What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 2 Cruise Missile.

Here you go guys.

image_resize.aspx

image_resize.aspx

BABUR 1 - A not Babur 2 with not a single upgrade to engine or Fuel efficient . more like a Shaheen 1 A updates

If you want to know what Enhanced aerodynamics and Avionics means, Follow the upgrades of Tomahawk. Most probably, it can loiter before hitting target, They might have added a datalink into missile , Can fly over the featureless water. (TERCOM needs features on land to distinguish where it is going.

Remember the MoDP report Pakistan is creating Anti Ship and Land versions of Missile
True. It look like they have enhanced the previous versions and improve some features.

Congrats to all those involved in the project. It's one of the best news of this year

In the video i posted in post #15 , you can briefly see the launch platform.
@HRK screen shots will be more informative.

will see it later but the very first thing I noticed about the test after hearing this news (& off-course visiting the ISPR site)

old launcher of babur Missile.jpg
old launcher of babur Missile-2.JPG

4 tube version of the launcher ..... will post any other observation after watching video (only if I find it necessary)

new test of Hataf IV Babar Missile 14-12-2016 (Quad pack).jpg

Last edited:
Congrats for the successful trial.
And our scientists are busy taking trials of BVR missiles and turning up short and near miss and what not.

Rather added some features like attacking sea targets... Seems they changed/tweaked its seeker aswell.
I heard there are five cameras used on Babur to back TERCOM navigation. Well it is time to read Toma Hawk cruise missile in detail because detailed analysis of babur is not available any where nor my NESCOM contacts will leak out a tiny information about it. Bastard Desh Baghats. :(

Is this one the latest? Mention source please, i have to upload on FB page.
Still you didn't posted this news on FB. Disgusting.

BABUR 1 - A not Babur 2 with not a single upgrade to engine or Fuel efficient . more like a Shaheen 1 A updates

If you want to know what Enhanced aerodynamics and Avionics means, Follow the upgrades of Tomahawk. Most probably, it can loiter before hitting target, They might have added a datalink into missile , Can fly over the featureless water. (TERCOM needs features on land to distinguish where it is going.

Remember the MoDP report Pakistan is creating Anti Ship and Land versions of Missile

Not entirely true, so to clarify a bit more:

A. Babur-I version 1: Introduced in 2005, <700km range, Ground-launched, could hit only strategic targets.
B. Babur-I version 2: Introduced now, 700km range, Ground-launched, can hit conventional targets on land and sea.

C. Babur (probable undesignated variant in development): Ship-launched Babur-I version 2
D. Babur SLCM (rumored designation Babur-II, in development): ~700-1000km range, Submarine-launched.

Babur I version 2 has upgrades to range, avionics, RCS and targeting capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom