Hummer....and it aint cheap..:lips:

RAPTOR said:
Sigatoka, i do understand what youre trying to say..BUT..
The oil industry was also given Massive Subsidies. Ethanol based energy industries will also be given subsidies. The farm sector is given huge Subsidies as is the defense sector. Bottom line is.....oil is a Finite resource...it will run out eventually. That is why the world is now looking for alternate resources resources.

*****censored*****

Oh and if oil goes up more....i do plan on getting the Hybrid Porsche SUV this fall . Right now i Drive a Hummer....and it aint cheap..:lips:

Raptor i agian say he is not agianst diversifying energy sources,but his point is that nuclear fuels shudnt be considered asa viable alternative as its based on huge govt subsidies.

Back
Top Bottom