What's new

Pakistan successfully conducted training launch of SSBM Shaheen-1

This apparently is basic Shaheen I
not 1A
Fluke is wrong, but you still get a cookie

541494_2_1_retail-cb70233972cc4d19109da800d07a1b3b18b3acc0_642x428.jpg

Isint RAAD 2 Operational?
PM

What's the point of calling it SSBM? All ballistic missiles are surface to surface even when they Target aircraft carrier

Some are sub-launched (submarine-submerged), known as a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM). Submerged launches are not considered surface-launches. Americans also experimented with air-launched ballistic missiles (ALBM) called GAM-87 Skybolt, but abandoned the programme.

But I do understand that there is no point in referring to it as SSBM. The lay audience wouldn't understand the terminology, even if you use the proper terms like SRBM, MRBM, IRBM, ICBM, SLBM, ALBM, GLCM, SLCM, ALCM, etc. In fact, that might be more confusing to them. The target audience, however, is quite learned and needs little to no explanation on the classification of the concerned missile.

Some are sub-launched (submarine-submerged), known as a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM). Submerged launches are not considered surface-launches. Americans also experimented with air-launched ballistic missiles (ALBM) called GAM-87 Skybolt, but abandoned the programme.

But I do understand that there is no point in referring to it as SSBM. The lay audience wouldn't understand the terminology, even if you use the proper terms like SRBM, MRBM, IRBM, ICBM, SLBM, ALBM, GLCM, SLCM, ALCM, etc. In fact, that might be more confusing to them. The target audience, however, is quite learned and needs little to no explanation on the classification of the concerned missile.
Agreed

It hit in middle of where camera was pointing .. I guess that's very accurate

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom