What's new

Pakistan’s ISI from the inside

Am i looking at a possible change?

Anyways, good to see that your approach is turning towards 'what needs to be done' instead of 'nothing is gonna happen'..

Again, If military interfere with electoral procedures, it needs to do it after an open 'referendum' of general public, held by the Supreme court, to justify Army's involvement.. otherwise these political gurus will again blame Army for acting on its own behalf.. and the bogeyman will again come out from 'under the bed'..

Is there a constitutional provision for the Supreme Court to initiate and hold a referendum? I think not, since Article 48(6) gives the authority to hold referendums only to the President via the Election Commission.

Is there a constitutional provision for the Supreme Court to initiate and hold a referendum? I think not, since Article 48(6) gives the authority to hold referendums only to the President via the Election Commission.

A referendum could be in any shape or form, it does not need to be named as referendum even.. SC can just ‘uphold’ a plebiscite done ‘privately’ by any ‘private’ body if challenged, the only thing is that the given opinion should be on national level, maybe by some media outlet or a ‘specifically made’ NGO..

Bottom line is, there should be ample support ‘on paper’ for the Army to get involved and ensuring ‘free and fair’ elections and in ‘reforms’ of Election Commission..

It is politics after all, people who will vote for Army’s interference will give them right to do so, this will reduce the possibility of current political ‘cartoon characters’ to sing the song of ‘dictatorship’ and ‘coup’ per se.

The only solution to Pakistan Choatic situation is to get rid of the Western imposed sytem on us ...even the Dictatorship like Army rule is the best for us.... At least it will stop foreign interventions within our country.....:what:

A referendum could be in any shape or form, it does not need to be named as referendum even.. SC can just ‘uphold’ a plebiscite done ‘privately’ by any ‘private’ body if challenged, the only thing is that the given opinion should be on national level, maybe by some media outlet or a ‘specifically made’ NGO..

Bottom line is, there should be ample support ‘on paper’ for the Army to get involved and ensuring ‘free and fair’ elections and in ‘reforms’ of Election Commission..

It is politics after all, people who will vote for Army’s interference will give them right to do so, this will reduce the possibility of current political ‘cartoon characters’ to sing the song of ‘dictatorship’ and ‘coup’ per se.

That would be too contrived and illegal and unconstitutional, but when has that stopped previous efforts?

The only solution to Pakistan Choatic situation is to get rid of the Western imposed sytem on us ...even the Dictatorship like Army rule is the best for us.... At least it will stop foreign interventions within our country.....:what:

..... but will destroy the country in many other ways.

and who will make it sure that the dictator is not a foreign stooge?

That would be too contrived and illegal and unconstitutional, but when has that stopped previous efforts?

Efforts are to be made in providing the general public their 'right to elect'.. now if we follow the constitution, it seems far fetched that the current political 'cream' would allow any such effort to succeed. 'Selective' referendums have always been used, let it be ZUH's referendum or recent MQM's..

So why not use their 'weapon' against them?

At least, somewhere the people would be able to decide without 'intervention'..

Besides, most of the current mindset is based on foreign 'polls'.. are those legal?

.... now if we follow the constitution, it seems far fetched that the current political 'cream' would allow any such effort to succeed.....................

So now you agree with me? :D

Unless you are saying to go unconstitutional under the "doctrine of necessity"? Even that has been shown to be a failure.

I rest my case.

So now you agree with me? :D

Unless you are saying to go unconstitutional under the "doctrine of necessity"? Even that has been shown to be a failure.

I rest my case.

And you are referring to? :P

See... don't go vague.. i have never believed in 'solo' action.. i have always supported the 'national consensus'.. now it comes through vote or referendum it doesn't matter.. as long as it serves the people of Pakistan..

I still want our nation to be educated in this aspect, and i stand by what i said before.. It is the responsibility of the learned class (not elite) to educate them by whatever means possible..

And you are referring to? :P

See... don't go vague.. i have never believed in 'solo' action.. i have always supported the 'national consensus'.. now it comes through vote or referendum it doesn't matter.. as long as it serves the people of Pakistan..

I still want our nation to be educated in this aspect, and i stand by what i said before.. It is the responsibility of the learned class (not elite) to educate them by whatever means possible..

I am not vague; it is crystal clear that whether the action you propose through "education" is "solo", or "national consensus", it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Back
Top Bottom