What's new

Pakistan shows who’s the boss

All of a sudden today several editorials are echoing the same thing...

They may be prepping up the ground work to go like "Oh Pakistan keeps blocking the supply route so we have to pullout".

They may be prepping up the ground work to go like "Oh Pakistan keeps blocking the supply route so we have to pullout".

:partay: if that can give some solace to failed war strategists in Washington i will be more than happy to do them this favour as well.

In truth, the supply has not been totally blocked...

_49347055_pak_afgh_convoy464.gif

There is a new route and most of the goods are being brought to Jacobabad and air lifted to Afghanistan safely. I'm guess the essential stuff is still being delivered, while each government is playing up the BS for local consumptions.

Americans are worrying about lack of supply as the US government wants them to, Pakistanis are getting an ego boost after their soldiers were killed as the Pak government wants them to.

Even Obama will not give such a lame reason. Therefor, I would put some different words after the word so in your sentence..

Even Obama will not give such a lame reason. Therefor, I would put some different words after the word so in your sentence..
To explain it in Arabic: "Maafi Faloos". There's no money to say those words that you want Obama to.

To explain it in Arabic: "Maafi Faloos". There's no money to say those words that you want Obama to.

Short hand in Arabic. You will need to translate for me please..

I dont know for sure what you are implying, but attacking Pakistan is surely not the option I was refering to (if you mean that)..

lol nicely said
but Obama plans what CIA told him and as 80% of supplies are via Pakistan and if they want to change it then more $$ needed which Tax payers are not willing too and Obama needs to go back to Tax payers for next selection (election what ever).....

They need story for Tax Payers for coming Selection thingi and Pakistan is in front seat to make sure WOT goes in right directions...

:pakistan::pakistan:

From pakistani pov this incident was a test,how much intimidation is pakistan going to bear.If no action had been taken like in case of drone attacks,more strikes would have followed,though i am still not sure this is the end of it all.Lets wait and see how will US respond.

This article is pretty pathetic and not even worth a read. To suggest that Pakistan can OPENLY and BALATENTLY stop the American + NATO supply and get away with it is nothing but stupid and childish thinking. Pakistan has never dreamt of doing this before and can never do it in the future. If Pakistan was so serious and furious then why only block the TORKHAM route and leave the CHAMAN route open !!!. It is an open secret that the drone attacks are being carried out with tacit agreement of Pakistan Govt. and Pakistan Army.

This leaves us with the question that "what else Pakistan Army wants to achieve by blocking this supply route" ? The answer to this lies not what happens in Pakistan from Afghanistan but what is really happening inside Pakistan (and the current political + legal situation). There is no hidding to the fact that A P Kayani does NOT like Zardari and many of its ministers (and I support him in this). But, the chances of over throwing the Govt. with any unconstitutional means are less than a million. Gen Kayani has clearly asked the Govt. to get rid of a number of ministers (the corrupt ones - I am not sure if there are any un-corrupt ministers in the Govt.) on a number of occassions. The Govt. did not do any thing. Therefore, the supreme court was sprung into action and on 27th Sept. the chances were that prime minister will be disqualified, but this was averted at the last minute. Now several judgements from supreme court are waiting to be passed (NRO case, 18th amendment case etc. etc.). This blocking of supply route is a stretegic move from Gen Kayani to get the NATO and US interested in the "clean up operation" of Pakistan Govt. (you may recall the statement from white house representative yesterday "pakistanis want a govt. that can give them good governance - very much what Gen Kayani has been saying for months). This Govt. came in to power with US support and cannot survive if this support is withdrawn. Gen Kayani has adopted the position that if you (the US) have brought them in power then ask them to give us a clean and good governance. US cannot argue against this. Gen Kayani wants US to clean up the mess so that Pak Army is not blamed in meddling with the political issues. If this fails then the second line of action will be Supreme court. This Govt. will have to clean itself one way or the other. Gen Kayani is a smart and honest guy and I support him.

As far as the "innocent Pakistanis" or the poor soldiers are concerned, who get killed regularly; to be very frank no body gives a damn. This is the real world and truth is often harsh.

This article is pretty pathetic and not even worth a read. To suggest that Pakistan can OPENLY and BALATENTLY stop the American + NATO supply and get away with it is nothing but stupid and childish thinking. Pakistan has never dreamt of doing this before and can never do it in the future. If Pakistan was so serious and furious then why only block the TORKHAM route and leave the CHAMAN route open !!!. It is an open secret that the drone attacks are being carried out with tacit agreement of Pakistan Govt. and Pakistan Army.

This leaves us with the question that "what else Pakistan Army wants to achieve by blocking this supply route" ? The answer to this lies not what happens in Pakistan from Afghanistan but what is really happening inside Pakistan (and the current political + legal situation). There is no hidding to the fact that A P Kayani does NOT like Zardari and many of its ministers (and I support him in this). But, the chances of over throwing the Govt. with any unconstitutional means are less than a million. Gen Kayani has clearly asked the Govt. to get rid of a number of ministers (the corrupt ones - I am not sure if there are any un-corrupt ministers in the Govt.) on a number of occassions. The Govt. did not do any thing. Therefore, the supreme court was sprung into action and on 27th Sept. the chances were that prime minister will be disqualified, but this was averted at the last minute. Now several judgements from supreme court are waiting to be passed (NRO case, 18th amendment case etc. etc.). This blocking of supply route is a stretegic move from Gen Kayani to get the NATO and US interested in the "clean up operation" of Pakistan Govt. (you may recall the statement from white house representative yesterday "pakistanis want a govt. that can give them good governance - very much what Gen Kayani has been saying for months). This Govt. came in to power with US support and cannot survive if this support is withdrawn. Gen Kayani has adopted the position that if you (the US) have brought them in power then ask them to give us a clean and good governance. US cannot argue against this. Gen Kayani wants US to clean up the mess so that Pak Army is not blamed in meddling with the political issues. If this fails then the second line of action will be Supreme court. This Govt. will have to clean itself one way or the other. Gen Kayani is a smart and honest guy and I support him.

As far as the "innocent Pakistanis" or the poor soldiers are concerned, who get killed regularly; to be very frank no body gives a damn. This is the real world and truth is often harsh.

So for Gen Kayani, in the sequence of available recources to address corruption in Pakistani politics, USA figures higher than the Pakistani Supreme court?

Wake up to reality..the dollar suddenly does not hold strength as it did earlier..in urdu we say...jis ka sikka uss ka qanoon! (rough translation in english would "powerful is one whose currency runs the show")

Back
Top Bottom