What's new

Pakistan summons US envoy, lodges protest drones attacks

Fatman sir, nice to see you on a non-hardware thread!

What is your personal opinion on the drones and what Pakistan should be doing in response?

Pakistan needs to take a call on:

1.What its stand is on Drone strikes within its land. As of now its like .. you hit me now but dont hit me again !

2. How does the intel reach US ? . It began with with inputs being provided by Pak but now the drones seem to have a mind of their own.

3.What it can or cannot do when the next attack happens. This has military, economic and political repercussion. Not necessarily in that order. Can Pak take what it gets in response to retaliation if any on its part ?

The answers to these may provide inputs on the way forward.

There is nothing much the Pakistani political system can do, should show the people of Pakistan that they are working.

the way we are reading about so many drone attacks along with bomb blasts which we also find linked with CIA, why dont the people of Pakistan in the number over 100,000 just come together on the Afghan-Pakistan border to say that we dont want our people to be bombed? just unite over 200,000 to 1 mil people and walk to the border to show your strength and confirm, we can defend ourselves?

one interesting thing i always notice, whenever drones drop bombs by mistake, we read bomb blast somewhere in pakistan/Afghanistan which i think is intended to take out attention of pakistan/Afghanistan from the casualty of drone attacks. as, why would militants do suicide bombing on their own people walking on the streets, like in Kandhar today itself, please read first two paragraph of the news I have.....

its no doubt that no matter how good intentions US had while going for this so called War On Terror, its US/CIA who has made more terror in the people of that region. thats why I just dont want India to interfere in this region no matter what. so much mess CIA has made there, they first have hands in suicide bombing attacks in that region and at the same time now they are found to be running terrorist camps there also. I would never like to see India part of this much mess made by US in Afghan. I would even propose India to withdraw its every worker working in Afghan even for construction works also until all these things are continuing there. as, I dont think India may achieve something very big there if whole NATO were failed till now. India will only waste its money and reputation if they will put their hands in this mess.........

but I do welcome any move by China+Russia+Central Asian Countries if they all together may help this region become peaceful, like how SCO currently is discussing Afghan issue right now :tup:

@S_19: I am not sure how much you are appraised about involvement of India in Afganistan, but it is true that INDIA is there in Afganistan ...But of course it is beyond the capacity of India to create any military impact in Pakistan/Afganistan....
So whatver is happening is both trouble some area...both Pakistan and Afgan to sort it out their own internal mess....Now India will be there for all the developmental and economic activity....

pakistan shut the f0ck and order intercept to your AF .:hitwall:

pakistan shut the f0ck and order intercept to your AF .:hitwall:
no, we don't want to be considered as the enemy on this WOT, that won't be an effective way to "stop" drone strikes, there will be far greater repercussions

Pakistan needs to take a call on:

1.What its stand is on Drone strikes within its land. As of now its like .. you hit me now but dont hit me again !

2. How does the intel reach US ? . It began with with inputs being provided by Pak but now the drones seem to have a mind of their own.

3.What it can or cannot do when the next attack happens. This has military, economic and political repercussion. Not necessarily in that order. Can Pak take what it gets in response to retaliation if any on its part ?

The answers to these may provide inputs on the way forward.

1. drone strikes were always protested against from the start, it appears its only now people are jumping on the bandwagon.

2. Inputs are still being provided with assistance and approval from Pakistan. People need to understand the US isn't randomly pushing buttons and landing drones wherever they feel like it, intelligence officials amongst both countries are in constant discussion with regards to the usage and placement of the drones.

3. The Pakistani people can only continue to protest and the government will also protest in an attempt to show that they are loyal to the people. But we all know, the foreign policy initiated by the US will not change with these protests and demonstrations. As for the military doing something, nobody is going to order to shoot the drones down as that will not be looked favorably by the Americans and can and will result in military repercussions. The US cannot impact or effect the economic and political condition of Pakistan considerably either. They might cut AID but that's it. Rather, shooting the drones down will worsen Pakistan's image as an "ally" in the US and lead to even more mistrust among the two nations.

And the oscar for the best acting category goes to the pakistani establishment for its performance in the film "drone stike" :lol:

At least NATO supplies are now blocked and majority of US Trainers have been sent back. US is definitely heading towards USSR sort of disaster in Afghanistan. :)
Drone attacks - the only possible thing other than retaliation by PAF is to keep NATO supplies blocked even after an apology by NATO.

Back
Top Bottom