What's new

Pakistan second-worst country in gender equality: WEF

Well everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion i never said the the aspirations of the movement were absurd but like most movements, they sidelined the main issue by not just blaming men but urging women to act like men to prove to them how they are just as capable as men are. Women emancipation can work pretty effectively even otherwise without leading to misandry. Thats where it went wrong according to me.
well that is what a movement was about, to claim that you are equal( entitled to equal opportunity), you have to show that you are equal. For many professions/roles women were regarded as not suitable, and now we know they are. If some had not tried to push the boundary, we would never have women in so many new professions.
A tiny level of misandry cannot discredit the movement, in my view.

well that is what a movement was about, to claim that you are equal( entitled to equal opportunity), you have to show that you are equal. For many professions/roles women were regarded as not suitable, and now we know they are. If some had not tried to push the boundary, we would never have women in so many new professions.
A tiny level of misandry cannot discredit the movement, in my view.

Well like i said i never disagreed with the aspirations and the motives of the movement but otherwise we can always agree to disagree :)

There's a difference between feminism and equal rights for woman....yes there are cooky feminists out there ....but does not mean that woman have all the rights they deserve.

No you are right about that indeed feminism is in no way equivalent to granting women their rights. Maybe its an equally forceful rebellion to a patriarchal society and an equally absurd one as well though we still have a long way to go in terms of granting women their rights.

Sad is the day when women are indoctrinated by the belief they do not deserve emancipation. Sad is the day when women become docile to a society that view them as little more than a incubator for one's progeny. Sad is one whose view on equality has become perverted and they look to a distant future instead of fighting for their rights. I really do pity you, dear.

Sad is the day when women are indoctrinated by the belief they do not deserve emancipation. Sad is the day when women become docile to a society that view them as little more than a incubator for one's progeny. Sad is one whose view on equality has become perverted and they look to a distant future instead of fighting for their rights. I really do pity you, dear.

It depends on which country or society one tries to push the envelope, even some degree of leeway given to women over a period of time in a regressive society is way better than full equality in an already free society. There is only so much even an hardcore female freedom movement enthusiast can do in some countries or else they would end up getting shot like Malala.

Its not that bad as it sounds. Women are in much better condition and enjoy.

Most of the women are housewives.
Those countries talk about so called equality who are themselves made lives of women hell only in USA according to their own reports 1 out 5 women are rape victims so they need to improve their own issues first before telling us what to do and yes we have problems and we need to sort them out and educate our people about Islam and rights and duties of Islam both to women and men

Well , Pakistan is a "Islamic Republic" , Islam is our state religion . Koran says "Woman has half the share in inheritance , and witness by two women equals witness by one man" ... Now as Muslims , we are very much satisfied with Islamic laws . The westerners see these laws as " unjust and not granting equal rights to women" , .This very much explains the low ranking of muslim countries on this list ...
BUT WHAT THE HELL IS INDIA DOING ON 101 , When it claims to be a "secular democracy" !! ???

Well , Pakistan is a "Islamic Republic" , Islam is our state religion . Koran says "Woman has half the share in inheritance , and witness by two women equals witness by one man" ... Now as Muslims , we are very much satisfied with Islamic laws . The westerners see these laws as " unjust and not granting equal rights to women" , .This very much explains the low ranking of muslim countries on this list ...
BUT WHAT THE HELL IS INDIA DOING ON 101 , When it claims to be a "secular democracy" !! ???
Women gets half of inheritance because in Islam its men who has the main duty to earn and also women get from her husband too and the share which women get she has complete choice and doesn't have to spend on any one but men has to

Women gets half of inheritance because in Islam its men who has the main duty to earn and also women get from her husband too and the share which women get she has complete choice and doesn't have to spend on any one but men has to

I seriously don't think this is sole propriety of Islam.

The female species lives by the adage - what's yours is mine, what's mine is also mine.

Well everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion i never said the the aspirations of the movement were absurd but like most movements, they sidelined the main issue by not just blaming men but urging women to act like men to prove to them how they are just as capable as men are. Women emancipation can work pretty effectively even otherwise without leading to misandry. Thats where it went wrong according to me.

Unfortunately, west is exploiting the delicate gender in the name of feminie freedom, they are using them by invoking their own will. It is not the men which were ridden of their attires but the women who without it even in the coldest of weathers.

Bangladesh is so much better than most islamist countries. Looks like thats the reason jamaatis keep whining all the time.

india needs to improve our rank. I would like to know the specific areas and the specific measures needed.

Woman and man are equal they are equally capable.. its women's right to choose what they want to do with their life, just like men should decide what to do with theirs

i thought india was the worst country and most hypocrate to when it comes to gender equality hell how on earth we can say we have progressed moralli when we dont feel shamed when we often hear even so called young & educated Middle class indians saying "ek beta to hona hi chahiye" when we abort unborn children just because they were females and the most painful thing comes owt when we hear that a women had taken that decision how on earth can we then worship ma durga/laxmi/saraswati...bloody hypocrates :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom