What's new

Pakistan teaches France a $25 bln lesson for delays on JF-17 parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delays? France denied the equipment on account of no faith in the Pakistani economy to pay them!
Stop finding ways to delude yourselves. The total order of JF17s will not cross 25 billion. (At current prices that would require 1250 planes)

Hello! Can we please stick to the thread? Bringing in India, or Bangladesh is not the topic at hand. Not to digress, Pakistan is much stronger militarily than it was back in 1971; it was very weak back then. My fellow Indian collegues always point that out, and yes that is true, but that was close to 40 years ago. Both countries have nukes now, and that changes the equation. Neither country can really threaten each other militarily.

However, kindly please recall the mighty Soviet Union fell apart, showing military power is not everything. Rather building a unified national identity, with a strong law and order, and with a strong financial base is key. Pakistan needs to work on its finances and law and order situation, and it will (but not fast enough for me personally). However, currently she cannot throw any weight around in the financial arena or threaten no business deals, as the country needs loans to get by. Just the sad reality of the "so-called democratic" current leaders.

As mentioned before, this thread is old, and is not relevant. Also, this topic has been discussed extensively in the economics section.

Delays? France denied the equipment on account of no faith in the Pakistani economy to pay them!
Stop finding ways to delude yourselves. The total order of JF17s will not cross 25 billion. (At current prices that would require 1250 planes)

Pay attention and read the scope of the thread before writing your useless sarcastic comments. I know it pisses you off when ever you read about Pakistan's success, but you can always take stomach soothing and gas medication available off the counter to deal with stomach cramps. Do some useful contribution to PDF.

Indian defeat was never an objective but the post 1947 balance sheet is not necessarily against Pakistan despite all your numerical and qualitative advantages.

1947: Kashmir: why does the Indian government accuse Pakistan of illegal occupation of a big chunk of Kashmir? i.e. becasue we captured it in 1947. A definate plus for Pakistan. This is now called Gilgit Baltistan and fully integrated into Pakistan unlike Indian occupied Kashmir.

1964: Ran of Katch: Your a$$es got whipped

1965: In response to a minor border incursion on the disputed Kashmir border you guys started a full fledged invasion on the international border with the objective of having a double peg at the Lahore Gymkhana by the evening. In turn you guys got your a$$es whipped again at land, in the air and the sea. Hardly a victory for India.

1971: East Pakistan. I will give this one to you. You guys were smart enough to go after our weak underbelly by initiating a civil war, leveraging your friendship with the Soviets for equipment and your 11 to 1 numerical advantage on the eastern front. Hardly any ything to be really proud off but still you get the credit. You guys paid a very heavy price for that victory and are still paying becasue we will not forget. Remember what happened to the 3 key players responsible for this debacle Indira Gandhi, Mujib-ur-Rehman and Zulfiqar Bhutto. Our decision to go nuclear at its roots in this event.

1999: Kargil. We were sitting on your land. All fighting was on your land. You never gained an inch of our land and there are reports that some Indian land is still under Pakistani control. You lost 3 aircraft and 1 helicopter. Pakistan none. The number of casulties were about the same or maybe more on the Indian side. The purpose of this incursion was to test the nuclear deterence. It was tested and it did work. So despite all the bollywood movies and Indian propaganda you guys really lost this one.

2001-2002: Operation Parakram: Stand-off after the parliment attack. India mobilised and lost nearly 1,000 men through accidents and blasts without firing a bullet in anger. Nuclear deterence worked

2008 Mumbai Attack response: Despite all the hot air, Indian did not have the balls to do any thing. Nuclear deterence worked again.

I guess I reserve my reply for a relevant thread, for it will be long one and here it is liable to be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom