What's new

Pakistan to arm fighters with Chinese BVR missiles

Well, knowing the computer that is there on the AIM 120 missile itself, you can know which software it runs, wipe that out and put yours in.

The problem is finding the exact kind of chip it is running which itself is going to be a huge task.

drilling out the source code and wiping it out of the control chips and making such similar modifications would violate the stringent american end-user agreement and stop the yanks from sending the amraams to you...it would have serious repercussions...it's bad for their business...

Frankly do you really think it matters if its old or new? They've compared F-16C/D with the J10. That's what matters. Btw, its from early 2010 I think.

I can quote a 100 articles but then its a question of credibility. You might not consider those sources authentic enough. With CCTV, it is assured that China govt backs those claims, because its a state controlled-run media, and all that is broadcasted is filtered/create by the state.

You can watch the complete video. Its pretty interesting. Compares all aspects of these aircraft.

In that case i shall consider it a mere speculation on your part. Video is in Chinese with English subtitles. Can we really take that as an official source? Who has done this translation and with what intentions. Unless ofcourse some Chinese member can validate what is said in the video.

In that case i shall consider it a mere speculation on your part. Video is in Chinese with English subtitles. Can we really take that as an official source? Who has done this translation and with what intentions. Unless ofcourse some Chinese member can validate what is said in the video.

You can take any chinese member's assistance. No prob.
As it is, with the grades and all it is pretty clear what he is saying.

Don't call it speculation. If its something u don't understand, try to understand it, not deny it.

JagjitNath has mentioned correctly abt J-10's radar.
As if you see the chart where the guest expert is putting the Grade, He put B for J-10 radar and A for F-16 C/D. This clearly shows F-16 C/D uses better radar than J-10.

We donot know in future whether it will be upgraded or not but in current state J-10's radar is not better than F-16 C/D.

If you enlarge the image you can see SD-10 in the picture

JF17-10-113-1736.jpg

You can take any chinese member's assistance. No prob.
As it is, with the grades and all it is pretty clear what he is saying.

Don't call it speculation. If its something u don't understand, try to understand it, not deny it.

Ohh i understand it alright and i also understand the intentions behind. Wasn't you the same Jagginatt who got banned earlier for trolling on the JF-17 thread. So please spare me the high talk. You tube videos are not considered as authentic source.

Ohh i understand it alright and i also understand the intentions behind. Wasn't you the same Jagginatt who got banned earlier for trolling on the JF-17 thread. So please spare me the high talk. You tube videos are not considered as authentic source.

He is correct here, APG 68(V9) is superior to KLJ 10. Lets not indulge in behaviour like this and learn from what the other person is stating, and in this case he's correct.

Its not some made by JF-17Fan youtube video Mr. IceCold.
Its a video of CCTV broadcast. And CCTV is the most authentic source for Chinese defense news.

Everything is secret till it is revealed by the state media in China. And CCTV is the state media.

If you don't want to believe, you're free to stay deluded. But that doesn't change facts. If you've got a source or a proof from authentic sources to counter my claim, then present it. Otherwise just close the browser.

Its not some made by JF-17Fan youtube video Mr. IceCold.
Its a video of CCTV broadcast. And CCTV is the most authentic source for Chinese defense news.

Everything is secret till it is revealed by the state media in China. And CCTV is the state media.

If you don't want to believe, you're free to stay deluded. But that doesn't change facts. If you've got a source or a proof from authentic sources to counter my claim, then present it. Otherwise just close the browser.

I dont need to counter something which has no basis to begin with. You have made a claim based on a youtube video, all i asked for was to provide an authentic source. Am i asking too much? I have seen your arguments before on the JF-17 thread and even though they were thrashed by more informed senior members, yet you chose to keep on the rant until you got banned. So i am not getting into that with you. It will serve no purpose other then derailing the thread.
Hence leave the thread in peace or the moderators may have to leave you in peace.....if u know what i mean.

Good day

He is correct here, APG 68(V9) is superior to KLJ 10. Lets not indulge in behaviour like this and learn from what the other person is stating, and in this case he's correct.

I am no expert and i have never challenged his claims. All i was asking was for an authentic source. Indians hardly come here to debate. They like to bash JF-17 even though their own LCA is still struggling to get inducted. But thats not important, what is important however is a source. Perhaps you can provide me with one. Thanks

I am no expert and i have never challenged his claims. All i was asking was for an authentic source. Indians hardly come here to debate. They like to bash JF-17 even though their own LCA is still struggling to get inducted. But thats not important, what is important however is a source. Perhaps you can provide me with one. Thanks

First of all I never bashed your JF-17.

Secondly a youtube videos is an authentic source IF it is a broadcast. This video is a recording of a CCTV program. It wasn't made by a fanboy, and its pretty clear. That anchor is real and you can see him so many times on CCTV. What on earth is unauthentic about it?

Its just that you don't want to believe. But then that doesn't affect me. :lol:

The anchor in question, Zhang Zhao Zhong, is an officer in PLAN. He is very knowledgeable in most areas of Chinese/world defence but specializes in the navy, for obvious reasons. His assessments are mostly accurate (my opinion) but sometimes you have to take some of them with a grain of salt.

If you don't want to go through the video, here are the screenshots.

j101.jpg

j102n.jpg

who the hell added those subtitles ,i've watched that program,Zhang shaozhong never said “KLJ-10 is an inferior radar compared to APG-68”. can KLJ-10 track 10 target at same time,maybe not,military officers never revealed the exact detection range of KLJ10, they only admitted that overall capabilities of J10 was inferior to F16C.Zhang shaozhong like talking nonsense on CCTV,last week he said LCA was twin-engine jet ,we always suspect one of his main tasks is to confuse our opponents

according to the most authentic source ,this is Mirage 2000

Last edited:
who the hell added those subtitles ,i've watched that program,Zhang shaozhong never said “KLJ-10 is an inferior radar compared to APG-68”. can KLJ-10 track 10 target at same time,maybe not,military officers never revealed the exact detection range of KLJ10, they only admitted that overall capabilities of J10 was inferior to F16C.Zhang shaozhong like talking nonsense on CCTV,last week he said LCA was twin-engine jet ,we always suspect one of his main tasks is to confuse our opponents

Thanks man:tup:......you just made my day. This was what i was referring too when i questioned the you tube video.

Back
Top Bottom