Pakistan repays $393m to IMF

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
THE NEWSPAPER'S STAFF REPORTER
KARACHI: Pakistan paid the 19th instalment on Monday under IMF Standby Agreement facility amounting to SDR 258 million (equivalent to $393m), the State Bank said.

With this repayment, the country has so far repaid SDRs 3.319bn ($5.055bn) since Jul 2011. SDRs 2.835bn ($ 4.311bn) has been paid under SBA facility.

The SBP said the remaining amount due under IMF-SBA until Sept 2015 is SDRs 2.101bn.

If Pakistan can pay of their debts why approach the IMF recently for more money? I am assuming this amount was paid from Forex reserves ?

Can we not just change our address and not respond to the debt letters?:lol:

Can we not just change our address and not respond to the debt letters?
USA did not change the address but showed green light to those who helped them. We can try it as well. But NS needs a big heart to do it and people need to have a strong back to sustain it.

pakistan pays 393 million back to imf and will get 2 billion in the next month ............. beat mr. dadar

Most of you in this thread are coming off as extremely ignorant, I must say. Dont talk out of your butt if you dont know anything about economics and pakistan's current situation. You guys are acting like as if Pakistan had one of the highest GDP, no debt, peace everywhere, no corruption bla bla and all of a sudden, the tyrants (PMLN) hijacked the govt and have imposed their sick mentality and have taken loans for their personal use. Get real. Pakistan isnt the best country in the world when it comes to economic situation. I'd say, log off from PDF and watch few interviews of high profile pakistani economists. Maybe than youll stop talking out of your butt. pshh

No offense but most pakistani users on this forum have an extremely low IQ.. Sadly, you wouldn't see an indian user talking out of his butt, whereas I see hordes of pakistani users just randomly talking out of their ***** as if their opinions matter and they got the PhD in Bull crap.

THE NEWSPAPER'S STAFF REPORTER
KARACHI: Pakistan paid the 19th instalment on Monday under IMF Standby Agreement facility amounting to SDR 258 million (equivalent to $393m), the State Bank said.

With this repayment, the country has so far repaid SDRs 3.319bn ($5.055bn) since Jul 2011. SDRs 2.835bn ($ 4.311bn) has been paid under SBA facility.

The SBP said the remaining amount due under IMF-SBA until Sept 2015 is SDRs 2.101bn.
Yep the amount has been released. Actually two payments were due one after another. Despite this, the positive thing witnessed today was that the speculative pressures have eased as KERB market rate almost equated Interbank USD-PKR rate.

Back
Top Bottom