What's new

Pakistan seeks early aid & drone technology

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Pakistan Friday raised its deep concern with the visiting US Acting Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Frank Ruggiero over unabated drone strikes and termed them counterproductive in bringing peace and stability in the region.

This was the crux of talks the visiting dignitary held separately with Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and COAS Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Both the Pakistani officials during their meetings, in which host of issues of mutual interest were discussed, stressed the need for transferring drone technology to Pakistan so that it could tackle the challenges in fighting terrorism effectively.

Well-placed diplomatic sources informed The Nation that both the foreign ministers and the COAS called for early US consideration of Pakistan’s demand for transfer of drone technology. Sources said Obama Administration had promised to consider Pakistan’s demand positively. According to ISPR, the visiting US dignitary called on Gen Kayani and both discussed matters of mutual interest.

Earlier, Foreign Minister Qureshi during his meeting with Ruggiero raised the issue of constant US drone attacks in the Fata, terming them counterproductive.

Discussing the US Strategic Review on Afghanistan, FM Qureshi underlined that a stable and peaceful Afghanistan was in Pakistan’s strategic interest.

Pakistan would not shirk from taking any steps possible to promote and facilitate reconciliation and reintegration in the country as a part of the Afghanistan-driven process, he said, adding that it was necessary that Pakistan and US should be on the same page.

On Trilateral (Afghanistan-Pakistan-US) Ministerial Meeting to be held in Washington in February this year, the two sides underlined the need for full preparations with a view to achieving maximum tangible results.

The two sides expressed confidence that President Asif Zardari’s visit to Washington and US President Barack Obama’s visit to Pakistan this year would further give boost to the process of strengthening bilateral ties.

Qureshi said Pakistan attached immense importance to its relations with the US and was very much encouraged that the process was moving in the right direction. He added that the disbursement of US economic assistance to Pakistan needed to be accelerated.

Pakistan seeks early aid, drone technology | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Well-placed diplomatic sources informed The Nation that both the foreign ministers and the COAS called for early US consideration of Pakistan’s demand for transfer of drone technology. Sources said Obama Administration had promised to consider Pakistan’s demand positively. According to ISPR, the visiting US dignitary called on Gen Kayani and both discussed matters of mutual interest.

Pakistan seeks early aid, drone technology | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Yeah, we'll "transfer" drone technology to Pakistan when Pakistan hands over bin Laden, Zawahiri and Haqqanni and all the other anti-Afghan terrorists that the GoP is sheltering in FATA.

Yeah, we'll "transfer" drone technology to Pakistan when Pakistan hands over bin Laden, Zawahiri and Haqqanni and all the other anti-Afghan terrorists that the GoP is sheltering in FATA.

And who made you a mind reader huh patheic comment ... have you seen that bastard in Pakistan first hand ? i didn't think so a typical american comment without using brians iam not attacking you but iam correcting you and letting you know that what you said is wrong and false unless proven so plzz don't disrespect Pakistan and its people cuz it falls back on all of us as a discraceful false lie plus what do you care while poor people die there everyday and else where you are here typing and saying false statments plzz act matture i was not expecting a dumb *** comment like that from you plzz show some respect to Pakistan and this is a Pakistani forum if haven't forgotten don't be a damn hater :tdown::angry:

One thing I don't understand why they ask from Drone technology again and again when it was refused so many times.

And who made you a mind reader huh patheic comment ... have you seen that bastard in Pakistan first hand ? i didn't think so a typical american comment without using brians iam not attacking you but iam correcting you and letting you know that what you said is wrong and false unless proven so plzz don't disrespect Pakistan and its people cuz it falls back on all of us as a discraceful false lie plus what do you care while poor people die there everyday and else where you are here typing and saying false statments plzz act matture i was not expecting a dumb *** comment like that from you plzz show some respect to Pakistan and this is a Pakistani forum if haven't forgotten don't be a damn hater :tdown::angry:

Topgun, Sir,

Honestly and truly I do not hate Pakistan nor Pakistanis. I just want justice for 9-11. And, of course I may be wrong about where bin Laden and Zawahiri are. But, I truly believe that Pakistan has within its power to give the USA this justice that it seeks, but chooses not to because it loves Kashmir more and thinks that it needs Haqqani, et al. to use as tools to regain Kashmir.

Topgun, Sir,

Honestly and truly I do not hate Pakistan nor Pakistanis. I just want justice for 9-11. And, of course I may be wrong about where bin Laden and Zawahiri are. But, I truly believe that Pakistan has within its power to give the USA this justice that it seeks, but chooses not to because it loves Kashmir more and thinks that it needs Haqqani, et al. to use as tools to regain Kashmir.

You want Justice for 9/11 and you are finding terrorist who did that outside USA? Let me help you. Here...

George_Bush_300.jpg

Sir,

When will you realize Jet Engines do not evaporate when burnt in petrol and buildings do not collapse under fire as they do under controlled demolition. Start thinking rationally.. you will find responsible for 9/11 inside US boundaries.

Regarding Osama, USA never wanted him or 140 thousands foot soldiers wouldn't be killing Taliban rather searching bushes and mountains. Please think putting yourself in our shoes.. no guarantee but there is a good chance we were right.

Regarding Alqaida, we have lost 3 times more people, more money and more resources to them.. if you are looking for "justice".. we are looking for "justice"x3 from them. So hold your horses and do pretend as if USA is the most or the only sufferer of terrorists. And no we do not need any body to support us to get Kashmir Liberated from India. for that Kashmiris and our forces are more than enough.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Last edited:
:
Topgun, Sir,

Thruthseeker sir i could't agree with more as much as iam Pakistani iam also Amercian by birth i truly love both nations as GOD is my witness. I want all these coward terrorist dead and belive me i can't stress enough the pain me and family felt when 9/11 happend and till now as all of us americans feel as the world feels . But we don't know if he is there i hate the gov of Pakistan the man i wanted in power and many other Pakistani's wanted to stay in power had been thrown off iam sure you know who iam talking mushy that is ... we can only hope for the best and i sure hope that bin the bastard laden gets caught or gets a bullet right across his dirty nasty forhead and the same goes for all these other cowards to me these people are not human and should be in hell .:sniper: :hang2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom