What's new

Pakistan set to get 32 Billion Dollars from Out of Country Pakistani

Remittances were never the issue for Pakistan, on the CAD side it's weak export competitiveness relative to huge imports.
To illustrate this point, you can see the here breakdown.

IMF + remittances are the plaster taped atop a gangrenous wound. The last government didn't even bother to plaster and the whole mess was ripe around 2018.

But believe me, we're going nowhere without massive institutional reform, dialling back elite capture, and then building the export base to fix the CAD issue, improve investment/savings ratio to boost capital formation and spur growth, and also improve the tax collection (incl. and especially taxing the wealthy).
It's the lack of dollar inflow that's the problem. Exports should increase but remittances can help temporarily

Remittances were never the issue for Pakistan, on the CAD side it's weak export competitiveness relative to huge imports.
To illustrate this point, you can see the here breakdown.

IMF + remittances are the plaster taped atop a gangrenous wound. The last government didn't even bother to plaster and the whole mess was ripe around 2018.

But believe me, we're going nowhere without massive institutional reform, dialling back elite capture, and then building the export base to fix the CAD issue, improve investment/savings ratio to boost capital formation and spur growth, and also improve the tax collection (incl. and especially taxing the wealthy).
WOT was a huge hit to Pakistani exports (as well as to PIA). This has now ended opening a window to boost exports not seen in years. Import surges are driven mostly by energy imports. Thar coal, local hydro and solar are now the cheapest energy sources available to Pakistan (and are plentiful). Biggest structural change needed is to boost domestic energy production and reduce energy imports.

It's the lack of dollar inflow that's the problem. Exports should increase but remittances can help temporarily

Remittances are just about enough to stop us drowning for now. But if other countries continue outpacing us in growth, our endemic lack of reforms will eventually be sorted out via angry mobs of starving peasants who are backed by angry low/middle class Pakistanis.

I sure hope the elite's farmhouses, housing societies and estates are good natural defensive positions. If the elite buy any plots or property, they'd be best maybe to buy them on high ground, lest the scum decide to revolt.

He is the prime minister not the emperor of Pakistan. His powers are defined by the framework of constitution. He can’t do jack about the decision of Supreme Court or in matters that come under province. In fact, the Supreme Court can send him packing if they perceive contempt.
I am well aware of his limits.

But his silence is enough to show his sincerity
Who were the begging donkeys before Imran Khan? Care to name and shame them? Bughaz ImraniView attachment 808908

Investigate before buying. Use brains. Don't be a jerk
You think I give a f about zardari nawaz or all other low life gali mohallay ke daaku ?

It doesn’t suit a person of my caliber to even give a f about these low life bastards who got their way into national assembly with God knows what ugly ways.

I am well aware of his limits.

But his silence is enough to show his sincerity
Like I said. Contempt of court is a ticket out. Not only can he not do anything about it but also not say anything against the courts.

Overseas Pakistanis love Pakistan more then anything but it’s sad many Pakistanis from Pakistan hate overseas Pakistanis and treat us like we’re not even Pakistani.

i agree they see as agents but all traitors are born in pak.

Like I said. Contempt of court is a ticket out. Not only can he not do anything about it but also not say anything against the courts.
Dil behlanay ko khayal acha hai ghalib.

Forget courts, Forget everything. What about the shitshow PPP has done in KHI ? Street crimes on the rise, Afghanis, Sindhis and Siraikis wrecking havoc here and there in private property of respected families residing in Karachi from all over Pakistan ?

He is a “GADHA”, “Jahil”.

Heck, I am abusing the beautiful animal “Gadha” by associating with this heroinchi.

Dil behlanay ko khayal acha hai ghalib.

Forget courts, Forget everything. What about the shitshow PPP has done in KHI ? Street crimes on the rise, Afghanis, Sindhis and Siraikis wrecking havoc here and there in private property of respected families residing in Karachi from all over Pakistan ?

He is a “GADHA”, “Jahil”.

Heck, I am abusing the beautiful animal “Gadha” by associating with this heroinchi.
What exactly you propose he do? Other than an out of control (and racist) rant. Lay down what should be done?

What exactly you propose he do? Other than an out of control (and racist) rant. Lay down what should be done?
Nothing racist here.

It would have been racist if the said people weren’t committing the majority of crimes. They have their own villages and cities, Why Dont they stay there instead of making our lives miserable ?

Nothing racist here.

It would have been racist if the said people weren’t committing the majority of crimes. They have their own villages and cities, Why Dont they stay there instead of making our lives miserable ?
Let’s get back to my question. What do you propose the PM should do. Better yet, if you were the PM what exactly would you have done?

Pakistani corrupt Politicians be like...
1642289173962.png

I am not sure why we can’t get gas from Iran, I know some sanctions are in place but I thought Indians were still getting oil from there..

Now we must get exports up to $50 Billion while capping imports in the $30 Billion - $40 Billion range through increased domestic energy production.

Possible if import substitution is implemented along side resource management.

The “easiest” yet hardest way to do it is domestic energy production. If we can get more efficient with our water usage, excess water can be used to turn Thar coal in to diesel fuel. Not environmentally friendly but Pakistan emits so little per capita that if it doesn’t provide for itself it won’t get credit for its environmental record. Just the reduction in energy imports will dramatically shift the countries finances.

At the same time, if we invest in water management we can grow higher quality (organic) food to export and earn higher profits for the same kinds of crops. With profits, investments in crop yields can raise the export revenue even higher. Creating a virtuous cycle. Pakistan is so far behind that proper reinvestment into modern agriculture can net a 3-5 fold yield increase in crop yields. It is also possible we can increase arable land by 55% (from 45 million acres to 70 million acres) with the dams being constructed as well as more dams needed in KPK, Punjab and Sindh in key locations.

Last edited:
Overseas Pakistanis love Pakistan more then anything but it’s sad many Pakistanis from Pakistan hate overseas Pakistanis and treat us like we’re not even Pakistani.
They are jealous cuz their life suck and they couldn’t get out of their miserable routine. On the other hand, I have seen lowlife Pakistanis who got lucky and somehow made it to US or Europe and than started acting like god, specifically those that are educated and found a professional well paying job. Labor class is not far behind, they will use every opportunity to flash off $2 extra they earned to their relatives in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom