What's new

Pakistan second-worst country in gender equality: WEF

Sad is the day when women are indoctrinated by the belief they do not deserve emancipation. Sad is the day when women become docile to a society that view them as little more than a incubator for one's progeny. Sad is one whose view on equality has become perverted and they look to a distant future instead of fighting for their rights. I really do pity you, dear.

You don't really have to pity me i have more rights then you possibly can imagine without having to act like men to prove my worth. You should pity yourself because you reached a conclusion without getting the point if you read my post correctly i said i was in favour of women emancipation but like most movements in history it hasn't achieved its goals the way it aimed to, i didn't say it didn't do women any good i acknowledged that but with some crucial drawbacks. So instead of pitying me you should read my post correctly before jumping on to conclusions and getting dramatic about it.

Last edited:
I'd love to know on what basis this index was calculated because the Human Development Report 2013 published by the United Nations Development Program in Table 4 Gender Inequality Index on Pages 156 to 159 gives India a Gender Inequality Rank of 132 & a Gender Inequality Index of 0.610, Pakistan of 123 & 0.567 respectively and Bangladesh of 111 & 0.518 respectively !

For those who wish to read more about it & other such indicators may find this link useful : Indices & Data | Gender Inequality Index | Human Development Reports (HDR) | United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)

Back
Top Bottom