What's new

Pakistan Stock Market is the World's Best Performer Over 1 Year & 5 Years

With market cap of just USD90 billion, you just don't have enough for us baniyas to invest. The 5 most richest man in India can buy 100% stake in all of the companies listed at PSX, are you Ok with that? Furthur with such low credit ratings, who would risk his investments.
Just a few years ago trading at your stock exchanges were stopped by the govt and there was sort of rioting by the investors, that's how valatile your stock exchanges are.

And lastly, a newly set up kirana shop near my place has doubled its sales over the last year. Seems he is doing better than PSX. Next time try comparing yourself with someone of your level. Maybe start Bangladesh's stock exchange.

dont say who can buy or not

Our only fuckin Zardari is enough to buy your WHole India dammmm

The Richest people dont work for nations they only make profit for themselves

Wake Up and Grow

I invested all my money in Brazil and Russia...They don't have bomb blasts every other day..My investment is safe there. thanks

stock-markets-png.364763
No one spends his whole money in stock exchanges, especially a sensitive person surely wont do it. You are talking big.....i guess you must be a broke who is unable to pay his internet bill

Last edited:
The way these bharatis are concerned about Pakistan I am confused when we employed these dewar bhabhi sex fans as our munshi? :rolleyes:

its touching their so concerned for our well beingo_O

Thank you nawaz sharif. You are able to put economy on track.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2016/12/pakistan-stock-market-is-worlds-best.html

Pakistan's KSE100 (Karachi Stock Exchange 100) index closed the year 2016 as the world's best performing stock market index over one-year and five-year periods, according to data available from Bloomberg. It has not only outperformed India's Sensex index but also the Morgan Stanley Emerging Markets index.

Source: Bloomberg

Pakistan's key index KSE-100 has rocketed up nearly 46% in 2016, far outpacing India's Sensex's 2.57% rise and MSCI emerging market's 8.42% increase. Similarly, over 5 year period, KSE-100 has soared 321% vs India's Sensex rise of 72% and Morgan Stanley emerging market index decline of 7.72%.

Source: Bloomberg

Pakistani stock market gains are driven by multiple factors. Dramatically improved security has brought investors and accelerated the nation's GDP growth. Adding to that is the optimism accompanying Morgan Stanley's decision to bring Pakistan back into its emerging market index that has spurred more buying by foreign index fund managers.

Other major indicators such as rising cement and energy consumption as well as growing sales of motorcycle and automobiles. A big driver of these improvements is the Chinese commitment of more than $50 billion to finance China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is expected to add over 2 million direct and indirect jobs to Pakistan's economy and boost the country's GDP growth rate to 7.5%. If all goes well and on schedule, of the 21 agreements on energy– including gas, coal and solar energy– 14 will be able to provide up to 10,400 megawatts (MW) of energy by March 2018. According to China Daily, these projects would provide up to 16,400 MW of energy altogether. In addition, there will be roads, rail tracks and oil and gas pipelines stretching thousands kilometers to connect Pakistan's Arabian sea ports to landlocked Western China.

After years of underinvestment and slow growth, Pakistan is finally seeing a lot of investment and development activity. Pakistan's economic recovery is in full swing with double digit growth in multiple industries, including auto, pharma, chemicals, cement, fertilizers, minerals, etc. It is expected to pick up steam over the next several years with new investments on the back of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor related projects. The challenges to sustain this growth ranging are many, among the biggest are continuous improvement in security, maintaining political stability and timely execution of projects.

Related Links:

Haq's Musings

China-Pakistan Economic Corridor

Investors Undeterred By Modi's Threats to Isolate Pakistan

ADB Raises Pakistan GDP Forecast

Growing Middle Class in Pakistan

Rising Energy Consumption

China-Pakistan Economic Corridor

Pakistan's Thar Desert Sees Development Boom

Gwadar vs Chabahar Ports

http://www.riazhaq.com/2016/12/pakistan-stock-market-is-worlds-best.html

what is the return since inception of the exchange ??

what is the return since inception of the exchange ??
Best way to know is invest in the stock market or ask the financial gurus. But if there is a report in international media center like Bloomberg then there would be some weight in it.

Best way to know is invest in the stock market or ask the financial gurus. But if there is a report in international media center like Bloomberg then there would be some weight in it.

I am curious what the historical return for stocks in pakistan.

I know a lot of folks who made outsized gains in stock market in India and USA. I know the gains cannot be replicated.

If the Pakistani economy improves there is scope for more gains here. I see a lot of risks too.

I am curious what the historical return for stocks in pakistan.

I know a lot of folks who made outsized gains in stock market in India and USA. I know the gains cannot be replicated.

If the Pakistani economy improves there is scope for more gains here. I see a lot of risks too.
well, it depends on several factors while investing in stock markets some are which shares you are buying and when to sell them to gain maximum benefits. And other stuff as well (security and political situation). All the best stock market investors will tell you these aspects.

And Indian and American markets might be giving benefits to investors but it also depends upon the skills on investors themselves. And there are always risks not only in Stock Markets but in every new innovation , product or services launched.

well, it depends on several factors while investing in stock markets some are which shares you are buying and when to sell them to gain maximum benefits. And other stuff as well (security and political situation). All the best stock market investors will tell you these aspects.

And Indian and American markets might be giving benefits to investors but it also depends upon the skills on investors themselves. And there are always risks not only in Stock Markets but in every new innovation , product or services launched.
i am looking at the complete index as a whole. there is scope always for individual companies to emerge.

Back
Top Bottom